eye_of_the_storm

How is Taoism Relative to Bums?

Sorta a wise old grandfather to me.

Second relative would maybe be a second cousin by marriage. The cool one you enjoy seeing at family get togethers.

You sit on your bum and forget. You give money to a bum to be virtuous. You act like a bum because Lao Tzu said it's the way.

you can go to some Taoist temple or you can participate on the Tao bums , no?

there are folks on this forum who could start their own western version of Taoisim.

This site is brilliant.

thank you sean

• Like 1

bum 1 (bubreve.gifm)

n.

1. A tramp; a vagrant.

2. A lazy or shiftless person, especially one who seeks to live solely by the support of others.

3. An incompetent, insignificant, or obnoxious person: The batter called the pitcher a bum.

4. One who is devoted to a particular activity or milieu: a beach bum.

v. bummed, bum·ming, bums

v.intr.

1. To live by begging and scavenging from place to place. Often used with around.

2. To loaf.

v.tr.

1. To acquire by begging; cadge. See Synonyms at cadge.

2. Slang To depress, dishearten, or dismay. Often used with out.

adj.

1. Inferior; worthless: gave me bum advice; did a bum job of fixing the car.

2. Disabled; malfunctioning: a bum shoulder.

3. Unfavorable or unfair: got a bum deal on my final grade for the course.

4. Unpleasant; lousy: had a bum time at the party.

Idiom:

on the bum

1. Living as a vagrant or tramp.

2. Out of order; broken.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bum

What is there in a Name?

:)

I think names are very important in terms of vibration / frequency intent/meaning and feeling.

Dr Emoto and his experiments regarding water and conscious intention, words, thoughts show remarkable results regarding sound + intent.

I suppose this also funnily enough coincides with the... 'poverty is just a concept' thread and that being poor is spiritual in addition to humility (humiliation) ...

The more one can humiliate oneself the more spiritual they are?

So much for neutrality or balance...or middle path.

you call yourself an idiot? you must have some profound realization ;)

in truth you seem like quite an intelligent person... why play the fool?

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

:)

I think names are very important in terms of vibration / frequency intent/meaning and feeling.

Dr Emoto and his experiments regarding water and conscious intention, words, thoughts show remarkable results regarding sound + intent.

I suppose this also funnily enough coincides with the... 'poverty is just a concept' thread and that being poor is spiritual in addition to humility (humiliation) ...

The more one can humiliate oneself the more spiritual they are?

So much for neutrality or balance...or middle path.

you call yourself an idiot? you must have some profound realization ;)

in truth you seem like quite an intelligent person... why play the fool?

One will be humiliated if one chose to be humiliated.

I never start trouble.

When I was younger, I had walked into trouble to end trouble my way.

At times, allowing trouble to start knowing that I will end it.

Then I could see trouble brewing. And walked into that to defuse that trouble with words.

Now I see trouble, I walk away to smell roses elsewhere.

My choice to do what I believe the Tao brings me to do.

As is my choice in the handle that I use in Taoist forums, in the past, and at present, and into the future.

The Taoistic Idiot

I doubt if I would have written better if I append MasterSifu or HeWhoMustBeListenTo, or EarthyImmortal, Or SlayerOfHotAirWorm to my name.

Or If folks listen to me more should I have done so.

And since there are so many worthies here that I felt so insignificant to that strewn pearls left and right of them, I might as well claim this forum as the village to be the Idiot in. An entity very close to the Bum

Idiot on the Path

aka

Shanlung

山 龍

Mountain Dragon

http://shanlung.com/

hmm another misunderstanding no one said being poor is spiritual....just that the definition of poor or rich does not depend on money neccessarily.

Also going to India this year these ideas got burned away seeing all these beggars so called spiritual...is it spiritual to have to burden someone with your needs and make them feel guilty or bad, if they wernt begging often they were trying to scam you or overcharge you in business...whereas the people who had their own wealth seemed to talk to you just for the sake of chat or whatever, but I guess this has some element of conceptuality about it because different people value different things.

Edited by sinansencer

Also going to India this year these ideas got burned away seeing all these beggars so called spiritual...is it spiritual to have to burden someone with your needs and make them feel guilty or bad, if they wernt begging often they were trying to scam you or overcharge you in business...whereas the people who had their own wealth seemed to talk to you just for the sake of chat or whatever, but I guess this has some element of conceptuality about it because different people value different things.

I am speaking generally I suppose... not directly related to your thoughts in said thread.

addressing the idea of poverty and spiritually... which is prevalent no?

I guess I am making abstract connections :)

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

I doubt if I would have written better if I append MasterSifu or HeWhoMustBeListenTo, or EarthyImmortal, Or SlayerOfHotAirWorm to my name.

Or If folks listen to me more should I have done so.

And since there are so many worthies here that I felt so insignificant to that strewn pearls left and right of them, I might as well claim this forum as the village to be the Idiot in. An entity very close to the Bum

Idiot on the Path

aka

Shanlung

山 龍

Mountain Dragon

ahahaaha ^_^ hmmm perhaps

Maybe these are more aspirations however?

+ it is a bit of fun

Mountain Dragon :D I like!

Like Flying Phoniex Qigong!! Or White Tiger Kung Fu!!

Taoism is very aspirational I find + inspiring ^_^

ahahaaha ^_^ hmmm perhaps

Maybe these are more aspirations however?

+ it is a bit of fun

Mountain Dragon :D I like!

Like Flying Phoniex Qigong!! Or White Tiger Kung Fu!!

Taoism is very aspirational I find + inspiring ^_^

What aspirations do I want for now I am 62++?

How about maximizing my happiness and minimizing aggro to myself and anyone else.

And to eat when hungry

To drink when thirsty

And to fornicate when horny

Idiot lurching and reeling on the path

aka

Shanlung

山 龍

Mountain Dragon

Maximizing happiness is a tricky little bugger. I would suggest that defining 'happiness' is even more difficult than defining 'contentment'. So much variation between individuals!

By and large Taoists are a cheery crowd. Certainly in this part of the forest anyway.

Alchemists can be a bit intense but once they get their own space away from Mom n Dad and/or find a girlfriend or significant other then they tend to cheer up [and put away the alchemy books].

Happiness is like belief. It's a choice we make.

Smile Inwardly..........

We have a few Alchemic Taoists here as members. It is a very old tradition but I doubt it can be traced any further back than 300 BCE.

Each to his own says I.

We get the odd one turning up at the centre now and again but by and large they tend to be solitary coves. We've none as members.

Obsessive would be too strong a word but the types we used to write up on primary school reports back in my school teaching days as....

'Does not play well with others'.