Marius Tudor

Religion

The thing is to make the first step and then the next and then the next... (ok thats meant for me more than for you)...

Go where you consider you should go... flow with it... sometimes getting off-topic is a way to get unto the topic... from a slightly different perspective... I would like to share with you something a mentor shared with me... "Do focus on small things"... don't try to do it, just do it! Succeed or learn one of the ways not to succeed ... In other words eliminate the word 'try' from your vocabulary ... and while you are at it also eliminate the word 'easy' ... better yet keep them and never again use them...

Yes thank you for the advice.I will keep a note.

In my view, anyone who uses the term Abrahamic has missed the mark. Anyone.

Who was Abraham? I take it that he was a prophet ...

Anyway I kinda got the idea about "Abrahamic" religions, however what can be said about "religions" which don't need a god?I used quotes on the word religion since no other word popped-up in my mind.

By the way, I read a while ago a short story about buddha.When buddha was walking with some followers of his ,he met a person who asked him whether if god does exist or not.And he replied not.After a short while he met another person which asked him the same question but this time he replied yes.After that person left his students were intrigued and asked why did he answer differently on the same question.The answer of buddha ....well, I forgot what it was...but maybe someone can tell.

Yes of course I did reffer to your latest post at time.When I said that I am sorry about not understanding I actually thought that just saying "I don't uderstand" would seem somehow offensive to you from my perspective.

Now I see what you meant.True display of mental lazyness on my behalf.When I said "maybe someone can tell" it was me asking if there is someone which knows the rest of the anecdote since I forgot it.

Yep I'd be better off know I would do something about my missunderstanding instead of being sorry for it.I'd like to blame my "english skills" but I would be fooling myself.

Right or wrong is a product of our perception.Right or wrong do not really exist.There is something "right" and that is called tao?That "right" cannot be defined by contrast with anything.

If I were the judge I'd treat each individually and not by contrast, even if many will see this outrageous.

Nice example.

Now deliberate and tell me if I'm "right"

Edited by Marius Tudor

'Abrahamic' is just tech shorthand for Judaism Xtianity and Islam. Check wiki ts.

Of course, but you missed my point entirely.

Forgive an old man. I am both slow and stupid.

You make a good point.

Help me out here guys please.

Marius is haunted by Xtianity.

We are trying to put him straight.

Right?

Talking about Abraham was kinda interesting

There's a bunch of people who make fun of him for doing literally everything God asked him to

Except this one time where he made God do what he wanted, but everyone keeps forgetting about that...

Bible-God Inc.

[Open for negotiation]

One of the firm's three partners is always on the premises.

Step inside and make us an offer.

All major currencies [and bribes] accepted.

We also take Amex,Visa and Diners Club

[30% card charge].

That slippery G word 'Grace' locates your affirmation within Xtian discourse. Those accepting your term would agree. Those who don't buy into the Xtian discourse, would not.

Not saying you are 'wrong' in any way. If you didn't believe it presumably you wouldn't affirm it.

Truth is subjective so each to their own version.

These nihilistic claims that there is no right or wrong, that its just arbitrary, subjective perception and has no basis in reality... do you truly, from your heart, feel this is true? Consider this statement: "There are no universal truths." Now is that not a "universal truth" in and of itself? And consider "there is no right or wrong." would that statement not be "right"? Implying that there is a "right" opposed to "wrong"? If it were right, then contradiction rules, and also in being wrong, well... such is the wondrous double-edged sword that is paradox. The perception, or lack thereof, that for example, holocaustic rape is neither right nor wrong seems to be an exercise in self-delusion and self-depravity under the guise of a egoic spiritual pseudo-enlightenment. Ironic that some people, despite a complete lacking of deeper spiritual understanding, help allow society to be a somewhat safe and just world by not neglecting their humanity and morality for the sake of metaphysical righteousness, ego-inflation through the ruse of illusory spiritual transcendence bs humility. All or nothing for some people... sure ideally there is no judgement, no right or wrong.... but in this plane of reality, perhaps we have evolved to judge and perceive right or wrong, with wisdom and balance, or should we just allow thievery, murder and rape to flourish because we mustn't judge, mustn't recogize the sense of morality in our hearts, mustn't acknowledge right or wrong? Why so fervishly deny one's humanity?

Edited by fizix

I have deliberated and NOW will tell you what you requested ... - if I'm "right"

hope you are smiling... - if I'm "right" - you are... if not well smile anyway its better than feeling sorry...

Yes I did smile :)

Forgive an old man. I am both slow and stupid.

You make a good point.

Help me out here guys please.

Marius is haunted by Xtianity.

We are trying to put him straight.

Right?

There are some concepts which have been bothering me for as long as I can remember

Btw.I sent you a private message yesterday and it was about the excercise routine you reccomended.Please check it out if you have the time and willingness, thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#What I did understand till now is that "truth" can only be aproximated when it comes to doing a rational effort.Language is precise and the truth is somewhat irrational.Take for instance number pi (Ï€)=3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510 58209 74944 59230 78164 06286 20899 86280 34825 34211 70679...etc.You can make an intellectual effort untill you go insane and you will still not be able to find all the digits.This is why I think the disscussion about truth was in fact in vain.You really complicated things instead of making them easier.On the tao bums forum I expect TAO answers and not those elaborated speeches with nice words and overuse of neologisms.Keep it simple guys.I myself noticed that as the years passed and I go to school and read stuff and try to explain certain concepts to myself I always get better and better at an intellectual level but I still make the same mistakes and find myself in the same patterns.I realize that what I did now is a display of hypocritical bullsh** but it was the best way for me to approximate my feelings. I hope you got the idea guys, and I hope that you will come again and say a thing or two about tao.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer:Please leave your "brain" at home next time.

Edited by Marius Tudor
  • Like 1

hello marius,

like you said, instead of trying to puts truth into frameworks.

don't worry about the value of pi

don't worry about religion

don't worry about truth

so lets forgets them for a moment.

you can come back to them later, they will be there when you come back and pick them up :)

now take a walk

take a walk in the park, by the river, around the streets.

to anywhere; the place you like where you feel most relaxed.

and stop and sit yourself down, or even lay down.

Look around, at the people, the grass, the tree, the fluffy clouds.

Listens to laughters, clock tickings, children playing, people talking, listen to the wind.

play attentions to the fragrances you smells with the nose, to the flavors in your mouth.

watch your feelings as you experiences these things, watch your thoughts as you experiences these things.

just feel now, and see your senses working collectively together and independently.

relax into your being, relax into the moment.

now that's the truth;

right there in front of you.

religion is what comes later.

now that's the truth;

right there in front of you.

religion is what comes later.

But only if you want to add it to your truths. (You really don't have to add it, you know.)