Greenhorn

Coffee. Good or bad?

Hey,

do you have any experiences using this drug not only for stimulant purposes. I'm not a regular coffee drinker but lately I use it quite often. I feel it's good for purifying the toxins and headache...

Vid

In moderation, good. Too much, bad. None, neutral. :)

All bitter taste is cleansing according to both ayurvedic and tcm theory. I read about a study on alcoholics, where those who drank coffee had less liver disease than those who didn't. Of course I don't know if that was really true :D

Black espresso coffee seems to go quite well with strong black porter. They kind of create this synergy of relaxation and stimulation. But watch it, these are dangerous waters! :D

Good and bad are subjective opinions

foods offer you things you need ,or things you dont need.

for your question, coffee is very high in antioxidents

one of the highest levels in any food regularly consumed

it is said to be good for the liver, so I am confirming the

rumor ( but I havent done any testing at all to see if its actually true)

Stosh

I read about a study on alcoholics, where those who drank coffee had less liver disease than those who didn't. Of course I don't know if that was really true :D

I would highly doubt the truth in that.

It has been many times proven that coffee has no long term effect on the human body/mind. Yes, it has short term effects. If your battery is dead it will give you a jump start.

Again, as with most things, moderation according to what your body can handle. And different people have different capacities so 6 cups per day might be okay for one person but for another person 1 cup per day (or none) would be better.

If you are an energy practitioner (prana/qi) coffee can really throw off your natural rhythm. It can give you a short boost, but drain you afterwards.

If you find yourself tired, just sleep. Or eat less processed food and less food that takes a lot of energy to digest like meat.

I used to drink a lot of coffee without much of a problem, but after beginning meditation/energy work I became really sensitive to how it destabilizes the body's energies. IMO you should just use it in emergency cases when you have to stay up.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Morning bad, coffee Good.

grunt, grunt, Beyond its taste and stimulant effect, its loaded with antioxidants and some good bioflavinoids. Çoffee drinkers seem to have protection against some nerve diseases like Parkinsons. I think individual metabolisms probably over ride generic yes' and no's. It's definitely a stimulant, can be harsh on adrenals and the stomach and some people can't handle it.

An individual's constitution would be a factor, whereas for some it just is not agreeable.

It would be wise the coffee is not instant, overly processed and preferably an organic or high quality variety.

And one should consider, particularly if they have or experience sleeping problems, if consumption of caffeine, particularly in the afternoon or evenings, may be a factor.

Should you have hypertension, nervousness or any other medical condition which may be worsened or exaggerated by caffeine consumption, then that too is a factor.

Your bodyweight will also be a factor.

I advocate that one cup of good quality coffee a day, without white sugar, to be a good way to start the day, dilate the blood vessels, get the bowels moving and get a bit of pep in the morning especially during colder weather.

A very big person may go with two cups perhaps spread an hour or two apart.

The classic books written by Travell and Simons regarding muscular trigger points also comment that one cup a day is good for blood vessel dilation and blood circulation. But more than that can begin to make the body respond unfavorably to the coffee.

Three cups or more begins to get into the potential that the body will respond to the caffeine, long term, with some negative consequences. Should you do this everyday for a long period of time then there is the hypertension response and withdrawal headache should you discontinue consumption.

I don't drink coffee because I am already quite physically and mentally energetic...so coffee is like speed for me and my constitution. One cup gets me climbing the walls for hours. Because I don't drink it I have no tolerarnce when I do.

I am sure that taking a break from coffee once in a while is also a good idea...instead of five cups a day...everyday.

And I find that the smaller amount of caffeine found in my green tea does give me energy in the morning, whereas when someone is used to five cups a day of coffee...the green tea would really not do much for stimulation.

Caffeine also has a diuretic effect so if you don't drink much water and experience chronic cellular dehydration...then you want to take three months to consume enough water to make sure your cells are properly rehydrated and then compensate a bit for your caffeine consumption.

Some ladies have commented to me that their men "taste" different and not like it so much when they drink coffee...in the context of oral sex.

i dont drink coffee, but i used to. I felt better when i stopped, and only drink tea now.

I don't think its doing anything bad to your body in moderation (<2cups/day) but it is a stimulant, and as such it tends to throw off the bodies natural rhythms. Caffeine is also habit-forming, which is one reason hardcore practitioners and yogis don't drink much but water and herbal teas.

Unless you are really striving for purity, or drinking more than 32oz of the stuff per day, i wouldn't worry about it. And make sure to drink extra water, above the 64oz daily recommended if you are drinking coffee.

Many people are addicted and have some bad withdrawal on trying to quit, would watch it if you rely on it as an energy source.