Kundanoobalini

Some questions regarding Kundalini Awakening

Yo Tao Bums!

It appears that I have awakened the Kundalini energy in myself by accident and this seems like a legit site to ask some questions.

It probably happened because I used binural beats for relaxation. Now I experience many symptoms that correspond with awakened kundalini.

Im just a "normal" guy who's completely ignorant when it comes to spiritual practices and enegy work. To be honest, I never belived any of it before. The awakening has opened my mind for other possibilities about the world, but im still a reasonable sceptic.

Anyway, from what I read on the net, the seemingly best way to deal with this awakening is to just "let go" and let the symptoms happen as they occur. I feel I have it under somewhat control, but as long as I cant turn it off completely im still a little worried.

In that regard I have some questions that I hope someone with personal experience can ansver.

Hopefully someone who's been trough the process.

1. How long did the kundalini process take for you?

2. Did you experience any negative symptoms or got any negative results?

3. Did you experience any positive symptoms or got any positive results?

4. Did the kundalini process really change your personality?

5. Was it difficult to balance kundalini awakening with everyday life?

6. What resources did you use to get trough it?

7. Finally, if given a choice, would you have done it again?

Sorry if these questions seems stupid or something, but as my nickname imply im a total newbie and want to know what im in for.

Im grateful if someone ansver any of these questions, I have searced the net but think there is a thin line between fact and fiction out there.

Peace out!

Sorry if these questions seems stupid or something, but as my nickname imply im a total newbie and want to know what im in for.

Be very very careful with kundalini awakening. I was hospitalled twice due to unrully kundalini awakening.

The world is a like a reality TV that I can switch channel to see different view of the same thing. I could make thing appear and disapear (only I could see the result unfortunately).

I'd suggest you to open your energy channel to ground you first before playing kundalini force.

Edited by hydrogen

Why are skeptics never skeptic about their own skepticism?

Welcome :)

Thanks! I can assure you that im sceptic of all my beliefs, including the sceptic ones!

Im coming from a strictly materialistic basis, but not locked into it.

Be very very careful with kundalini awakening. I was hospitalled twice due to unrully kundalini awakening.

The world is a like a reality TV that I can switch channel to see different view of the same thing. I could make thing appear and disapear (only I could see the result unfortunately).

I'd suggest you to open your energy channel to ground you first before playing kundalini force.

Not to be rude, but are you sure that making things appear\disappear - that only you could see - wasnt your mind playing tricks on you?

I am trying to be careful, thats why am asking these questions. I wasnt "playing around" with kundalini, it awakened unintenionally. Now I have to deal with it and hopefully not end up in a mental institution, though I got the impresson that's the rare cases? Or im I wrong? My mental and body health is first priority here. Thanks for the warning.

i recommend reading muktananda's "Play of Consciousness" and lilian silburns "Kundalini - Energy of the Depths"

if you really woke your kundalini up, read some of the threads here about it to get some idea of things. I recommend searching for "kundalini awakening" and "shaking practice" personally, but you'll get some ideas as you dig through the conversations here

theres been a lot said already, but in short and basic terms, there are some initial difficulties for most people, and some longterm effects that are pretty wonderful, to put it mildly.

Best wishes to you

i recommend reading muktananda's "Play of Consciousness" and lilian silburns "Kundalini - Energy of the Depths"

if you really woke your kundalini up, read some of the threads here about it to get some idea of things. I recommend searching for "kundalini awakening" and "shaking practice" personally, but you'll get some ideas as you dig through the conversations here

theres been a lot said already, but in short and basic terms, there are some initial difficulties for most people, and some longterm effects that are pretty wonderful, to put it mildly.

Best wishes to you

Thanks for that :)

I intend to read up some more knowledge about kundalini, though I find people's real experiences and results more usefull than theory.

I have checked out some threads here, lot's of interesting stuff. that's why I registered here.

Not to be rude, but are you sure that making things appear\disappear - that only you could see - wasnt your mind playing tricks on you?

By the same definition, then whatever you see is your mind playing tricks on you. One purpose of meditation is to "view" things correctly without the "trick".

One of the main theme in Buddha is emptyness. The "real" world you "see" is an illusion. That's the first step. The next is to influence other to "see" whatever you want them to "see". Jesus sure knew how to do it.

