Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

Sugar and Not So Sweet Dreams

In my experience some things tend to lead to the opposite later on, like sweets in this example feels good as you eat it, but later comes back hunting you as bad feelings / experiences / bad health.

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing your experience of the sugar monster!

I have also very often dreamed about the sugar monster. My teeth hurt and the sugar monster casts a hibernation spell upon my mind. As my body paralizes and my vision blurs from the heavy and sleepy mind, she awakens my tongue with her sugary sensations and forces me to swallow by closing my mouth afterwards. One day I stop running away from her and ask her. Why do you do this to me all the time? She says "I am afraid that you will keep on running away from me and never return again. Atleast I can enjoy your presence for a little while longer in this way. From today on forward I will no longer have to force you to eat my sugars, because I know that you shall return and you have proven so to me by being with me right now, in your absolute presence and openness to who I am. I am no longer worried that you shall denie my love. For all love is what you are worthy of and all love is all that you will ever need in order to remain satisfied. Don't run away from who you are, my love. We are one."

These dreams wake me up to greater dreams.

• Like 1

I used to know a woman who was a very religious Catholic, who actually had Jesus come to her in a dream, shine his divine light on her, and proclaim the only message he had for her, in a commandeering and somewhat indignant tone of voice:

"Darita-Rose, Get Off Sugar Already!"

This story cracks me up every time I remember it, yet Darita-Rose took this unique divine intervention absolutely seriously -- and her health benefited greatly.

• Like 2

If you buy those energy/alcohol drinks and drink them before bed - it takes you straight to the lower astral and you will have nightmares all night. I don't drink them anymore....I think they were also forced to take the caffeine out because people were dying. So they probably aren't as strong.............Just alcohol and a bunch of Ginseng.

• Like 1

Sugar is a “toxin” that is killing the unwitting masses, according to an April 1, “60 Minutes” hosted by CNN’s chief medical correspondent, Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

Gupta and all of the medical experts that he interviewed argued that sugar leads

to heart disease, cancer (by leading to the creation of insulin, which cancer cells use to trigger their growth), and that sugar can actually be compared to certain drugs, like “cocaine,” in that it triggers the pleasure centers in the brain.

“New research coming out of some of America’s most respected institutions is starting to find that sugar, the way many people are eating it today, is a toxin,” Gupta said at the start of the segment.

Dr. Robert H. Lustig, MD, University of California San Francisco Professor of Pediatrics, was the primary expert in piece. Lustig told Gupta that he believes sugar should be treated the same way as tobacco and alcohol, substances which are still legal, but regulated.

“Ultimately, this is a public health crisis, and when there’s a public health crisis you have to do big things and you have to do them across the board. Tobacco and alcohol are perfect examples … I think that sugar belongs in this exact same wastebasket,” said Lustig. http://www.mrc.org/node/39736

sugar_granules.jpg

Home > Food & Information > Sugar and Cocaine

Sugar and Cocaine

Probably the Biggest Contributor to Death and Disease in the West.

This may seem like a strange starting point but keep reading and you will understand.

Cocaine

Cocaine is a drug (paste) extracted from the leaves of the South American coca plant. It is a strong stimulate that effects the body’s central nervous system.

Short-Term Cocaine Effects

Mental alertness

Dilated pupils

Constricted vessels

Decreased appetite

Increased blood pressure

Increased temperature

Increased heart rate

Increased energy

Long-Term Cocaine Effects

Addiction

Irritability

Restlessness

Mood Disturbances

Paranoia

Auditory Hallucinations

Cocaine is one of the most addictive drugs out there. It therefore has correspondingly intense effects on the body – and on the mind. One of reasons that cocaine is so dangerous and addictive is because it actually changes the way the brain functions.

Cocaine is an extremely addictive drug , with crack (the smoked version) being the most highly addictive drug on the illegal market.http://www.cocaineabuse.us/effects.html

Let us look further at the makeup of things and see where it goes.

