dc9

I want bliss really badly. What is the quickest path to my goal?

My mind is burdened by anxiety and expectations, impatience and frustration. I have a very skeptical and guarded mind that's full of doubt. What can I do? I just can't help it. I can't live in the present and just experience, I'm always thinking of the future and craving for something more.

i want constant, full body, orgasmic bliss. I read about the kundalini awakening, which is basically the awareness of the energy that's flowing through me, i think. and I read about sahaja yoga, which can easily awaken kundalini. I am considering giving that a try. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

I also read the multi orgasmic man book, and I will give those practices another chance.. I have already tried them and when they didn't work, i just got impatient and gave up.

If I could just have a taste of bliss, maybe i will be more motivated to keep trying. Right now i'm thinking that sahaja is the key to my journey..

what makes you feel these things? What is the root of your problems? It's good that you realized you have some problems... now identify the cause of the problems before adopting the necessary disciplines to transmute them. If you don't know why, that should be the first practice you start - constant, daily self-inquiry. What's really holding you back?

• Like 2

The book in my signature is my preferred method. I don't think anything else is needed, and in fact, many things can have the opposite effect of what you are after.

why I have these problems? i don't know, that's just my personality. I'm restless. I'm impatient. I'm skeptical. Undisciplined.

Do you know what i'm talking about, when I speak of bliss? I've read about bliss, how the body/mind could reach heights that I can't fathom right now. If I could just have that, then my life would be so much better.. i don't want mere happiness or peacefulness. I want bliss.

You could start by deleting all your 'burdening' and 'craving' experiences.

Pursuing states of mind is just more clinging and attachment, which leads to more of the same.

• Like 3

why I have these problems? i don't know, that's just my personality. I'm restless. I'm impatient. I'm skeptical. Undisciplined.

Do you know what i'm talking about, when I speak of bliss? I've read about bliss, how the body/mind could reach heights that I can't fathom right now. If I could just have that, then my life would be so much better.. i don't want mere happiness or peacefulness. I want bliss.

:) If you don't know, how can you say with such certainty that those things are really part of your personality and not just burdens caused by negative past experiences? Bliss without peace of body-mind doesn't last forever. Start with the basics - mindfulness, breathing, self-inquiry, and learn to live life through the heart.

• Like 3

As soon as you relax this grasping ,

Space is there - open, inviting and joyful.

Make use of it.

All is yours already.

Do not search any further.

Do not enter the impenetrable jungle

To search for the elephant

That is already quietly at home.

Nothing to do,

Nothing to force,

Nothing to wish for -

And everything happens by itself.

Gendun Rinpoche

A mind thus burdened and displaced by anxiety, frustration, grasping, doubts and desires... how could such a mind ever enter deep bliss?

Perhaps the initial wise thing to do would be to make peace with your 'inner tormentors' first, like, maybe turn them into your allies in order to create some kind of congruency so that your quest for bliss can gradually take meaning, shape and eventually form?

There are always... always, a requirement to attend to the basics, without which, even if bliss were to descend now upon you, it will not be sustenance, only escape.

When certain major aspects of your inner mind/self and outer environment are in accord, then bliss will be your reward, the fruit of every worthwhile labor. Thence, instead of desiring bliss, why not first seek to bring peace into your life?

• Like 1

wow, you sound a lot like me - restless, impatient, skeptical, undisciplined. after training in the martial arts for a while I got disciplined - and then I got into zhan zhaung standing - now I'm not so impatient and not so restless. Standing hasn't really affected me that much, but it seems like it makes the rest of the world a whole lot better.

<smile>

I think skeptical is good.

Bliss, yeah, its out there. I've been there a few times.

FWIW, bliss doesn't really change anything - if anything it makes the contrast with the rest of your life worse - its all the other stuff people are suggesting that change things. No matter where you are, you are only one step from being on the path.

There is an old song "everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Its like that.

• Like 1

I suspect you'll have to give up some skepticism and all of your impatience to get there.

You have to look at several paths (your skepticism can help here) then surrender to it, letting go of impatience and your goal and walk its path.

These days I'm reading Ajahn Brahm's 'Mindfulness, Bliss and Beyond, A meditator's Handbook', he also has many audio lectures available here http://diydharma.org/search/node/ajahn%20brahm. He's a pretty savvy teacher, who makes it clear that bliss states are not so far away. You could do worse then listening to a few of them.

• Like 1

When i was in San Francisco i heard a wonderful term for people who didn't want to buckle down and abide in the present moment, but were always chasing bliss or some sort of spiritual ecstasy. They are called "bliss ninnies" lol and i think that is the most fabulous name for them.

Not that i have anything against bliss mind you, i'm fond of it, but if you think you're going to get shaktipat and then live in a state of orgasmic spiritual ecstasy, and everything about "you" will be better, you're in for a surprise. There is no escape from the discipline that is needed to subdue the wild mind and afflictive emotions. Even if you manage to attain a state of bliss, without the discipline and letting-go it takes to sustain that state, it will just be a fleeting tease, and all your later moments will probably be spent trying to return to that state, instead of living in the present moment, where reality really is (regardless of whether youre blissed out or not.)

