Marius Tudor

Religion

i think you might be making blanket statements, which are never accurate.

but yes many hucksters in the bliss and ecstasy business pitch their shtick to those who lack bliss and ecstasy

makes sense to me, just kinda something you have to deal with to seperate the legit paths from the snake oil

I see that I had two busy days and couldn't take an eye on what happened in this thread and there are already two new pages worth of your insights.After digesting it all hopefully I will come with something englihtenining on the matter.I have some new questionts to ask but it will change the topic 180 degrees so I choose to rather not ask them.

See you tommorow

Well the odds for that are about 25,000 to 1.

Must have been meant to happen.

Spooky....

Numerology is good fun, especially when it involves codes and conspiracies, we should maybe run with something about it.

For example here's one I saw earlier....

"Forthcoming volumes of Secrets of the Lotus Sutra will be made available here as .... the source code of Life hidden below the cognitive level of mortal existence...... "

and so on for yaerds and yaerds.

Incredible stuff, all bollocks but nevertheless, incredibly amusing.

:)

Thats true if the total possibilities where only 25k and there was an equal chance for every one of them to get the number... which evidently isn't the case...

the funny thing about it is that after the fact the possibilities change to 100% or 0% ... before the fact possibilities are basically depreciable...

I will go abit from topic into numbers aswell.

just for fun :D i would like to suggest the notion that the possibilities remains and that it didn't really become 100% or 0%.

going back to topic.

The number three or trinity comes up in many religion or spiritual concepts.

Like Buddhism -> Buddha, Dharma, Sangha and Suffering, Impermanence, Anatta

Hinduism -> Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva and their Shakti's counterparts.

Christainity -> Father, Son and Holy Spirit

Yijing -> Heaven, Earth and Man

Dao's three treasures -> Compassion, Frugality and Humility

Daoism Alchemy -> Jing, Qi and Shen or Essence, Vigor and Spirit

and many more...

Edited by XieJia

God doesn't play dice! :) what do you think about this statement?

Are you trying to lead me into temptation?

Hehehe.

Actually, that is an arguement from the Creationists. It suggests that there was intent on the part of God for the universe to be as it is. We will never know the reason why - we just have to have faith.

It is aqward since people say that rolling a single dice you have a 1/6 chances to get the desired number.However if you throw the dice 6 times that does not mean neccesary that you will get one side for each throw.If the number of throws is increased the sides appear almost equally.However I think that throwing a dice is dependent on the speed of wind , weight of the dice,speed of the dice, and so on.If you can throw the dice with a certain speed and so on you will get the side that you want.

doctrine is only as true as the doctrine is true what believer chooses it to be is irrelevant

That the choice of believe is irrelevant is what you choice to believe.

God doesn't play dice! :) what do you think about this statement?

Gods are many. Infinite Gods play dice. Infinite Gods do not play dice.

Thats what I think about the statement.

Oh God plays dice and gets to win always... God has all the time in the world and all the bases covered...

God does have an intent and the universe is the way the universe is thanks to God and God's creatures...

I believe God became man in Jesus Christ to save us through divine love...

- we could accept Jesus Christ and learn about divine love through joy, peace, happiness, life, acceptance

- we could reject Jesus Christ and learn about divine love though suffering, pain, regret, death rejection

Which way the lesson is learned, which way the dice rolls, is up to each... ultimately one will learn the truth one way or the other... some will love it some will have it though all will know it...

I'm confused. What God are you talking about? xD jesus?

It also turned out to be the central point in the schism between the two prevailing theories of quantum physics. There are a group of quantum physicists who feel that there is an underlying intelligence behind the manefestation of the material universe, and a different group who feel that it has all played out just as a matter of chance. If you have any interest in quantum physics (or just interesting science) you may enjoy this:

Yeah, I watch all the quantum physics documentaries on the boob tube just in case they accidently say something I can agree with. Hehehe.

So far the quantum folks haven't convinced me that they actually "know" what they are talking about.

And, of course, Stephen Hawkin said that we don't need any god for the universe to exist. (Everything came from nothing.)