Molecules

A group of atoms bonded together representing the smallest fundamental unit of a chemical compound that can take part in a chemical reaction.

2 Hydrogen molecules and 1 Oxygen molecule bonded together = H2O = Water. This is how chemicals are made up.

Sugar

It has 12 carbon atoms, 22 hydrogen atoms, 11 oxygen atoms, and absolutely nothing else to offer. The chemical formula for cocaine is C17H21NO4. Sugar’s formula again is C12H22O11. For all practical purposes, the difference is that sugar is missing the “N”, or nitrogen atom.

In fact Sugar and Cocaine are highly similar on a molecular level and so have similar effects on the mind and body.

The Process

Refining means to make “pure” by a process of extraction or separation.

In the process of making sugar from both cane and beets, they are heated and calcium hydroxide (lime), which is a toxin to the body, is added. This is done to remove those ingredients that interfere with the complete processing of sugar. Carbon dioxide, which is another toxin, is then used to remove the lime (and according to my studies, not all is removed).

Researchers recently determined that refined sugar is actually more addictive than cocaine. In a recent study rats were given a choice between sugar water and cocaine, and 94% them chose sugar. Even the rats that had previously been addicted to cocaine switched to the sugar once it was a choice. No wonder it’s so hard to give up that 3 pack of M&M’s, it’s more addictive than illegal drugs. http://www.slashfood.com/2007/08/27/sug ... n-cocaine/

White refined sugar is not a food. It is a pure chemical extracted from plant sources, purer in fact than cocaine, which it resembles in many ways.

The sugar turns from a sticky black substance to a clear juice which is heated to remove other impurities. And if that’s not enough, the sugar is then bleached white with a chemical solution that uses pork by-products (blood albumin and/or animal charcoal). The sugar is processed at least three times before it’s in the form that we would normally use and by that time it no longer resembles a food and is now a drug and an artificial substance.

http://askville.amazon.com/refined-sugar-made-white-added-make/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=8464011

DID YOU GET THAT? YES PORK IS IN OUR SUGAR. PORK ENZYMES ARE USED TO HELP SUGAR CRYSTALLISE!

After the crystals condense, they are bleached snow-white usually by the use of pork or cattle bones. During the refining process, 64 food elements are destroyed. All the potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, manganese, phosphate, and sulfate are removed. The A, D, and B, vitamins are destroyed.

Amino acids, vital enzymes, unsaturated fats, and all fiber are gone.

100g of sugar has been found to stop immune cell production and function for up to 5 hours

Sugar Addiction

Researchers at Princeton University studying bingeing and dependency in rats have found that when the animals ingest large amounts of sugar, their brains undergo changes similar to the changes in the brains of people who abuse illegal drugs like cocaine and heroin.

Studies show that “sugar” is just as habit-forming as any narcotic; and its use, misuse, and abuse is our nation’s (USA) number one disaster.

We’ve known for years that sugar isn’t good for us. It promotes tooth decay, provides quick highs and lows and offers nothing but empty, nutritionless calories that pack on the pounds. However, it appears that it is even worse than we previously thought.

The chemicals used in sugar processing (phosphoric acid, acid calcium phosphate and others) are potent and health-debilitating. Sugar has a tremendous amount of carbonic acid which disturbs the nutritional balance in the body. Sugar robs the body of almost all nutrients, especially the minerals chromium, zinc and calcium, and vitamins C and B-complex. Chromium is also deficient in diabetics, a mineral which reduces blood sugar levels.

And so when we get sick we turn to still worse forms of sweetener which are all proven to cause a wide range of other health effects. This is due to our not wanting to change our habits but change the form. There is always a consequence to such actions. The result is always more or another kind of disease. It would be better to change your habits completely in line with Gods plan.

