Celestial

How I unintentionally moved a pebble.

I have kept this story a secret since it happened to me seven years ago. I thought if I told anyone they would think that I was crazy. I feel it's time to find out why this happened...

Seven years ago I signed up for Tai Chi classes. I learned the first basic form, standing meditation, and the 8 pieces of brocade(or eight brocades). I was a horrible student. I never practiced outside of the required once a week to twice a week class. I would simply just get to the class early and review what I had learned last week so that I didn't look like a complete fool. Yes, I dishonored myself and the school by doing this. However, while my Martial Arts background is not as extensive and consistant as most with similar interests, I managed somehow to pull it off.

I did this for about one year. Then I quit. Did I say I was a horrible student? : )

Now here's where things get interesting...

Out of the blue I started practicing standing meditation again (about a year after I quit Tai Chi). I practiced only for about a week off and on. One night, I got in a good 20 minute practice (for me that was good dammit! lol) and then afterwards went into the bathroom, but instead of turning on the light like I normally do, I decided to light a candle. The candle was rested in a tray surrounded by a bed of pebbles. I took a lighter, ignited the flame, and as soon as that happened I heard a loud "THWACK" noise come from off the wall behind me. I was startled, so I quickly dropped the lighter and turned on the light. I examined the wall and there was a small dent near the bottom. Below the dent on the ground lay one single pebble.

I haven't practiced standing meditation since. Can someone explain what happened that night?

Thank you.

Edit: The distance between the tray of pebbles and the wall behind me was roughly 3-4 feet. Don't know if this matters or not. It also didn't fire off in a straight line, it launched diagonally and missed me by about 6-8 inches to my right; then impacted the wall. The sound that I heard from it bouncing off the wall was instantaneous after igniting the flame.

Edited by Celestial

My Grandpa told me once when I was a little kid - that he was lying in bed and looking at the ceiling. He said one of those little white popcorn ceiling pebbles fell and landed in his eyeball. How did that happen - and what are the chances?

Edited by chi 2012

My Grandpa told me once when I was a little kid - that he was lying in bed and looking at the ceiling. He said one of those little white popcorn ceiling pebbles fell and landed in his eyeball. How did that happen - and what are the chances?

I hate when that happens. ;)

• Like 1

not sure

thanks for sharing though

interesting :)

Psychokinesis (from the Greek ψυχή, "psyche", meaning mind, soul, heart, or breath; and κίνησις, "kinesis", meaning motion, movement; literally "mind-movement"),[1][2] also referred to as telekinesis[3] (Greek τῆλε + κίνησις, literally "distant-movement") with respect to strictly describing movement of matter, abbreviated as PK and TK respectively, is a term coined by publisher Henry Holt[4] to refer to the direct influence of mind on a physical system that cannot be entirely accounted for by the mediation of any known physical energy.[5] Examples of psychokinesis could include distorting or moving an object,[6] and influencing the output of a random number generator.[5][7][8]

The study of phenomena said to be psychokinetic is part of parapsychology. Some psychokinesis researchers claim psychokinesis exists and deserves further study, although the focus of research has shifted away from large-scale phenomena to attempts to influence dice and then to random number generators. WIKI

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

I've got one of those electric bath scales and you need to tap on it to turn it on and let it zero it's self. The other day i just went to pick them up to use them, but before i even touched them they turned on like they were getting ready for me. Weird.

i've been to church only once in the last 5 years or something but i remember the priest saying his toaster popped and the slice of bread came flying out of the toaster, then landed on the floor, but not flat, it landed on it's side just balancing there.

And stranger things have happened than these things :P

I would advise to keep training! One might be able to cultivate this skill! Even if not, you can gain much self empowerment through qigong and meditations.

i vibrated a jenga piece off the top of another last nite. i tried it not thinking any thing was going to happen. i could literally watch the top piece vibrate and fall off, this was quite close, but it made me smile, I plan on spending today trying to replicate it. The vibration was awesome!

Edited by jaysahnztao
  • Like 2

I appreciate all the fascinating responses from you guys. Thank you.