Edited by hydrogen

Pretty good site you have found. As you said, the integration starts in the body, but ultimately expands to integration with all existence. The energy just highlights your own issues/obstructions. If you can let them go, it is a wonderful experience, if not... Very difficult.

:)

Pretty good site you have found. As you said, the integration starts in the body, but ultimately expands to integration with all existence. The energy just highlights your own issues/obstructions. If you can let them go, it is a wonderful experience, if not... Very difficult.

Yes, I think that site gives a good general overview of the Kundalini mythology.

Have you went trough Kundalini awakening?

One thing im confused about is kundalini process vs the ego.

Is one supposed to supress personal desires, thoughts, wishes, traits, etc in order for this cosmic energy

to flow better in the energy body? I don't quite understand the purpose of this.

as the kundalini acts in the body, many people report (over the course of years) that the individual self and the cosmic Self merge, like a drop of water that is poured into the ocean and becomes one with it. The individual self is what people commonly mean by "ego" so i hope that answers your question.

suppressing thoughts and traits can be counterproductive. Be who you are... as Mark Griffin said, "don't be spiritual..... you'll look silly. Just be a person" ...just be yourself in a natural way, and as the light of the kundalini acts in your body energy and mind you will naturally evolve towards awakenment and liberation.

i think the best thing to do is just meditate every day, develop a spiritual practice based on Mark Griffin's Deepen Your Practice program, Swami Satyananda Saraswati or Sivananda's kundalini yoga, Yogi Bijhan's kundalini yoga classes, which can be found in a surprising number of places, or Glenn Morris' Kundalini Awakening Program, which a lot of people here can help you connect with. But establish a practice and work with raising and cycling that energy every day, it will help it not be so chaotic and spastic

Yes, I think that site gives a good general overview of the Kundalini mythology.

Have you went trough Kundalini awakening?

One thing im confused about is kundalini process vs the ego.

Is one supposed to supress personal desires, thoughts, wishes, traits, etc in order for this cosmic energy

to flow better in the energy body? I don't quite understand the purpose of this.

Yes, I have been going through the Kundalini process for a long time. But, rather than an "energy process", it is more that as obstructions are released, the energy flows more freely. The energy is always there, but one tends to notice it more easily as it "rubs up against" issues.

Suppression is avoidance and does not work. It is more about letting go. The key is staying focused in the moment. Focused in the moment one can "see" things like anger. The "ego" is more like an autopilot responding to the past or worrying about the future. Truly being in the present...things like desires, just naturally drop. The more you open and let go, the greater the energy.

• Like 1

as the kundalini acts in the body, many people report (over the course of years) that the individual self and the cosmic Self merge, like a drop of water that is poured into the ocean and becomes one with it. The individual self is what people commonly mean by "ego" so i hope that answers your question.

suppressing thoughts and traits can be counterproductive. Be who you are... as Mark Griffin said, "don't be spiritual..... you'll look silly. Just be a person" ...just be yourself in a natural way, and as the light of the kundalini acts in your body energy and mind you will naturally evolve towards awakenment and liberation.

i think the best thing to do is just meditate every day, develop a spiritual practice based on Mark Griffin's Deepen Your Practice program, Swami Satyananda Saraswati or Sivananda's kundalini yoga, Yogi Bijhan's kundalini yoga classes, which can be found in a surprising number of places, or Glenn Morris' Kundalini Awakening Program, which a lot of people here can help you connect with. But establish a practice and work with raising and cycling that energy every day, it will help it not be so chaotic and spastic

Great reply, thanks.

The merging with cosmic thing sounds a little woo-woo to me, I guess this has to be experienced to somewhat comprehend meaning of.

I tried asking the KAP-guys some questions by email but never got any response, don't how serious they are.

Yes, I have been going through the Kundalini process for a long time. But, rather than an "energy process", it is more that as obstructions are released, the energy flows more freely. The energy is always there, but one tends to notice it more easily as it "rubs up against" issues.

Suppression is avoidance and does not work. It is more about letting go. The key is staying focused in the moment. Focused in the moment one can "see" things like anger. The "ego" is more like an autopilot responding to the past or worrying about the future. Truly being in the present...things like desires, just naturally drop. The more you open and let go, the greater the energy.

