skydog

The emotion of apathy (whats the point, who cares, I give up, no matter how hard I try it never works, I cant be bothered" Taoism

If everyone was apathetic then no one would be trying to fix the world and the people in it.

This would not be a bad thing.

If I ever need a god or goddess in my life for sure it would be Apathia - the goddess of Apathy. A greek goddess we don't hear much about any more.

If there can be a goddess then the god must be Procrastinatia, brother to Apathia.

Procrastinatia knows me very well, and one of these days, I might even build a temple for him.

Just do not hold your breath waiting for that

Idiotic Taoist

Hehehe. Okay Procrastinatia.

I'm actually surprised that so many people are interested in this topic and there have been so many posts to it.

I once commissioned a staue of Procrastinatia [The Boddhisatva of Manyana] from a fellow devotee who works as a wood carver.

I'm still waiting for it.

I once commissioned a staue of Procrastinatia [The Boddhisatva of Manyana] from a fellow devotee who works as a wood carver.

I'm still waiting for it.

Apparently your friend is afflicted as well.

We devotees view procrastination as a rank. Depending on how many months you put off doing something there's a belt. From First Not-Duan white belt [Doing it next month maybe] to Ninth Not-Duan black belt [Never doing it and not feeling in the least guilty].

Apropos Godesses/Bodhisatvas I have always thought Guan Shi Yin [Kuan Yin] rather nice. If folk must have a deity then one for benevolence and good luck along with prosperity seems much more palatable than the rather dour Xtian version.

All the Chinese take aways in town have a little statue of her facing the door.

Hehehe. I kinda' like the Happy Buddha with his big fat belly that looks like mine and the contented smile on his face.

My last wife bought me a round tuit but I lost it before a week was over. Then I lost her too. Oh well.

Oh dear. You got a round tutt. That's not the act of a devotee.

Sorry to hear about Mrs. M.

There was a first Mrs GrandmasterP. She possessed everything a man desires [moustache, tattoos, big muscles] Ten years of married bliss we enjoyed together. Trouble was we were married for twenty-five.

This second one is much easier on the eye plus she cultivates and can cook.

Oh dear. You got a round tutt. That's not the act of a devotee.

Sorry to hear about Mrs. M.

There was a first Mrs GrandmasterP. She possessed everything a man desires [moustache, tattoos, big muscles] Ten years of married bliss we enjoyed together. Trouble was we were married for twenty-five.

This second one is much easier on the eye plus she cultivates and can cook.

Hehehe. It's really not that big but it is bigger than I would like it to be. Some changes to my diet are forthcoming soon so I can get rid of some of it. (Actually I am only four pounds over my maximum ideal weight, it is just that there is weight around the mid-section that I would like to be someplace else.)

No sorry about my loss. It allowed me a much more peaceful life.

Hehehe. I was almost ready for you to say ten years of bliss with different partners.

Yes, it helps if a woman can cook. Most men cannot.

I guess Miss Apathia got lost again. Too bad.

I cannot cook for sure. Porridge is about my limit of culinary expertise. Dream of being just four pounds overweight. According to doc at five foot ten I should be thirteen and a half stone [one stone is 14 pounds] but apart from having malaria and dropping nearly two stone for nine months in hell I have been fourteen stone ten since I was thirty.

Are you a veggie M?

Yep I know.

Off Topic.

Sorry.

Will try to create a thread in the basement once I can work ot how.

Maybe call it

'Two old geezers chatting over a virtual garden fence'

;-)

I cannot cook for sure. Porridge is about my limit of culinary expertise. Dream of being just four pounds overweight. According to doc at five foot ten I should be thirteen and a half stone [one stone is 14 pounds] but apart from having malaria and dropping nearly two stone for nine months in hell I have been fourteen stone ten since I was thirty.

Are you a veggie M?

Yes, any disease will cause our body to differently. Some might lose and some might gain weight. I am fortunate in that my only problem is my now healed broken hip. During recovery I put on the excess weight (over twenty pounds) and it all went to areas I didn't need it (my butt and mid-section).

Walking used to help keep me fit but because of the pain and discomfort of walking I really don't do that anymore except moving around my property and going out shopping.

No, I'm not a vegan although after reaching fifty years I have almost totally elimanated mammal meat from my diet. Foul and fish are still a part of my diet as I believe we do need the protien for a healthy life. (I love and eat lots of cheeses too.)

I don't drink alcohol or use drugs although I do enjoy a glass of (low alcohol, less than 8%) red wine now and again.

Yep I know.

Off Topic.

Sorry.

Will try to create a thread in the basement once I can work ot how.

Maybe call it

'Two old geezers chatting over a virtual garden fence'

;-)

Hehehe. Love it!!!

So you got the round tuit lost... and just did not get around to it... to go find where the round tuit ended up... it happens...

Yep.

Guest RBSA

Why do we post such long replies anyway ? Politics never did something .

Q: How can you tell if a politician is lying?

A: Her lips are moving.

Q: What do you call a coach-load of politicians slowly sinking to the bottom of the ocean?

A: A good start.

All hail Discordia! ;)

I know a husband/wife couple who are Discordians. Nice folks. Haven't spoke with the husband lately but we have had some really great discussions.

How can one comprehend the Tao without integrating their experience of it?

Excellent question! Without the experiences I think your question is unanswerable.