White Wolf ~ I am familiar with Psychokinesis, but i find it hard to believe that I was able to perform such a miracle without having put in enough hours of serious deep meditation practice.

z00se ~ Electric bath scale? Never heard of it.

jaysahnztao ~ Yes, I plan on starting back up again and sticking with it until I die this time. The jenga story is impressive. What type of meditation were you doing before vibrating the piece?

Do you feel it was you or something else that moved it?

Apparently some kids are now being born with such abilities?

I think these powers are inherent in all...

they just need to be re cognized and trained

like anything if you want to be good at it :)

Do you feel it was you or something else that moved it?

Apparently some kids are now being born with such abilities?

It's impossible for me to tell if someone else moved it; I didn't feel any presence in the room at the time. I was born in the 70s, so I don't know if I was gifted with such abilities or not.

Reference?

There was a documentary called: super psychic children of china... that was pretty good from memory / a few years back I was looking into it

whether real or not I don't know // just found it curious

I can't find it on YouTube at present... although the name ^^ must be popular because it preloads

http://www.spiritofm.../oct1/pdong.htm

by Thomas E. Rafill

co-author with Paul Dong of

China's Super Psychics

In The Four Major Mysteries of Mainland China (Prentice-Hall, 1984, now out of print) and China's Super Psychics (Marlowe, 1997), Paul Dong examined China's activities in the field of psychic children during the 1980s. This year, China Books has published his China's Major Mysteries, an updated look at the same field as The Four Major Mysteries of Mainland China. In this article I briefly review a few of the new developments in China in psychic research.

redpixel.gif

"Seeing" Without Eyes

Research continued throughout the period in the field of training psychic abilities in children. In March, 1992, seven Hangzhou University researchers did a six-month experimental study of training schoolchildren to ''read with the ear'' (develop visual perception through body parts other than the eye). This project, led by Tian Weishun and Zhu Huizhong, involved 1222 students from elementary through high school, of which 623 were boys and 599 were girls. The training method involved introducing the concept of reading with the ear and instructing them to clear their heads and concentrate. They then checked the children's abilities in tests proctored by their schoolteachers. Their results were that 12.35 percent of children aged seven to thirteen had the power, but only one female aged 17 had the power among the students from ages 14 to 18. The best age for training the ability was found to be nine, at which age the success rate was around 20 percent.

We cite the Chinese source My Research on EHF by Prof. Tang Jianmin. He also mentions a similar experimental study by Xu Baoyi of China's Bangbu Medical Institute. This study worked with 1388 teenagers and found that 180 of them were able to see without their eyes. The largest number of successful subjects was found at age 12, while the fewest were over 16.

A report by Shao Laisheng and the well-known Zhu Yiyi (editor for China's Nature Magazine) described work in training young adults aged 18 to 20. They found it was still possible to train them, but they had greater success with less educated working people than with university students. They hypothesize that the university students are busier and less able to achieve the relaxation and concentration required for successful psychic training.

One group that has continued working on research in training psychic children is the ''Human Body Informatics'' group in the electrical engineering department of Shanghai's Fudan University. In experiments from 1986 to 1993, they trained 46 children (18 male, 28 female). They reported that almost all of the children developed both extrasensory perception and psychokinetic abilities. However, the subjects suffered from dizziness, head throbbing and fatigue when exercising these abilities.

X-Ray Vision Studies

A popular research target in the 1990s has been see-through vision. This has a good application as a tool for medical diagnosis. Xinjiang People's Liberation Army Hospital did 117 tests of children's abilities to perform such medical diagnoses. In 22 cases of examining for diseases in the head, the children were correct 17 times, partly correct four times and wrong one time. In 53 cases examining the liver, the results were: 43 correct, 5 partly correct, four wrong, and one couldn't see clearly. In 19 trials of viewing fetal position, they were correct 16 times and wrong 3 times. These results were reported in ''Preliminary Investigation of Modern Medical Verification of EHF'' by Yang Junpeng, assistant director of the hospital.

