xenolith

Is golden nectar DMT?

You have simply got to check out DMT:THE SPIRIT MOLECULE. Cant remember the authors name of the top of my head,but it would definetely contribute to what youre looking at.Details clinical experiments with synthetic DMT,but also has informed speculation about the role of the naturally occuring DMT in the human brain,particularly at birth & death,as a kind of 'soul doorway/downloader'.

Regards,Cloud :)

Jeepers-it's been about 30 years since I partook of DMT. I remember it as a sort of waking-dream state. There is an erotic componant to this memory also-but that is most likely due to the context of the experience, not the chemical inter-action.

I'll try to recall...There was waiting and waiting and then -wham-like a rocket being launched, sporatic hallucinations amid a feeling of wonder and euphoria...I can't recall any insights or specific connections I made- but it is a very pleasant memory...I guess soulful is an apt word- but that may just be projecting backward from here... Not much help, all these years later-So, good luck, and stay mindful as you quest...

Edited by Wayfarer64

Thanks very much for the info friends. I've never taken DMT, but have taken LSD and mushrooms and have commented elsewhere on the similarity between peaking on acid and CCOs. It was in a thread here about hallucinagens that a post alerted me to the possible relationship between the golden nectar of CCOs and DMT. Thanks bums!

Wayfarer64, your description of waiting and then -wham-a rocket being launched is very similar to what I experience just prior to and at the moment of initiation of CCOs. And yes, always mindful, thank you.

cloud recluse, thank you, I'll check out that reference. The 'birth/death doorway/downloader' is quite interesting. I can very well imagine having a CCO at the moment of death.

Maybe that one just keeps going on...

Edited by xenolith

Schizofrenics have an un-naturally high amount of DMT in their brainchemistry. Mind what windows you open and close in your house. The standards of minding "set & setting" are as advisable for the psychonaut as the meditator.

Spectrum

PS- it's easier to meditate in a clean house.

Edited by Spectrum

GrandTrinity, just so that I'm understanding correctly, which things are you referring to?

Good info and advise Spectrum.

Schizofrenics have an un-naturally high amount of DMT in their brainchemistry. Mind what windows you open and close in your house. The standards of minding "set & setting" are as advisable for the psychonaut as the meditator.

Spectrum

PS- it's easier to meditate in a clean house.

More excellent advice. Thank you Spectrum. Please rest assured, there's no need to advise me of these things. My SKF abilities have come by the honest and humble means of failure upon 100-fold failures upon 1000-fold failures (without loss of enthusiasm!) which, among other things, has served to greatly reduce my ego. Schizofrenia feeds from ego and I'm like an empty bowl.

For clarity's sake, I should note that it's been a very long time since I've consumed pyshcotropics. I've had no use for them for that same very long period of time since becoming able to experience CCOs. I take my mind to far more insightful places with infintely more control through SKF methods.

In the interest of further clarity, I have no intention of taking DMT, at least until such time as I determine that my multiple working hypothesis regarding the origin of CCOs converges on a DMT genesis. Then, yea, I'll probably take it in order to further constrain my hypothesis. For now I simply want to know what information is out there that indicates that the experience of CCOs are DMT originated. Perhaps someday, if my curiosity remains unsated with what I can learn through scholarly research, I may engage in the requisite experimental research to satisfy my inquisitiveness. I'd love to have a CCO in a CAT scanner and/or with a spinal colum tap at the sacrum in order to learn more about what is going on neurochemically during these experiences. Suffice it to say, these circumstances and apparati are rather unconducive to generation of the hightened state of joyful awareness of a CCO...the spinal column tap in particular. Yep, scholarly research for now.

Any and all contributions are greatly appreciated.