Using sweeteners which contains ASPARTAME leads to some of the following:

Fibromylagia symptoms

Spasms

Shooting pains

Cramps

Vertigo

Numbness in the legs

Dizziness

Headaches

Tinnitus

Joint pain

Depression

Anxiety attacks

Slurred speech

Blurred vision

Blindness

Memory loss.

http://theoriginalplan.org/?page_id=788

I used to know a woman who was a very religious Catholic, who actually had Jesus come to her in a dream, shine his divine light on her, and proclaim the only message he had for her, in a commandeering and somewhat indignant tone of voice:

"Darita-Rose, Get Off Sugar Already!"

This story cracks me up every time I remember it, yet Darita-Rose took this unique divine intervention absolutely seriously -- and her health benefited greatly.

If you buy those energy/alcohol drinks and drink them before bed - it takes you straight to the lower astral and you will have nightmares all night. I don't drink them anymore....I think they were also forced to take the caffeine out because people were dying. So they probably aren't as strong.............Just alcohol and a bunch of Ginseng.

Very interesting stuff! thanks guys!

I generally don't consume sugar...

Then fathers day yesterday... cake / sweets etc :blush: haha... wasn't all that much really

I couldn't relax or sleep well + dream state wasn't as pleasant as usual

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

I need to overcome my sugar addiction. It is very difficult to say the least, but i know i can get over it eventually. Its all just cravings.

Its funny because i think that whenever i have ice cream i get bad dreams. Its probably from the high sugar content as well as maybe the fat both total and saturated that create nightmares.

I need to overcome my sugar addiction. It is very difficult to say the least, but i know i can get over it eventually. Its all just cravings.

Its funny because i think that whenever i have ice cream i get bad dreams. Its probably from the high sugar content as well as maybe the fat both total and saturated that create nightmares.

A sugar addiction is very easy to overcome if you go cold turkey (not gradually) and keep your diet on the very high fat/moderate protein/low to zero carb side. High fat means quality fat -- organic butter (raw if you can get it), animal fat and lard (from organic grass-fed animals), coconut oil, ghee, and for salads, olive, sunflower, sesame in moderation (don't cook with any vegetable oils except coconut). Watch what fats you use and put an absolute ban on hydrogenated frankenfats and vegetable oils that are GM and not fit for human consumption to begin with (corn, soy, canola). On this regimen you lose sugar cravings within 24 hours -- permanently. If you still get them, up your fat intake. You won't get fat on this diet, I guarantee it. It won't clog your arteries, I promise. It won't do anything mainstream nutrition (a bunch of ulteriorly motivated lies) asserts it will. It will just rid you of sugar cravings, for starters, and then start doing more.

One thing that always worries me when people (rightfully) attack sugar is that behind those campaigns lurk powerful pharma cartels that push "diet" substitutes. Those are incalculably worse than sugar, no comparison. Don't get duped.

• Like 1

A sugar addiction is very easy to overcome if you go cold turkey (not gradually) and keep your diet on the very high fat/moderate protein/low to zero carb side. High fat means quality fat -- organic butter (raw if you can get it), animal fat and lard (from organic grass-fed animals), coconut oil, ghee, and for salads, olive, sunflower, sesame in moderation (don't cook with any vegetable oils except coconut). Watch what fats you use and put an absolute ban on hydrogenated frankenfats and vegetable oils that are GM and not fit for human consumption to begin with (corn, soy, canola). On this regimen you lose sugar cravings within 24 hours -- permanently. If you still get them, up your fat intake. You won't get fat on this diet, I guarantee it. It won't clog your arteries, I promise. It won't do anything mainstream nutrition (a bunch of ulteriorly motivated lies) asserts it will. It will just rid you of sugar cravings, for starters, and then start doing more.

One thing that always worries me when people (rightfully) attack sugar is that behind those campaigns lurk powerful pharma cartels that push "diet" substitutes. Those are incalculably worse than sugar, no comparison. Don't get duped.

Yes // I will second the artificial/diet substitutes

ASPARTAME was one mentioned... there are a number though.

Best to avoid packaged food... when one can.

I do believe ones diet can make the path / life much easier and much more pleasant.

