Sign in to follow this  
Diamond Spectrum

Energetic Qualities of Amber

Seeking forum members advice and experiences with amber. I have never worked with it. I understand it will hold a static charge. Fascinating that a number of things can be suspended in amber including ancient bugs, plants and even water?

Taoists associate amber with the Tiger energy and ascribe the same properties to both:

protector against evil spirits, a fierce fighter of demons, spiritual, psychic, in communication with other dimensions, preserver of the memories of Earth, alchemist's ally. Amber is considered to have the tiger's soul.

Many medicinal properties. Powdered amber stirred into wine is a tonic. An amber necklace worn continuously alleviates or even cures thyroid disorders.

As for the bugs stuck in it -- I have a couple of specimens (from the Baltic shore) and it really freaks me out to know that those bugs are 70 million years old. Which they are. Completely intact. And not even all that different from our modern ones. One is an ant, the other one is a mosquito, very easy to identify.

Sign in to follow this