Kundanoobalini

Some questions regarding Kundalini Awakening

Anamatva: The darshan experience sounds like some pretty intense stuff!

It's great that something good came from it.

I have been seing different lights like many stars, and orbs and circles of different colours inside my mind, but I never got any deeper meaning from them.

I also tend to see some "prana sparks" when the sky is blue.

I can also let the kriyas come at will, though I feel like the energy needs to be released. Kindoff like the need to go to the bathroom, you can hold it off, but not for too long :P

Karma is another thing that sounds a little woo-ey to me, but I will not dismiss it entirely.

I tried searching for "shaking practice" but didnt find much, do you have a link?

Sounds like something I should try.

Beware Kundalini psychosis. Some symptoms described here sound somewhat similar to what's in the medical journals.

The 'mind' consciously willing towards manifestation of these episodes is what is potentially most at risk. Sharing such praxes could be akin to 'folie a deux' [look it up] .

Taoist Qi cultivation could not be further from what is being discussed here.

Each to their own, but do be very careful guys.

• Like 1

Yo Tao Bums!

It appears that I have awakened the Kundalini energy in myself by accident and this seems like a legit site to ask some questions.

It probably happened because I used binural beats for relaxation. Now I experience many symptoms that correspond with awakened kundalini.

Im just a "normal" guy who's completely ignorant when it comes to spiritual practices and enegy work. To be honest, I never belived any of it before. The awakening has opened my mind for other possibilities about the world, but im still a reasonable sceptic.

Anyway, from what I read on the net, the seemingly best way to deal with this awakening is to just "let go" and let the symptoms happen as they occur. I feel I have it under somewhat control, but as long as I cant turn it off completely im still a little worried.

In that regard I have some questions that I hope someone with personal experience can ansver.

Hopefully someone who's been trough the process.

1. How long did the kundalini process take for you?

2. Did you experience any negative symptoms or got any negative results?

3. Did you experience any positive symptoms or got any positive results?

4. Did the kundalini process really change your personality?

5. Was it difficult to balance kundalini awakening with everyday life?

6. What resources did you use to get trough it?

7. Finally, if given a choice, would you have done it again?

Sorry if these questions seems stupid or something, but as my nickname imply im a total newbie and want to know what im in for.

Im grateful if someone ansver any of these questions, I have searced the net but think there is a thin line between fact and fiction out there.

Peace out!

Welcome to the Taobums, dude! :D

To be able to better understand what's going on energeticly in your body and to be able to give you some useful advice, could you first please elaborate what kind of symptoms you have exactly?

Thank you!

Beware Kundalini psychosis. Some symptoms described here sound somewhat similar to what's in the medical journals.

The 'mind' consciously willing towards manifestation of these episodes is what is potentially most at risk. Sharing such praxes could be akin to 'folie a deux' [look it up] .

Taoist Qi cultivation could not be further from what is being discussed here.

Each to their own, but do be very careful guys.

Thanks for the warning, if you have any tips, safety precautions or methods to avoid kundalininsanity to share - it would be most appreciated. As for the 'folie a deux' - I wonder if all the scary stories about kundalini awakenings can contribute to make things worse also? I do try to keep my mind in check regardless.

Welcome to the Taobums, dude! :D

To be able to better understand what's going on energeticly in your body and to be able to give you some useful advice, could you first please elaborate what kind of symptoms you have exactly?

Thank you!

Thanks for the welcome!

:D

Now, going back to around spring 2010, I have experienced the following:

-Spontaneous\atomatic body movements,

-Spontaneous\atomatic yoga movements

-Spontaneous\atomatic acupressure or tapping\hitting on sore points all over my body, i think it's trying to force energy along

merdian lines

-Spontaneous\automatic making weird noises

-Spontaneous\automatic cracking joints

-Spontaneous\automatic mudras

-Spontaneous\automatic mudras rubbing nails together

-Spontaneous\automatic breathing patterns or pranayama

-Spontaneous\automatic rolling of eyes and\or tongue movement

-Feeling strong pressure around the lover belly area

-Mood swings, not that often and dramatic, but indeed noticable

-Pressure inside skull, as if my brain is trying to change it's size.

