mike 134

why is my heart still burning?

Hey guys.

I'm wondering if anybody can figure this out. I am suffering from a bad year long+ spontaneous kundalini illness which really f---ed me in many ways, but for the last 2 months or so I've been feeling better and finally getting some rest. Agitation and racing thoughts mostly went away and my twitching/buzzing is down, although my ears still ring and I still have heat here and there. All spontaneous alterations in consiousness, like OBE's and psychedelic experiences, disappeared entirely. Even my lucid dreams, which I've had since I was a kid, well before kundalini sickness, are gone.

But I'm still having problems with my chest/heart. Its been burning like hell for the last 4 months. It happens mostly at night starting around 8 PM and it lasts for a couple of hours before disappearing early in the morning. Yes, its physical heat, not heartburn or gastric reflux, and I have no medical problems. Sometimes it coalesces with the heat in my lower back and even goes to my neck, forming a continuous sheet or rod of heat in my torso.

What is the significance of this??? What exactly is that heat DOING there in my heart/chest?

I don't think its trying to go up because a few months ago it already pushed upward past the heart and into my neck and then head; this event was accompanied by an instant but temporary personality change. For now, I know its not affecting my cardiovascular function/endurance. I still run and train at the same speed and intensity as before. But heat is bad for cardiac myocytes, so I want to get rid of it soon if possible. I have tried "thinking" about the heat going downward into my pelvis, but that has never worked. I never dare think about it going upward to my head cause I know this will cause really bad problems.

What can I do about this? If I can get rid of that heat and my pressure headaches then I'll basically be back to normal, more or less. Thanks!!

I found acupuncture helped with ALL of the kundalini stuff. BUT, best to rule out actual organic issues. At one point, I had such crazy heart palpitations and irregular beats that I went to see a cardiologist. Nothing (except he tried to rip me off, but that's a different story:-))

Glad to hear you're feeling better apart from that.

Maybe lay down directly on earth for half an hour a day. That can sometimes get rid of inner inflammatory issues...but it might not work.

I agree with turtle shell.

This is also why I previously reccomended spontaneous movements.

Your body knows how to heal, this paradigm may worry a scientifically conditioned mind, but if you move your body one way, or a different way something is being healed, eg reflexology or accpuncture or accupressure, many times ive just lied on the grass front first..

K- Thanks for your comments. No, I don't have organic medical problems I'm physically okay, no heart disease. I get tons of aerobic exercise daily in the gym and my heart doesn't skip any beats, and I'm never short of breath unless if I'm doing like 15+ METS. And its not reflux/GERD either. I tried accupuncture for a while but did not find it useful. I went there for several weeks twice a week and they even did some crazy weird suction cup thingy that scared the s--- out of me. I don't believe in that stuff anymore, if I ever did in the first place.

TS- I tried that grounding earth stuff too but that didn't do a thing either. The only thing I found that can influence heat is thinking about it. I discovered that if I think and concentrate on a body part, I can usually warm it up, but I can't cool down something that's already warm.

Sin- errr... wouldn't sweating it out in the gym be at least as effective? I move a lot when I'm running and biking and its pretty jarring. I cross train and I vary the intensity too, so its not just constant movements.

BTW the heat is not inflammatory in nature. Inflammation, unless if its really severe, will respond at least somewhat to aspirin or NSAID's like ibuprofen. I remember a few months back when the heat was REALLY bad, especially the top of my head; it was like somebody torching it with a Bunsen burner or a laser. So I tried those medicines, but they didn't touch it at all. I suspect the heat is of endocrine origin, perhaps some kind of neuro-endocrine dysfunction. Which of course begs the question, WHY is it doing that??? What's the heat doing? Is there any purpose to it or is it just like another crappy symptom?

err... its cooling down here I get plenty of cool air :)

Edited by mike 134

This happened to me. I literally felt like someone had lit a fire inside my chest. No pain at all, just heat and then worrying if I was going to spontaneously combust.

My advice to take with a grain of salt like always, learn to enjoy it and surrender to it completely.

Hi stimpy how long did it take for that to go away? I've had it for 4 months already with no signs of improvement. Its interesting you call it "fire in my chest." I used the exact same words in a post a long time ago. Did you have other symptoms after it went away or did you heal after that?