Hmm, this sound like some Tolle stuff. I can agree about the "living in the moment" part and that one should not be bound by ego. However, I can't imagine living without an ego either, I truly belive that it's part of human nature to struggle for survival and supremacy, as that drives the whole life process itself further. I can't seem to place kundalini in the context of the seemingly indifferent mechanisms of evolution. Though as im experiencing it myself I cant deny it either, a littel scary, yet very fascinating at the same time. Thanks for your thoughts on the subject.

By the way, how long have you been experiencing Kundalini? Do you consider yourself "done" with it?

Great reply, thanks.

The merging with cosmic thing sounds a little woo-woo to me, I guess this has to be experienced to somewhat comprehend meaning of.

I tried asking the KAP-guys some questions by email but never got any response, don't how serious they are.

LOL i don't personally like to use the language of "cosmic" self or self with a capital S, which does sound woowoo from a certain point of view. Its just how a lot of yogic thought tends to put it, so i just adopt that language sometimes. Personally i would say that the idea of self as separate from anything else just gradually falls away and one is left with the experience of identifying with all-that-is (i am THAT) or with ones own suchness or buddha-nature, or with nothing at all, or with the dao, etc. It really depends upon one's indoctrination and practices what they will find when they leave their small idea of self behind, if you ask me. I lean towards the idea of not trying to label it myself, so all those words are only useful to a point then you have to leave them behind and just rest in the beauty of the moment, beyond discursive thoughts and labels/judgements etc. There are people from all paths and faiths who accomplish that, so its not really limited in a sectarian sense.

I had the same experience with KAP (asked some questions, got no response) i guess those guys are busy.

LOL i don't personally like to use the language of "cosmic" self or self with a capital S, which does sound woowoo from a certain point of view. Its just how a lot of yogic thought tends to put it, so i just adopt that language sometimes. Personally i would say that the idea of self as separate from anything else just gradually falls away and one is left with the experience of identifying with all-that-is (i am THAT) or with ones own suchness or buddha-nature, or with nothing at all, or with the dao, etc. It really depends upon one's indoctrination and practices what they will find when they leave their small idea of self behind, if you ask me. I lean towards the idea of not trying to label it myself, so all those words are only useful to a point then you have to leave them behind and just rest in the beauty of the moment, beyond discursive thoughts and labels/judgements etc. There are people from all paths and faiths who accomplish that, so its not really limited in a sectarian sense.

I had the same experience with KAP (asked some questions, got no response) i guess those guys are busy.

Thanks for elaborating :) I really appreciate you guys explaining your views and experiences on kundalini, as it is a really

mystical and heavy topic to grasp

Did you undergo an awakening yourself btw?

Thanks for elaborating :) I really appreciate you guys explaining your views and experiences on kundalini, as it is a really

mystical and heavy topic to grasp

Did you undergo an awakening yourself btw?

you're welcome.

yes my kundalini is alive and well :) i had a near death experience that jolted me awake almost 15 years ago, but didn't know til a short while ago much about kundalini or why i was having spontaneous jolts or mystical and psychic experiences. I just thought i was psychic and that went along with being crazy. So i am glad to help anyone who is dealing with that energy to figure out what is going on and try to manage it, since my experience was so completely chaotic and terrifying

Edited by anamatva

you're welcome.

yes my kundalini is alive and well :) i had a near death experience that jolted me awake almost 15 years ago, but didn't know til a short while ago much about kundalini or why i was having spontaneous jolts or mystical and psychic experiences. I just thought i was psychic and that went along with being crazy. So i am glad to help anyone who is dealing with that energy to figure out what is going on and try to manage it, since my experience was so completely chaotic and terrifying

Went along with being crazy... lol.

15 years, thats quite some time. I have experienced the symptoms for like 2 years and thought THAT was a long time.

So you are still undergoing the process? Are you letting the energy just run its course and do it's thing?

Hmm, this sound like some Tolle stuff. I can agree about the "living in the moment" part and that one should not be bound by ego. However, I can't imagine living without an ego either, I truly belive that it's part of human nature to struggle for survival and supremacy, as that drives the whole life process itself further. I can't seem to place kundalini in the context of the seemingly indifferent mechanisms of evolution. Though as im experiencing it myself I cant deny it either, a littel scary, yet very fascinating at the same time. Thanks for your thoughts on the subject.

