Sign in to follow this  
Leidee

Wu Tang Physical Culture Association

Anyone heard of or trained at this centre?

I am going to be travelling to NY from the land down under towards the mid/end of 2007. I have been emailing Tina Zhang about learning her tai chi fan form but I see the centre also offers various different training options. I am particularly interested in the Earth Energy Qi Gong for women, too.

Cheers

Leidee

I am going to be travelling to NY from the land down under towards the mid/end of 2007. I have been emailing Tina Zhang about learning her tai chi fan form but I see the centre also offers various different training options. I am particularly interested in the Earth Energy Qi Gong for women, too.

Cheers

Leidee

I live near there and stopped in for a class or two with Frank Allen a few years ago. He's a good guy, quirky, and seems to know his stuff. I got involved in another path and never went back, but that had nothing to do with the quality of what I saw there.

I think they teach a lot of Kumar Frantzis stuff.

I don't know anything about Tina Zhang or the Earth Energy Qi Gong.

My general impression is that they are genuine, sincere and know what they're doing.

Be warned though if you're coming from sunny, open spaces Australia. Classes are likely to be in cold basements and gritty NYC lofts. Nothing pretty about that school when I saw it a few years back.

Cheers

Leidee

I circle-walked under Frank's eye for a few months MANY years back. I have nothing but respect for the man.

-Plato

Thank you both for the info :)

Spyrelx - I have seen a few pictures and Tina and Frank doing tai chi on a roof top and, admittedly, the first thing that occured to me was - dirty, dirty air, squished in places - these things will definitely be a challenge!

Thanks again.

Leidee

Thank you both for the info :)

Spyrelx - I have seen a few pictures and Tina and Frank doing tai chi on a roof top and, admittedly, the first thing that occured to me was - dirty, dirty air, squished in places - these things will definitely be a challenge!

Thanks again.

Leidee

The air quality here is really not that bad, it's alot worse in most cities. You'll have a great time here!

T

The air quality here is really not that bad, it's alot worse in most cities. You'll have a great time here!

T

I agree with Thad. One of the best cities on the planet.

Guest Mango Tart

I live near there and stopped in for a class or two with Frank Allen a few years ago. He's a good guy, quirky, and seems to know his stuff. I got involved in another path and never went back, but that had nothing to do with the quality of what I saw there.

I think they teach a lot of Kumar Frantzis stuff.

I don't know anything about Tina Zhang or the Earth Energy Qi Gong.

My general impression is that they are genuine, sincere and know what they're doing.

Be warned though if you're coming from sunny, open spaces Australia. Classes are likely to be in cold basements and gritty NYC lofts. Nothing pretty about that school when I saw it a few years back.

Tina Zhang has a very good lineage and my medical clairvoyant tested her Three Treasures Qigong and he found it to do some specialized things in the solar plexus chakra region for energy which will really be good for health. So much so that he found this method tested better than the other 2 qigong methods that he found to be very poweful and healthy for me recently. So I will soon be doing The Three Treasures as soon as the DVD arrives. She has a really graceful dvd clip of her doing some of the Three Treasures Qigong. And reading about Frank, he is a pioneer in energy art.

happy I saw this thread. I had come across Tina Zhang online before during some past researches, but as this thread brought to my attention the locale the stars aligned (or is it, heaven, earth, and humans aligned?).

I had the pleasure of attending a class today. Unf no time for more :( But I was excited that we practiced bagua qigong using common 8 palms circle walking, millstone grinding, and other gentle qigong. If I lived nearby Id get into this school. Very similar to my practice with the Tristar school on the west coast.

Wonderful to deepen and broaden my understanding through crosspollination of styles!! And I learned a thing or two, not the leastbeing the trigram associated with each standard bagua palm. Will come in useful in future practice. Might get a copy of that book too for reference material. Lol mymartial arts book shelf may soon become its own bookcase :P

8)

Edited by Astral Monk

Sign in to follow this