So don't be a bliss ninny. The very things you want to escape from into bliss, like discipline and responsibility, are the very things you will need in spades if you ever hope to tame your mind enough to sustain your bliss states, ironically. Shaktipat can cause years of tension and pain while you learn to work through your issues and live in the present moment, all before ever experiencing the bliss of kundalini in any kind of way like you are dreaming about.. the constant full body orgasmic bliss is something that people can achieve in jhana states and trance ecstasy, but tends not to be constant.

I suggest meditation and yoga, discipline and regimen... and stay away from yogani and AYP lol... a search here for the posts by Tibetan_Ice about his experiences with them will reveal the other side of that coin.

I have never heard of an actual easy way out, the closest i have heard to it is shaktipat, which can bring about an awful lot of work and misery. There was a post on this forum a while back from someone whose kundalini awoke and all he wanted to do was shut it off cause he kept having tension and kriyas!! he didn't like it at all.

good luck

• Like 6

well, can you guys tell me your thoughts on instant kundalini awakening through a guru or a specific practice? I'm planning to go to a sahaja meditation group soon, and their practice involves awakening kundalini as the first thing you do before you do anything else with them.

i really don't want to spend 2+ years working on my discipline before i get what i want...

edit: well, i see skygazer basically answered this post after googling that Shaktipat is another word for what i'm talking about. thanks, i will consider your advice, but the pain/torment or wahtever you say it'll bring doesn't bother me at all. I just want a quick route, even if it'll lead to some misery here and there. That's worth it if it means i don't need to train for years, because i don't have that kind of patience and i'll just give up in a month, knowing myself.

Edited by dc9

Shaktipat can cause years of tension and pain while you learn to work through your issues and live in the present moment, all before ever experiencing the bliss of kundalini in any kind of way like you are dreaming about
  • Like 1

well, can you guys tell me your thoughts on instant kundalini awakening through a guru or a specific practice? I'm planning to go to a sahaja meditation group soon, and their practice involves awakening kundalini as the first thing you do before you do anything else with them.

i really don't want to spend 2+ years working on my discipline before i get what i want...

edit: well, i see skygazer basically answered this post after googling that Shaktipat is another word for what i'm talking about. thanks, i will consider your advice, but the pain/torment or wahtever you say it'll bring doesn't bother me at all. I just want a quick route, even if it'll lead to some misery here and there. That's worth it if it means i don't need to train for years, because i don't have that kind of patience and i'll just give up in a month, knowing myself.

It's not 'instant kundalini awakening'. It's arousal which may lead to an awakening at 'some point'. It's like rubbing a stick about a deadly goddess, using the friction to to try light the wood on fire. Shaktipat is having someone set you on fire right away. The fire will eventually go out, but the embers will remain hot. You will still have to cultivate it yourself, there are no expedient means that do not require patience and discipline.

You've only read about kundalini. You haven't experienced her. You are not being realistic, here - you have no experience weathering hurricanes, and you are wanting to eat a lightning bolt 'right away', with no foundation to insulate the shock.

• Like 3

It's sort of funny, you want to learn by epiphany, but asking questions using goals and techniques are tools for deduction. Shaktipat might work, but I am skeptical of at least most who peddle it. Skepticism is quite enjoyable, even blissful. Maybe you should be more skeptical, no one is blissed out always, that's silly, none of the paths will work. Just relax, don't expect so much, quit trying, accept whatever happens, be more relaxed.

Edited by zanshin
  • Like 3

i've taken large amounts of pshcedelic drugs while in a state of depression and sadness, and experienced fear that most people wouldn't feel in everyday life. Truly thinking i was going to die while in a state of timelessness and confusion.. and when the trip was over, i looked back at the experience and didn't feel traumatized at all, but was just glad i got to experience something i never would if I didn't take the drug otherwise.

so I don't care about pain, my pain tolerance is very high. I just have no discipline and patience, and i'm skeptical, but the thing is...if I could even experience pain just from a simple meditation? That'll be proof that there's something more to the world than I currently know, and it'll be fuel for my motivation.

So i'm going to go to their meeting.. and I hope I experience SOMETHING. what I fear most is i'll experience nothing, and i'll be back at square one. Or perhaps i'll give up on this pursuit for some higher mental state, and go back to my life of indulgence and misery and materialism.

My mind is burdened by anxiety and expectations, impatience and frustration. I have a very skeptical and guarded mind that's full of doubt. What can I do? I just can't help it. I can't live in the present and just experience, I'm always thinking of the future and craving for something more.

i want constant, full body, orgasmic bliss. I read about the kundalini awakening, which is basically the awareness of the energy that's flowing through me, i think. and I read about sahaja yoga, which can easily awaken kundalini. I am considering giving that a try. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

I also read the multi orgasmic man book, and I will give those practices another chance.. I have already tried them and when they didn't work, i just got impatient and gave up.

If I could just have a taste of bliss, maybe i will be more motivated to keep trying. Right now i'm thinking that sahaja is the key to my journey..

The Bliss of Inner Fire - Lama Yeshe. I think of myself as a white belt in meditation, and I even got his techniques to work - after stripping them to bare bones.(Taking out the extra compassion junk and just using the visualizations that make the heat and bliss)