By the way, how long have you been experiencing Kundalini? Do you consider yourself "done" with it?

I am not that familiar with Tolle's stuff, so I don't know how my comments compare. Also, on "ego death", it depends on how you define the ego. You still do things and make decisions, but there is increasingly less "ego prejudice". Less of things like irritation or anger clouding judgement. Make a decision and move forward, no real second guessing.

On length of time, it depends on how you define Kundalini and how you define "done". But, in general, the concept of "done" is a choice. I continue to be curious and watch the mystery unfold (so... No done for me...).

I am not that familiar with Tolle's stuff, so I don't know how my comments compare. Also, on "ego death", it depends on how you define the ego. You still do things and make decisions, but there is increasingly less "ego prejudice". Less of things like irritation or anger clouding judgement. Make a decision and move forward, no real second guessing.

On length of time, it depends on how you define Kundalini and how you define "done". But, in general, the concept of "done" is a choice. I continue to be curious and watch the mystery unfold (so... No done for me...).

That sounds good, irritation or anger is mostly useless. Though anger could be used to fuel motivation in some cases.

What I meant by "done" was occurence of physical and mental symptoms, kriyas, energy surges etc. Those are the factors that worry me a little after reading all the warnings and stories.

Went along with being crazy... lol.

15 years, thats quite some time. I have experienced the symptoms for like 2 years and thought THAT was a long time.

So you are still undergoing the process? Are you letting the energy just run its course and do it's thing?

it gets better lol

i still have kriyas when i do kuji-in meditation or any kundalini meditation, but it happens now more because i make a space for the kundalini to move on its own and just let go and shake it out, moreso than before, which was pretty much just kundalini having its way with me.

I had a strong darshan with it in my near death experience.. i was actually moments away from being completely absorbed in the light, it surrounded me in all directions, and i had put my arm into it up to the elbow and it crept up my arm and into my chest, so it wasn't like i just saw the light and that wakened me, which can happen. I was almost submerged in the light and it was very intense and beginning to unwind me. I am not sure but i believe that it might be because i touched it that i was able to extract myself from the bardo at the very last second before it had me. So in its absorptive intensity, im not sure it gets much more intense than that. Anyway, for one reason or another, i had a really strong blast of it, and i have had kriyas like you wouldn't believe. Nutty stuff, like i can relate to muktananda when he said his would shake his head around so bad he could see his back. And i still get some little tensions that let me know i better crack my back or my neck or K is gonna do it for me in a minute, so i don't think that goes away until I'm totally clear of obstructions. Til then, K is gonna clear me out.

I will say that meditating every day and having a dedicated shaking practice is the best thing from my point of view. Doing that stopped a lot of the spontaneous jolts, like falling asleep on the bus only to jump out of my skin and freak everyone out when K manifested... hahaha and its so nutty because i had no idea it was kundalini, which is what muktananda says, that when you have a story to tell yourself its all right, like he could see his back cause he looked like the little girl in the exorcist when K was having its way with him, but he was like "oh its kundalini, the divine mother, how awesome"... i was just like "oh a back spasm i must be insane" LOL!

so just do your best to manage the kriyas, they will stop when you're free, or when K decides to stop, but i hope for your sake that its when youre free ;):D

edit: i practice kuji-in every day which almost always gets deep and wild, and induce kriyas intentionally cause i've learned to love it. Its like an awesome tension is releasing... Mark Griffin says that the kundalini is actually dissolving samskaras (bits and bytes of karmic data) into nothingness and that the "blockage" that is cleared by the kriya is actually ones personal karma just getting "spooled off" unwinding instead of accumulating. So kriyas are wonderful, i know they are awkward and i hate having them like on the bus or something but it is the mothers intention for my life so i just bow to it. It is liberation. 15 years later, i have almost no blockages, when i woke my kundalini i was SO obstructed.. i was a different person.. almost dying was the best thing that ever happened to me, and the light of K has guided me to such healing and spiritual growth. So have a kriya... freak out... dont worry... As Mark says "once you get shaktipat all your problems are basically over, taking into consideration what real problems are... " lol

Edited by anamatva
  • Like 2