Cameron

Which game console?

Which system?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which system?

• Nintendo Wii
    • Sony PS3
    • Xbox 360

Ok enough about enlightenment I have a serious question. I am having knee surgery in 2 weeks and will be out of commission for awhile. Should a buy a Nintendo Wii, Sony PS3, or Xbox 360?

Ok enough about enlightenment I have a serious question. I am having knee surgery in 2 weeks and will be out of commission for awhile. Should a buy a Nintendo Wii, Sony PS3, or Xbox 360?

PS3, of course.

Smile. One of the most dedicated meditators on the forum. Completely ignores the ego dramas and grasping at straws in other threads to respond promptly with ordinary advice to an ordinary question. :)

Sean

Hehe. Sean, I'm sorry but your topics on the mind and continuum are too deep for me. I'm trying to adopt giving "obvious" answers, so no matter what I say I can always be right.

Hehe. Sean, I'm sorry but your topics on the mind and continuum are too deep for me. I'm trying to adopt giving "obvious" answers, so no matter what I say I can always be right.

:) Sounds like a good strategy.

(PS - Cameron, I had to edit the topic title, for some reason it was causing "page not found" errors).

That's funny, I do not remember Max ever having a goatee. Esp. now.

Quick edit:

forgot to say, isn't PS3 sold out ??

People were killing each other in parking lots to obtain this console. Sounds too crazy for me.

Plus you have to buy all new games for it. Kinda pricey.

Wii may not be a good choice for you if you are going to be "laid up" ... it involves lots of body movement coordination for control of your character in the games.

I'd go with good ol' XBox 360, a reasonable choice for use with all the older games + reliability and ease.

Edited by TwoTrees

While you can't go wrong with the PS3, I've tried the Wii and it rocks. It has taken gaming to a totally new dimension.

I was thinking of getting Wii but it was sold out. They had like 2 PS3's left and was sold out most places also. Graphically, PS3 is ahead of Wii. Graphics on PS3 are great. I think Wii is probably better for kids though. PS3 for us older kids.

PS3 is more of a media center. It connects to internet. You can use it for pictures. It plays Blue Ray movies. I think PS3 is about as good as it gets on a tv screen. The PS4 will probably have to get into some Star Trek holodeck action.

I wonder what PS10 will look like. Probably be multi playing with people on space stations using your mind as the controller :lol:

There was an Onion headline: "Ghost of Christmas Future Torments Kids with Vision of PS7"

I'll eventually get a Wii. We have a gamecube now its downwardly compatible and I bet games will be cheaper, more kid oriented and the remote motion detecting joysticks rock.

I think great graphics can be a trap. Designers spend too much time on looks not enough on fun play.

Michael

The cool thing about Wii is when you are bowling, you are *really* bowling. Bowling is my fav. Even people who aren't into video games, will be into Wii. It's easier for a first time player to get in the groove... good for dates, entertaining, etc in that respect. Serious gamers should get both, of course.

Another reason I ultimately prefer PS3 is it plays most PS2 games. There are alot of really good PS2 games I never played that I will now.

The only reason I was thinking of getting Wii over PS3 was for one game..The new Zelda. The original Zelda was one of my favorite games as a kid and the new one for Wii(also for gamecube) got like a 10 out of 10 rating and is supposed to be amazing. But PS3 has way more fun games for me long term.

You done good. I'll stay away from all video games until my kids demand that I come out of retirement.

For kids Wii would be the best- at least they have to do some movements to play it intead of being a part of a couch for a few hours. Yet, PS3 has an amazing chip Cell that is far beyond anything on the market including PC CPUs. Did someone say "alien technology" because if this is not, I don't know what is?

I don't think I will be getting anything soon because this will definately f*ck up my training.

It's pretty fun. I watched Talledega Nights with Will Farrell on Blue Ray disc on my PS3 last night. Funny movie.

Sign in to follow this