-Increased interest in religions and spritual matters

-Seeing different lights, as mentioned earlier, like many stars, and orbs and circles of different colours inside my mind. I also tend to see some white "prana sparks" when the sky is blue.

-A few times I have experienced that energy has come all the way up to my head and knocked me out for some seconds. It sounds weird but it felt good.

-Shifts in sex-drive, horny as **** one day, and indifferent to sex the next day.

Thats what I remember for now.. so im pretty convinced it's kundalini. So far without any real bad stuff.

Besides from these symptoms I experience little change in my personality, so im wondering if am supposed to do something

to help the process along or just relax into it and let it do its thing.

That sounds good, irritation or anger is mostly useless. Though anger could be used to fuel motivation in some cases.

What I meant by "done" was occurence of physical and mental symptoms, kriyas, energy surges etc. Those are the factors that worry me a little after reading all the warnings and stories.

Uncontrolled symptoms stopped a few years ago. But, the energy grows as clarity grows. Overall, my experience has been very positive.

:)

Uncontrolled symptoms stopped a few years ago. But, the energy grows as clarity grows. Overall, my experience has been very positive.

Thats re-assuring and encouraging to hear!

Once again, thanks to yall for taking time to share your experiences.

Thanks for the warning, if you have any tips, safety precautions or methods to avoid kundalininsanity to share - it would be most appreciated. As for the 'folie a deux' - I wonder if all the scary stories about kundalini awakenings can contribute to make things worse also? I do try to keep my mind in check regardless.

Best tip I'd say might be...

Don't do it.

But good luck if you decide to carry on.

QiGong'll get you there and maybe even further plus it's far safer too. Then again I would say that cos I teach it.

Don't do it.

QiGong'll get you there and maybe even further plus it's far safer too. Then again I would say that cos I teach it.

Don't do it.

Hmm, you say that as if I had a choice.

As far as I can tell from what I read sofar about kundalini - is that it can't be turned off once it's activated.

Is this false?

I'll look more into QiGong though.

Yep you can stop it anytime.

Run the sequence anti clockwise simply visualising gates closing.

Breathe in at entrance to gate and out as you close it. Might take up to nine cycles but it works. No rush, take your time

Here's a useful cultivation to realign and open the 'proper' gates.

'Chakras' are just so wrong on so many levels. Wrong place, wrong function.

Will post a gate sequence if I can copy n paste one for you

HTH

Not all of 'em are in mental hospitals.

You should visit our centre sometime!

Then again, we might be barmy; but we're happy enough sorts.

(Ooo look.

There's a Unicorn.....!!!)

• Like 1

qigong and kundalini are two different worlds. And you can't just turn kundalini off by visualizing gates closing. Thats inaccurate. How much do you actually know about kundalini?

I'm glad you have confidence in your qigong grandmaster p but please give accurate information to those that need help.

@knoob - i will get back to you when i find a good post on shaking practice

edit: heres a good place to start - http://thetaobums.co...lini-practices/

Edited by anamatva
  • Like 3

edit: heres a good place to start - http://thetaobums.co...lini-practices/

I second that! Seth Ananda comes from a true kundalini lineage and the practice in the thread linked to above is great!

Also, Kundaloobanini, in case you are unsure how to estimate your kundalini shakti (is she friend or foe? what does she want with me and do to me? how should I communicate with her?), I would recommend you to read Seth Ananda's comment #16 in the following thread:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/17753-seth-ananda-please-teach-me-about-kundalini/

Let me quote:

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

Argh! such convoluted questions...

First for some background, my K awakening was not In a traditional school, but happened when I was 19 as a result of doing at least 6 hours of meditation a day, without fail, for many many months, possibly close to a year at that time, but I can not remember exactly. I had also been doing long fasts, and locking myself away to pray, chant and meditate for days/weeks at a time without ceasing.

