thelerner

I fought the poets and the poets won, but maybe they can be diverted

There was a time I fought against poetry in the Contributed Article section because I thought it diluted from 'real' articles. Poems are great, but articles are supposed to be long thoughtful stand alone pieces of writing, done without the expectation of discussion.

Ā 

Poems have become the norm and well written solid articles are pushed down pages as people express there poetic license.

Ā 

The lesson may be you can't stop the poets. They're like graffiti artists, but maybe we can create a subforum in articles and move the bulk of poems there!!

Ā 

What do you think?

Ā 

Michael 'Get off my Lawn' thelerner

I think the poetry dominates because very few articles are written. People should write more and also do what SB did which is to bump stuff you are interested in. Then the articles section will change without the need for interference or more subs.

Ā 

if someone thinks deeply about a subject then expresses it as a poem ... well what's wrong with that?

• Like 2

I think the poetry dominates because very few articles are written. People should write more and also do what SB did which is to bump stuff you are interested in. Then the articles section will change without the need for interference or more subs.

Ā 

if someone thinks deeply about a subject then expresses it as a poem ... well what's wrong with that?

Ā 

nuttin :)

• Like 1

I want a painting subforum :)

Ā 

I second this,

but mainly because I want an excuse to vainly post a few paintings

• Like 1

I second this,

but mainly because I want an excuse to vainly post a few paintings

Ā 

I was kidding. Post them in general discussion or in an area they are appropriate.

I posted mine in Taoist discussion as the subject matter is the I Ching.

Let's see them :)

• Like 1

I love poems heres on I wrote yesterday

Ā 

dan tien...rainbow..waterfall...dan tien...relax tension...empty mind..al day on dan tian otherwise shoots up get angry...i love women...beautiful..bitches...recently bitches lick my faces...dogs i mean haha...dogs are beautiful too walking hearts of joy, jumping ready to be your friend...dogs...dog attack my dog...love it...but im ready to attack it...scared of what nigga...mexico puerto vallarta..life is beautiful...if this happens that doesnt happen...cause effect, 1 plus 2 = 10 -1

Ā 

lol

Ā 

but on a seperate note..if i get rid of logic and linear crazy wisdom comes out naturally..

Edited by sinansencer

I love poems heres on I wrote yesterday

Ā 

dan tien...rainbow..waterfall...dan tien...relax tension...empty mind..al day on dan tian otherwise shoots up get angry...i love women...beautiful..bitches...recently bitches lick my faces...dogs i mean haha...dogs are beautiful too walking hearts of joy, jumping ready to be your friend...dogs...dog attack my dog...love it...but im ready to attack it...scared of what nigga...mexico puerto vallarta..life is beautiful...if this happens that doesnt happen...cause effect, 1 plus 2 = 10 -1

Ā 

lol

Ā 

but on a seperate note..if i get rid of logic and linear crazy wisdom comes out naturally..

Hmnnnn, I've farted better poems then that ;)

Ā 

Michael <get off my lawn> thelerner :wacko:

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Get off my lawn

Prose makes me yawn

I'd rather read about the Golden Dawn

Or watch Spawn

Don't be a fawn

Poetry makes you withdrawn

Develop some brawn!

Ā 

NE4PLPGrbWyr88_1_1.jpg

Hmnnnn, I've farted better poems then that ;)

Ā 

Michael <get off my lawn> thelerner :wacko:

Ā 

Im not writing a "poem" or a "haiku" and Im not trying to make it live up to a superficial standard of good its just spontaneous flow of words...anyways i like it ok...

Ā 

Ā 

Im not writing a "poem" or a "haiku" and Im not trying to make it live up to a superficial standard of good its just spontaneous flow of words...anyways i like it ok...

I know :), just being cantankerous- writing in old grumpy guy persona.

LAWN ATTACK! Get set! On your marks! AND GO!

You cannot come home until you won AND NO!

You cannot get payed for mowing lawn

THAT'S WRONG!

Invade and conquer the grass and land

If the owners don't like it then go get bent

It's not loitering if you own where you stand

'SUP!!!

Haters bore me and annoy me

Don't cut the grass it wants to grow free

Like me

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I think they heard me, run and cover

Come back tomorrow and show some power