Sign in to follow this  
skydog

Some progress/thoughts in stillness movement

As of today Im actually finding stillness movement like super deep meditation where I go to sleep and am aware and let every thought or perception pass while watching it...whereas before it was mostly just shaking...So yeh I find my bodys going to sleep and Im kind of awake..I also think its a big part of this stillness movement to watch and release the karmic strength of certain emotional or thought patterns.

• Like 1

Sounds like amazing progress Sinan. I think they call that savikalpa samadhi. I get that at times, the mind kind of dissolves into awareness, and there's just awareness observing itself, or whatever happens to pass through the mind. How long do you practise for?

Edited by Dreamlight Fugitive

When you guys shake - do your sphincter muscles contract similiar to an orgasm? I don't practice SM - but I have tried it - from reading someones off forum blog....And sure enough - I start shaking and have sphincter contractions - just like my normal Qigong. Now when I practice my regular Qigong and still my mind I get these energy rushes and contractions immediately....I wonder if one day they will turn into real orgasms?

Edited by chi 2012

To Dreamlight fugitive (hehe):)

ah cool, I googled that they say the next step is enlightenment lol... I have been practicing on average 5-6 hours a day for the last month of stillness movement- walking, sitting, standing, gift of the tao,

To Chi 2012 no, but it varies on each person I guess..the body shakes and we dont place any particular detail on the contraction of the sphincter, but if I havent masturbated for a few days my sexual energy is pretty high and am feeling like I am having an orgasm most of the day.

Sounds like good progress, I always wondered does Stillness movement go through the various stages of Samadhi described in the Buddhist texts? I understand it has some links to Buddhism, but it seems on the surface at least that it takes a different path through purification of the body to get there rather than mind stages, yet I only have limited experience without initiation so I don't know much.

Nice amount of practice you got there :)

The more experienced practitioners are saying it is not the movements that matter, that it gets more subtle as you practice and that there are worlds to venture which are hard to describe. I would imagine reaching states like samadhi could be a natural side-effect even if it isnt the goal, although the progress as I've understood is different for each? In my practice the shaking has toned down and I've started to have moments of stillness, nothing major conciousness-wise though. One day I felt like I was infront of a gate of some sort, sometimes I forget myself to the practice, it really depends on the day how it goes. It is interesting to hear about the experiences of other people :)

Edited by raimonio

To Jetsun, I think the structure/stages of enlightenment is kind of illusory personally...like it may not happen in such a structured logical order per se...I may be wrong though..I would much reccomend attending a workshop or distance class, powerful stuff in a good way...Have a nice day :)

To Raimonio....Yh I owe it to not working lol...Yes I am agreeing I think I have an inclination to rationalise and talk about "progress" but progress and regress are not always so clear cut as it seems possibly conceptual, like sometimes you need to get worse in order to get better...Interesting, yes interesting to hear others experiences, keep a journal it would be nice to read (if you want hehe) good day to you :)

Wow Sinan, 5-6 hours a day, that's incredible! No wonder you're experiencing breakthroughs in consciousness. I'm doing one full hour sitting and then I'm doing additional amounts at other times of the day, including lying down and walking, so I'm prob about 2 hours a day, and then gift of the tao on top of that. It's funny, I'm not sure how to rate my progress with the S-M, for some reason I was struggling last week but this week it feels natural and easier. The movements have tailed off a fair bit...but I find it easier to dip into pure stillness and awareness.

Jetsun, I'm not sure, although I imagine the levels of consciousness are the same regardless of the practise, because consciousness is consciousness. Obviously there's a different level to the S-M because it's not just meditation but has a physical, energetic component. But yeah, the ancient Buddhists, yogis such as Patanjali and the rishis of the Upanishads had such an amazing understanding of consciousness, its nature and levels. I'm fascinated by it. In my view it far exceeds the modern day understanding of psychologists/neurologists/etc, although those disciplines are still comparatively in their infancy so they may yet catch up :P

I had totally forgot theres a personal practice section, I will be stalking you sinasencer :P Interesting idea having a journal, I hope that one day I could raise the amount of practice I do and maybe then I could do a journal, I dont know we'll see I'll def think about it :)

I briefly thought about a journal, but then realised it wouldn't be very interesting haha. I wouldn't want to bore people - though I do enjoy peeking at other people's, they seem more interesting than me somehow. I feel I just need to sit in the silence a lot now. My mind resists because silence is a place the mind can't enter, it has to remain at the door. Although it does try to gatecrash rather a lot.

Did about 11 hours in total today...cool and raimonio and rory...get a journal man, your journal is your journal there is no good or bad, it really helps with things :)

11 hours! That must have been awesome!

I'm still trying to figure out how I can create enough time to do 3 hours a day. I'd really like to be able to project energy so I can help my friends and family.

Seriously 11 hrs? Wow that's really impressive. I practice 3-4 hrs a day and I thought that's alot. You ever consider going up to the mountains and be a hermit?

Well it went like this 2 hours in the forest barefoot, another 1 and a half hours creating/designing (what the trees told me ahah) although I dont count that, 1 hour walk to the shop, 1 hour taking my dog for a walk, from 5:30 to 12:30 am (7 hours) I was walking/on the train/waiting to do ecstatic dance and during ecstatic dance did it plus the walk home...you can do stillness movement when in conversation, revising, on the computer, eating, sleeping (even for a little bit, lying down before sleeping) although it dpends when you count that.

Yeh I kind of sometimes consider that, but I also want to contribute to the world, Im sure there will be opportunities and plus I enjoy some aspects of normal life

Although it is important to do all these (hours) properly and not just put hour in eg, watching thoughts letting them go etc plus michael and the serious practitioners probably do it all day long.

Edited by sinansencer

Just remember to allow the body to move when it wants to. The perception that only beginners move and advanced practitioners don't is not true. I move in most all my sessions. SHAKING is generally rarer than movement, except on a smaller vibratory scale .

Just remember to allow the body to move when it wants to. The perception that only beginners move and advanced practitioners don't is not true. I move in most all my sessions. SHAKING is generally rarer than movement, except on a smaller vibratory scale .

thanks for the info hope your well

and lol rainbow vein...hmm yeh 17 hours in a day a week ago aim to be doing this everyday soon or even sleeping qigong everyday so 24 hours, check my bench rep stats haha

and full awareness I doubt 100% getting distracted here and there so numbers are a little skewed. will pay more attention though

and lately Im just shaking, one day deep breaths, one day agitated, one day still, one day really deep so kind of pointless to make any real conclusions about this, curious rainbow vein do you ever pay attention to you breath as well, you said something about your breath going deep?

edit: whatever happens, happens I guess.

Edited by sinansencer

Sign in to follow this