One thing I'm deathly afraid of is the heat spilling back to my head again. Not only does that cause bad headaches but it also brings nasty psychological problems along with it. I'll gladly take the heat in the chest if that means it stays away from my head. Stay OUT of my head !!!!

Hey guys.

I'm wondering if anybody can figure this out. I am suffering from a bad year long+ spontaneous kundalini illness which really f---ed me in many ways, but for the last 2 months or so I've been feeling better and finally getting some rest. Agitation and racing thoughts mostly went away and my twitching/buzzing is down, although my ears still ring and I still have heat here and there. All spontaneous alterations in consiousness, like OBE's and psychedelic experiences, disappeared entirely. Even my lucid dreams, which I've had since I was a kid, well before kundalini sickness, are gone.

But I'm still having problems with my chest/heart. Its been burning like hell for the last 4 months. It happens mostly at night starting around 8 PM and it lasts for a couple of hours before disappearing early in the morning. Yes, its physical heat, not heartburn or gastric reflux, and I have no medical problems. Sometimes it coalesces with the heat in my lower back and even goes to my neck, forming a continuous sheet or rod of heat in my torso.

What is the significance of this??? What exactly is that heat DOING there in my heart/chest?

I don't think its trying to go up because a few months ago it already pushed upward past the heart and into my neck and then head; this event was accompanied by an instant but temporary personality change. For now, I know its not affecting my cardiovascular function/endurance. I still run and train at the same speed and intensity as before. But heat is bad for cardiac myocytes, so I want to get rid of it soon if possible. I have tried "thinking" about the heat going downward into my pelvis, but that has never worked. I never dare think about it going upward to my head cause I know this will cause really bad problems.

What can I do about this? If I can get rid of that heat and my pressure headaches then I'll basically be back to normal, more or less. Thanks!!

Stop running. Stand in preparation form (taiji) a lot. Dont think too much...breath and eat grounding food....

Pressure headaches happened to me when i started doing a special kind of yoga. My teacher told me to take it slow and practice simple asanas regularly. As the channels opened up, the pressure headaches stopped...

I get heat in my middle dan tien during certain type of meditation...where i'm focussng on the middle dt. If you do qi related stuff, you have to ground....drain the heavy stuff, store light stuff in your ldt.

Hi stimpy how long did it take for that to go away? I've had it for 4 months already with no signs of improvement. Its interesting you call it "fire in my chest." I used the exact same words in a post a long time ago. Did you have other symptoms after it went away or did you heal after that?

One thing I'm deathly afraid of is the heat spilling back to my head again. Not only does that cause bad headaches but it also brings nasty psychological problems along with it. I'll gladly take the heat in the chest if that means it stays away from my head. Stay OUT of my head !!!!

Yes it came into my head too. It felt like acid was being washed around my head. Again, no pain, just weird sensations.

My chest at longest went for a week only. But there were a few episodes of this happening.

I don't pretend to know what it is, but I wanted to share this experience with you to help you.

It was at a point in my life that I didn't care if I was completely burnt up in flames. In fact, sometimes I welcomed it.

The only word I have to say is 'surrender'

• Like 1

I had problem just like that for 1 day, then next day I woke up it felt like there was a cone of fire comming out of my hearth.

After some time the fire was "emptied" and the problem ceased to be.

No idea how that info can help you :D

Maybe try to "let go" of the fire?

maybe trying to keep energy in dan tien instead of places where your body finds it difficult to handle, calms me down keeping a very relaxed playful awareness on the stomach/belly area.

There was a post about bringing down energy here: http://thetaobums.com/topic/22555-energy-pressure-in-head/#entry322184

According to the story, Hakuin Zenji learned this (and other methods) from a Taoist cave hermit named Hakuyu, who he sought out in the mountains of Japan to help him cure his 'zen sickness'.

Hakuyu had only 3 books in his possession. The Daodejing, Doctrine Of The Mean, and the Diamond Sutra.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It does sound like a very good method. Personally, I don't suffer from any of these symptoms but it could be a variation, and possibly easier to practice, than the water method.

Not allowing any sickness to arise in the first place, has got to be better than trying to get rid of it, when it happens through malpractice.

i experienced this until i stopped eating transfats/things that say "hydrogenated" in the ingredients, and it comes back whenever i do. It was especially bad while doing heart focus meditations