Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

Friend me please!

It seems like lately a lot have people have been suffering from loneliness on this site and because they are lonely, they seem to think that making friends will solve that problem. My question is whether or not the number of friends you have actually effects the quality of your life? For instance, if I suddenly make a lot of friends, will my life somehow change and be better, or perhaps the quality of my life is not dependent on friendship, but rather something else. The only way for me to prove this is if I become friends with a great number of people and then compare the quality of my life now to the quality of my life then. With that in mind I ask everyone who is interested in the pursuit of scientific inquiry to friend me. I will present my results in one week. Thank you.

Aaron

I think we may already be friends on here, Aaron...but to "friend" someone on a forum is almost pointless in comparison to hanging out and perhaps having a deep conversation, or doing something cool together, in person. That type of thing is what creates real friends, and gets rid of loneliness.

• Like 2

I checked Aaron, and I'm your friend on TTB's. And if you remember, I've also been 'friendly' in 'offline' and very 'practical' terms in the past. Go Check out Danah Boyd for her research on social media and there have been a few others about this 'friending' stuff that have been done.

So what's up? Why the current 'experiment'?

And I should also apologies to Scott in this respect, so thanks for bringing it up:-)

I am open to friending, if it doesn't work out we are adults and we can deal with it like that. I am quite easy to get along with though.

Funny story on "Facebook friending."

I know someone who is a III (third). He has no desire to be on FB. His father is a Jr. (junior). Who has a FB account. Father and son both have dreadlocks. Father and son both play guitar. The FB pic of the father is of him with his head down, playing the guitar, dreads partially covering his face. Well, guess what. When the father received friend requests from women much younger than him, that he didn't know, he didn't bother to question the women about the requests. He simply "friended" them! Sooner or later his son found out and simply chuckled about it all... :P

Now Aaron, how would you categorize this type of virtual (mistaken) friendship? :)

Hmm... well so long as the father doesn't find out, I'd say it's an ego building friendship.

Aaron

"As above, so below"

And so it is written, the bunny rabbits shall rise up and take from the predators all the carrots! They shall bare their teeth with cute and cuddly rage and exact revenge upon all those who ate them indiscriminately. And wherever they go, not a single carrot shall find peace or happiness, for it is the carrots that orchestrated the hunting of the bunnies and the bunnies know this all too well.

Aaron

I am open to friending, if it doesn't work out we are adults and we can deal with it like that. I am quite easy to get along with though.

You can never have too many friends, or at least that's my thesis.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron

Sign in to follow this