Professor Tang Jianmin published an interesting study of the factors contributing to see-through vision. He reviews the known results that the power is prevalent more in females than in males, more in youths than adults, more in rural areas than in cities, more among American children than Chinese children, and more among Chinese adults than American adults. He hypothesizes that the development of see-through vision is affected by the same factors that affect ordinary vision: relaxation, and spending less time on activities that focus the vision strongly like reading, watching television, driving, and doing stressful work. This theory could explain some of the differences observed. For example, children in China spend more time reading and studying than children in America, so this could affect both their vision and their see-through vision.

Chinese Government Shifts Stance

As the 1990s drew to a close, psychic research became a center of controversy, as many masters of chi gong meditation promoted their practices as a path to mysterious spiritual powers. The Chinese government took a negative view of some of these activities, especially those that rejected the use of conventional medicine. In 1999, the Chinese government banned one of these chi gong practices, Falun Gong, and issued an arrest warrant for its leader, Li Hongzhi, who has been living in New York. Many newspaper and magazine articles in China attacked their mysterious beliefs as superstition. However, psychic research in a scientific framework has continued to receive the support of the Chinese government. Paul Dong discusses this issue in our forthcoming book The Allure of Falun Gong (Welcome Rain Publishers). It is noteworthy that in the 1980s, many high-ranking Chinese government officials supported psychic research, but today most of these have been replaced by a new generation of leaders who have shown that either they aren't familiar with the research or they don't believe in it. Thus, the future of psychic research in China is uncertain, although the work continues today in many institutes in the country.

I have studied just a little bit with Bruce Frantzis. He has some term like "happy accident" - during the course of your practice something amazing will happen "by itself." And you think "oh, wow! I can do <x> now!"

But then you can't do it again.

not for weeks, or months, or years.

and you forget about it.

Over the course of time it may happen again, then later again, and then eventually you actually develop the ability to do <x> until, with practice, you can do it always, every time, no matter what.

Since starting to practice the energy arts system regularly, I've had lots of 'happy accidents' - they are really fun, and they don't seem to mean anything, and I try not to get attached to them.

I think you had "a happy accident."

Be glad. Go back to practicing. Don't worry about it, and remember it doesn't mean anything.

So a "happy accident" is your Chi accidentally interacting with a physical object?

What exactly are you studying with Bruce? I was interested in his Hsing-I 5 Elements practice. Have you done that? Is it worth it?

Thanks again! :D

i think one of two things

could be spontaneous telekinesis

could be a spirit, a ghost, or worse ;)

was there any emotional discharge or strong emotional feeling at the time of the incident? all the times i have heard of telekinesis happening without the person trying to do it have been associated with such feelings.

neat story, thanks for sharing

So a "happy accident" is your Chi accidentally interacting with a physical object?

A happy accident is any ability that visits you before you have actually developed that skill/ability. Could be anything in your practice - telekinesis too.

I practice energy gates (outer dissolving, cloud hands, swings) every day. I also stand in SanTi everyday. It is very very energizing, especially if I practice Pi Chuan.

i think one of two things

could be spontaneous telekinesis

could be a spirit, a ghost, or worse ;)

was there any emotional discharge or strong emotional feeling at the time of the incident? all the times i have heard of telekinesis happening without the person trying to do it have been associated with such feelings.

neat story, thanks for sharing

No, I was completely emotionless.

AlchemistGeorge ~ How do you develop the ability to perform telekinesis?

Edited by Celestial

No, I was completely emotionless.

AlchemistGeorge ~ How do you develop the ability to perform telekinesis?

Return to your regular practices and practice regularly. Concentrate on doing your practice well. Don't worry about, think about or focus on telekinesis.

Return to your regular practices and practice regularly. Concentrate on doing your practice well. Don't worry about, think about or focus on telekinesis.

Oh I plan on it. I was just wondering if there were specific meditation techniques in order to cultivate certain powers. This way I can potentially avoid some of the "accidents" in the future.

I for one am kind of working on telekinesis. I googled it and it says to simply clear your mind, focus on grabbing the object with your mind and stay focused. The other technique was to simply lie to yourself and say it moved, eventualy your subconciouse should buy into it, lol