I had no guidance, and do not know where I got the energy for the extremes I put myself through. I was very Inspired by Yogananda's book. All the meditations I did were from books I had read.

I have described the details of the awakening elsewhere, so to be quick I had an utterly mind expanding, Life and personality transforming experience over 6 months, that ended in psychosis. I recovered.

Later that year I found a Kashmir Shavite Tantra school from Muktananda's Linage, [that was not related to gurumayai] and studied there extensively. I became good friends with the teacher, and eventually started teaching for him and helping run workshops. We lived together for a few years, and ran the K support groups. I did teacher training under him several times and now do some of the training of new teachers there.

But back to Kundalini. Once Its reached the top, giving you an experience of cosmic consciousness, and yes, moments of omnicience, everything changes.

On the first time up [which may take some time] There can be a lot of fireworks, Intense heat, crazy twisting serpent like sensations, horror and existential agony and bliss.

From then on much of those phenomena cease [or tend to] but K is not finished with you. From now she works subtly and slowly but just as powerful. And she works with an intelligence and grace that is surprising. She starts transforming you on a personality level, opening your Intuition and subtle senses deeper and deeper. And she always knows when you are ready, but not necessarily when Its convenient for you lol. It is still challenging at times, and I have been known to shout occasionally "Bitch, gimme a break!" but Its never to much any more, nor to frequently.

The other side is sometimes she is just such a gentle sweetness, that caresses one with love and bliss, disolving ones contractions, Into deeper and deeper openness. wub.gif

As for what she is, who can really say? The traditions themselves have different theorys. My tradition would say she is the Goddess [shakti], in her role as grace lifting us back out of Ignorance.

It would also say that She is our dormant energy and Intelligence, freeing ourselves from Limitation and contraction.

To describe that view properly, ShivaShakti [consciousness/energy] create a world of limitation and dive on in just for the fun of it. when in, Shiva becomes Jiva, or a limited powerless and Ignorant being [us] but Shiva can never be truly powerless, so that potential lies dormant until Its time again to stop dreaming and start waking up. Kundalini is that power.

Another way of saying it would be that Spirit/Light condenses in a path down till it becomes Matter. Matter 'seems' to be solid and Inert but really has all the power of spirit in its core.

At some point that energy gets sick of being trapped and decides to return - Kundalini.

I have explored many systems and techniques for working with K, and there are some amazing ways to get It going, but, and thanks Hundun for bringing it up brother, I tend to think Shaking practice is the cream of the crop. There are a few processes that can be quicker, and are Highly valuable, but spontaneous shaking is also one of the best ways to manage K once she is up and going. Its such a safe practice.

I have people over fairly regularly for 2-3 hour shaking sessions and I just cant sing its praises enough. Its like crisis averted every time [for whoever prompted the session]

I am not sure what else to say? If someone has specific questions feel free to ask.

Big Love smile.gif

Wow, I think that's just great! :D

It is still challenging at times, and I have been known to shout occasionally "Bitch, gimme a break!" but Its never to much any more, nor to frequently.
Haha, wonderful! ^_^
  • Like 2

Thank you for the link. This place is really a wealth of information. The combined level of experience and different perspectives of the members here is pretty amazing.

yeah i always liked seth's contributions, and i love ttb for the same reasons! youre welcome

Thanks again good bums! I will try the shaking practice, it seems like fun.

Once Its reached the top, giving you an experience of cosmic consciousness, and yes, moments of omnicience, everything changes

Has anyone here actually experienced that? It sounds incredible.

• Like 1

Thanks again good bums! I will try the shaking practice, it seems like fun.

Has anyone here actually experienced that? It sounds incredible.

Yes. :) When the world is revealed to be as it truly is - revolving around you, along with everything else in an ecstatic dance, a heartbreaking rhythm soaking through the fabric of reality melting into a single taste at the tip of your tongue, it's pretty difficult not to drop your old paradigms and just enjoy. It's not like you have a choice at that point lol. Enjoy the journey, enjoy the fruits of labor and enjoy the mystery. Enjoy it all, that's my motto.

