Sign in to follow this  
skydog

Balancing fierce hard discipline with letting go, surrender wu wei..

Ok ideas are forming.

Personally my ability to surrender let go, go with the flow have got exceptionally good in comparison to the COLD HARD DISCIPLINE....good to have both I guess.

I remember Alan Watts discussing this.

One lecture I think Zen and bones were he was discussing letting go but you cant let go completely otherwise you could become like a rag doll and just jump in the lake so you got to have a spine, a back bone.

Also another lecture he was talking about suzuki and one student asked suzuki "master how can we practice surrendering if we have to have set times to eat everyday and wake up at a certain time" I cant remember the response but it was something silly and funny possibly hitting with a stick.

I met Alan Watts years ago and not long before he left his body. Interesting chap,never really shook off his Theosophical roots bur sounded to be coming around to the Tao towards the end. His message varied dependent on which rich wife he was married to at the time and her interests. He turned Episcopalian priest for one of them. Nevertheless the books still sell.

Sinan this is intuitive so feel free to ignore it but one senses that you are a young fellow with jing almost coming out of his ears. Just maybe an external form cultivation would better scratch more of those itches.

Pa-Kau perhaps.

Interesting grandmaster P, yes I am a young man, I think I have a lot of jing or some blockages because retaining semen is something I struggle with nevertheless that sounds like a great reccomendation...I like the idea of being more confident defending yourself, as well as doing more exercise, dealing with "conflict" harmoniously, having something cool to do. Pa-Kau is baguazhang right? saw a few cool clips on it, I live in London not that close to east midlands so Hi my fellow englishman lol

There's a Pa-Kau Dojo in Stockwell. We lived in Streatham for eight years back in the 80s when I taught at Morley College.

We're only just over an hour on the train from you and ten mins walk from Leicester BR station. Pop up to the centre sometime and I'll show you how to bend wills. Gig info on website via my profile.

Depends who teaches it and how as to what it gets called but Pa-Kau tends to be a lot down and dirtier than Bagua.

Either way you get to know what those trigrams can really do.

Thanks gerard...I am somewhat familiar/doing these things but will do more I guess. Do Stillness movement many hours a day too.

What is IMA training?

Have been researching bagua or pakua seems very cool though

and thanks Grandmaster P interesting, yeah I will come up and see you sometime soon

Sign in to follow this