thetaoiseasy

What do you want out of your practice?

I had cultivated because I wanted to achieve something 'beyond' before, but now I do it because I enjoy gardening and all sorts of flowers. The utility of the lotus is truly something to behold.

• Like 2

These days I don't know. Which is probably a bad sign. I was aiming for 'enlightenment' but apparently I'm in my own way at present. So, I'll take some lesser stuff, like being less stressed out. Maybe I'll come around and maybe I won't.

• Like 1

Cultivation and growing as an individual is the only thing that ever really tickled my fancy. It was what was natural for me to do. However, that's not to say it is not often painful and challenging.

-My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

Without minimalizing the state of consciousness that practice induces, including the external influences you describe (living in the mountains)...

It stands to reason the preexisting CONDITION of (wo)man is the reason why practice transforms consciousness regardless of the external influences which surround the practitioner.

• Like 1

I would like a large peperoni pizza with cheese and olives and a large cola and another large cola cuz I'm thirsty

• Like 2

Why do tao-bummers like the pepperoni pizza so much? Can people learn to like it? Is it just a born preference?

I would like a large peperoni pizza with cheese and olives and a large cola and another large cola cuz I'm thirsty

I'm a bit too dense to understand what you are saying. Could you explain?

Without minimalizing the state of consciousness that practice induces, including the external influences you describe (living in the mountains)...

It stands to reason the preexisting CONDITION of (wo)man is the reason why practice transforms consciousness regardless of the external influences which surround the practitioner.

Edited by thetaoiseasy
  • Like 1

I practice with the intention of eventually competing in the UFC to prove that there's more to Martial Arts than external power.

I got a Horsey stance with deep roots. Good luck taking me down with your pathetic Jiu Jitsu. :lol:

• Like 3

Recently, my son was supposed to answer a question for health class about why you should exercise. Of course the canned response expected was fitness, strong muscles, weight control... He answered- Because it's fun. So I'll go with that for cultivation too.

I think looking always for goals and acheivements can suck the enjoyment out of life. Cultivation is fun, awareness and connection to my body and environment enhances life right now, so does compassion. I would like to cultivate better tomato plants next year though, hopefully I can bring diligent attention to this goal.

• Like 2

I cultivate because I want to know the truth (I don't know what the truth is yet, so in that sense not sure what i'm looking for) and to help me to become a better functioning and more complete person.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I cultivate because I want to know the truth (I don't know what the truth is yet, so in that sense not sure what i'm looking for) and to help me to become a better functioning and more complete person.

Thanks.

Your looking for the truth :-) because you want to know the truth... and when you know the truth, you will know the truth to be the truth... enjoy the preparation, the journey, the destination, and the stories told throughout it all...

• Like 1

Your looking for the truth :-) because you want to know the truth... and when you know the truth, you will know the truth to be the truth... enjoy the preparation, the journey, the destination, and the stories told throughout it all...

Thanks! :) been quite a journey already with a lot of setbacks haha All the best in your quest also mate!

Peae

• Like 1

'setbacks' are just challenges on the way... they can make for the funniest of stories... and can turn into crucial detours that get you where you need to be at the proper timing... indeed the best in your quest too...

The Sufis have a nice way of putting that sums it up for me. `To be in the world but not of the world.'

I have always loved this saying, 'to be in the world, but not of it' I didn't know it was a sufi saying, thank you Clarity!

∞Nelida

I have always loved this saying, 'to be in the world, but not of it' I didn't know it was a sufi saying, thank you Clarity!

∞Nelida

I think that instead of seeking a way out of this place to resolve the problems we better get to fixing what needs fixing in the place...

I think that instead of seeking a way out of this place to resolve the problems we better get to fixing what needs fixing in the place...

Do you think that quote encourages the contemplator to seek a way out of this place so as to resolve problems? Btw, i'd be curious to hear what, in your opinion, are some of the vital problematic things in this place that you think needs fixing?

I practice with the intention of eventually competing in the UFC to prove that there's more to Martial Arts than external power.

I got a Horsey stance with deep roots. Good luck taking me down with your pathetic Jiu Jitsu. :lol:

Nice!

What are you thoughts on Systema?