Yes you can turn off 'Kundalini' anamatava. Have a look at 'folie a deux' as per my previous post... then smell the coffee and begin to heal yourself. Should you choose to. Or carry on as you are. Whatever makes anyone happy.

But kundalini doesn't. Does it?

Symptoms of kundaini psychosis include...

Anger

Paranoia

Tremor

Visual Hallucination

Sound familiar?

Yes you can turn off 'Kundalini' anamatava. Have a look at 'folie a deux' as per my previous post... then smell the coffee and begin to heal yourself. Should you choose to. Or carry on as you are. Whatever makes anyone happy.

Anger

Paranoia

Tremor

Visual Hallucination

Sound familiar?

lol presumptuous much? heal myself of what? do you have any experience with kundalini? you sound like you've only read a wikipedia article.

yes kundalini makes people happy, but you would know that if you educated yourself on the subject. i dont suppose i will go on explaining it to you, since you seem to have everything you need in qigong, enough to deride other forms of life energy even! wow

there is more to the story than the tip of the iceberg that you think you know.

and what does shared psychosis have to do with kundalini anyway?

let me guess, you have no experience with this?

edit: you may benefit from looking into the difference between "kundalini" and "kundalini psychosis". And this forum will benefit from you not trying to give advice about things you don't know about. thanks and blessings

Edited by anamatva

Anger

Paranoia

Tremor

Visual Hallucination

Sound familiar?

Excuse me, but maybe you should read my quote from Seth Ananda about Kundalini to understand what Kundalini is about...

:glare:

Edit: Big problems with Kundalini can only develop if the individuum struggles (conscious or unconscious) against the evolution introduced by his Kundalini, if the individuum is scared of the Kundalini because he doesn't recognize it as his own inner force but thinks he is possessed by an outside force or something like that, if he thinks he is going mad, or if the Kundalini is going "the wrong way" as in Gopi Krishna's case (what's extremely rare).

Temporary problems that arise when the Kundalini does work on blockades in the individuum (may they be psychological or physiological) to FREE the individuum from them are normal and as I said temporary, if you don't resist the widening of your consciousness and understanding. Kundalini may even heal chronic deseases in that process. So, first of all, Kundalini is a your own inherent evolutionary good power, that created yourself and if there is one power in the whole universe that you can trust then it's your own kundalini. Everyone with an awakened kundalini should feel blessed because he is.

I asked our new friend first about his symptoms because I wanted to know if the kundalini is flowing around in his body freely already and that seems the case so I strongly doubt there still will be great problems arising in his case. :)

Edited by Dorian Black

Good post. Call it what you will, what you describe is a healthy cultivation.

There is a notable difference between what you describe and the rather strident, almost fearful misinterpretations presented by some posters.

Any cultivation which leads to disquiet,discomfort or psychotic episodes needs to be stopped immediately.

The Tantric/Chakra and on our side of the fence.. alchemical attract fragile personalities. Those who feel disempowered seek 'power'to make up for a felt lack be it in relationships,self regulation or other. Those forms are therefore often waymarks along a road of descent into deeppychosis. They can make fragile people worse. More ill than when they began.

Hence my words of caution. Beyond the counsel I have offered above; no professional teacher would jeopardise their practice or indemnity cover by attempting to teach or advise someone they suspect may have an underlying or praxis engendered mental health issue. Which at least one poster here clearly has. Our job in these cases is to advise cessation and direct the person towards qualified medical assistance, making a record that we have done so.

• Like 1

You - the Self - are the source of the energy. Without you there is no

energy. You are not this little body/mind instrument that perks up with the

influx of energy and wilts when the energy leaves. Kundalini is a very

fickle bitch. She is completely unfaithful and inconstant. One minute she is

seducing you and driving you wild with passion and the next minute she

abandons you without so much as a by-your-leave and you end up angry

and depressed. Aim for shanti, it beats shakti every time.

From Vedanta and Kundalini by James Swartz - full article here: -

www.shiningworld.com/top/images/stories/pub-pdfs/Articles/Vedanta_and_Kundalini.pdf