If your in a state of depression caused by chemicals you have consumed... meditation etc becomes less fruitful I imagine... unless one learns to overcome these things through intent/will etc

The Taoists of the past seemed to put strong emphasis regarding what one should consume.

So perhaps make it an additional part of ones spiritual practice... if one needs more reason as to why.

:)

The Taoists of the past seemed to put strong emphasis regarding what one should consume.

Taoists of the past didn't have a McFeedMe on every corner. :lol::ninja::lol:

My only use of sugar (raw maple) is in morning coffee; and processed foods just aint in this owl's nest. You're right, food chemicals affect greatly; especially when you're not used to them even the smallest amounts can toss ya. At a recent event I went ahead out of respect... but man the next day - if you'd have googled 'bitch-city' my pic would have been at the top. <_<

Great posts, folks - good topic, wolf.

warm regards

I'm in need of a serious change of diet. Can you recommend a book or link that's pretty easy to work from? Losing sugar cravings permanently sounds downright awesome.

Food addiction is my number one vice. I LOVE food, eating is my favorite thing ever. I have a feeling it's because I'm addicted to all the chemical bullshit I'm consuming.

I'm in need of a serious change of diet. Can you recommend a book or link that's pretty easy to work from? Losing sugar cravings permanently sounds downright awesome.

Food addiction is my number one vice. I LOVE food, eating is my favorite thing ever. I have a feeling it's because I'm addicted to all the chemical bullshit I'm consuming.

Whoa nellie! Sounds too good to be true. Any resources you could provide to help some of us bums out?

Nora Gedgaudas, "Primal Body, Primal Mind." This is pretty radical. If you get cold feet, I'll recommend something "transitional." It took me a helluva lot of research and quite a while to get used to the idea of Abstaining From Grains before I was ready for the practice, and then a while more to throw in Abstaining From All Carbs And Starches -- this book was the last straw. If its whole field of ideas proves to be your first, I'd be curious to know how heavy you found that straw! -- so please report back guys/gals if you do check it out. :)

• Like 2

rainbowvein, hi

You might find the ideas in the food section of the "Tao of health sex and longevity" by Daniel Reid to be a good transitional diet. Taomeow recommend it (the eating concepts, not the book) to me about 5 years ago. All the difference in the world. It's the starting steps to follow what TM just posted above. Maybe someone here has the book (mine wandered off) and can post the info. I still follow the principals; only a few and they're pretty easy. I like easy. (-:

warm regards

YW, rainbowvein. (-: I looked at that link; it's pretty good, but incomplete. The content of the book is much richer, (and explains about the grain-avoidance thing) and was worth the price for me, even though I wasn't interested in (nor can comment on) the rest of the "Taoist" ideas contained in the book. Immediately, and by that I mean within 8 hours of doing this, all intestinal discomfort - gone. Heartburn, gas - gone. Just like that. I was just starting to develop what was probably acid reflux (gird), and tried this as last resort before starting on Prilosec. (you readin this, Michael TheLearner?) Now, I rarely even burp. Still fart though. :rolleyes:

I dont worry about macrobiotics or yin-cool yang-hot balance or any of that kind of stuff... Other than sticking to unprocessed foods as much as possible, my short list is: 1) dont eat eggs/meat with bread/potatoes; 2) only dairy is hard cheese & butter; 3) eat fruit/juice all by itself and never within 2hrs after a meal. Easy peasy. (-:

warm regards

Nora Gedgaudas, "Primal Body, Primal Mind." This is pretty radical. If you get cold feet, I'll recommend something "transitional." It took me a helluva lot of research and quite a while to get used to the idea of Abstaining From Grains before I was ready for the practice, and then a while more to throw in Abstaining From All Carbs And Starches -- this book was the last straw. If its whole field of ideas proves to be your first, I'd be curious to know how heavy you found that straw! -- so please report back guys/gals if you do check it out. :)

I'll check that out, thanks for the recommendation!

Sign in to follow this