nine tailed fox

New Age Bunnies

My good man, can you tell me how bunnies doth help me gain the elixir? Is there some secret knowledge you wish to confess to your brethren?

I have searched far and yonder, yet have still to meet such a wise man. It is the year of our lord 1763 yet I have still not found any sustenance; thine own heart doth pound at the prospect of the fulfillment.

Speak ye of the gold!

You must fight the bunnies before you gain entrance to the cave of the elixir.

jr9kc.jpg

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

My good man, can you tell me how bunnies doth help me gain the elixir? Is there some secret knowledge you wish to confess to your brethren?

I have searched far and yonder, yet have still to meet such a wise man. It is the year of our lord 1763 yet I have still not found any sustenance; thine own heart doth pound at the prospect of the fulfillment.

Speak ye of the gold!

Sorry, My Good Lord,

What I found in others was temporary, fleeting, sensual pleasure. The bunnies come and the bunnies go. That's the way bunny life is.

It wasn't until I was able to look beyond the bunnies that I was able to look where I should have been looking all the time - within. There are no bunnies in the depth of the Valley Stream - only the Spirit. (Of what?, you ask. The Spirit of Tao, of course.) (But yes, in my illusions the Valley Spirit still exists - just as does the Maiden of the Mist of the Waterfall.)

How does attaining the Bunny help one toward enlightenment? I doubt that it helps at all but it sure is fun.

You must fight the bunnies before you gain entrance to the cave of the elixir.

I can't speak to that. No matter what I could say it would just be Oh!, so wrong.

What I found in others was temporary, fleeting, sensual pleasure. The bunnies come and the bunnies go. That's the way bunny life is.

Sensual pleasure you say, I have much experience in such matters. My good friend the Marquis de sade took many a wench to his boudoir, yet I do not think he implemented bunnies in his spiritual practice, and neither did he receive the elixir.

It wasn't until I was able to look beyond the bunnies that I was able to look where I should have been looking all the time - within. There are no bunnies in the depth of the Valley Stream - only the Spirit. (Of what?, you ask. The Spirit of Tao, of course.) (But yes, in my illusions the Valley Spirit still exists - just as does the Maiden of the Mist of the Waterfall.)

And where is this maiden of the mist waterfall you have experienced carnal relations with? Is she a succubus or sprite; did she impart the elixir to your good self?

The cave, oh that cavern of shining brilliance. Guarded by the bunnies you say, wot know you of the riddle that will be presented to mine own self upon entrance?

To which answer should be given? Know you, or know you not?

You will need to know your name, your quest, your favorite color, and the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow (both African and European).

It might also be wise to brush up on your studies of coconut migration patterns.

EQnaa.jpg

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 3

And where is this maiden of the mist waterfall you have experienced carnal relations with? Is she a succubus or sprite; did she impart the elixir to your good self?

Oh!, I was going to tell you a story but I think I should hold my tongue. Hehehe. (That actually was fresh in my memory because someone told me just this week that they had gone to Niagara Falls and I recalled the tour boat named "Maiden of the Mist".)

You will need to know your name, your quest, your favorite color, and the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow (both African and European).

It might also be wise to brush up on your studies of coconut migration patterns.

Speaketh you of a vegetable from the new world?

Mine own favorite hue is of course gold! Gold! Gold!

Once I receiveth my pestle and mortar from the haberdashery there shall be no barrier to my riches or selections of fine hats for that matter.

Wot know you of the Chinese Alchemy from the east? Doth the Oriental truly know the secrets of producing the elixir?

My good men,

I must depateth, mine own manservant is creating mischief in the scullery and I must hunt the pheasant in the morn.

Bid thee fairly well, I will returneth forthwith... well not so forthwith, but fairly forthwith.

The wisdom I have received this eve doth make my heart sing, we shall have a feast in celebration when circumstances permit.

Adios Amigo's (I picked that up from my friend, the King of Spain)

• Like 3

what you've done is provided me with sources that are still debatable. Tummo is nothing more than bio-feedback meditation. we already knew that you could alter the temperature of the body as well as increase healing through use of the mind. This is the main reason why we have studied the placebo affect. my hypothesis is that the practice of qigong is a form of self hypnosis. in other words you are given a paradigm in which to believe that something will occur, and because the practitioner believes that it will happen, it happens. Just as someone who takes a sugar pill believes it will heal them and they are healed.

Aaron

I tend to agree with you, especially on Tummo. Still there may be levels that are way deeper then hypnotists go accessible to hard core meditators.

Deepak Chopra had an interesting take on placebos. He said when people were administered a certain neural drug, the placebo affect stopped. I think its on this audio or one of the series http://diydharma.org...1-deepak-chopra

I believe his point was that within the placebo affect the mind was telling the body to produce the chemical it needed and the drug interfered. The body may have the ability to produce its own powerful drugs naturally, it's a matter of learning to access it, which might be a very individualistic skill.

Edited by thelerner

what you've done is provided me with sources that are still debatable. Tummo is nothing more than bio-feedback meditation. we already knew that you could alter the temperature of the body as well as increase healing through use of the mind.

I wish we had the means to put Aaron up against those Tibetan monks who were tested a few years back, and see if his self-hypnosis could actually produce the same result in temperature change. I guess a makeshift way of doing this would be for Aaron to take his normal temp, do his hypnosis meditation, and then take his peak temperature and compare the two. See if it comes anywhere close to the results that the Tibetan monks produced. Also do the cold wet sheet test, and see how fast he can dry it or if he can cause it to have visible steam.

It could be said that the monks had years of mastery of this "technique"...so I'd even be willing to give Aaron years of trying to raise his temperature (which is not the point of tummo, by the way) through self-hypnosis, and when he was ready, again see if it compares...because I truly don't think it would. There is more to tummo than simply self-suggestion.

• Like 1

I really meant the Bunnies from my youth - therefore old age Bunnies. That would be the Bunnies in the video Sinfest posted above. Yes, they all were female Bunnies back then.

But, of course, this is completely off-topic.

To be honest, I had never heard of the term (New Age Bunnies) before this thread was started. I really don't pay too much attention to the fads that various parts of society go through.

Before this thread was started I too had never heard the reference to New Age Bunnies... used towards "the new agers"... though I evidently have heard quite a bit on the new age movement... which to me is actually the same old rotten apple covered with a new sugar coat... eat the stuff and you will turn into a god... for many its just another deadly distraction that keeps them spellbound and from realizing the truth and cultivating true life... From my perspective a fundamental issue related to new agers involves the resolution of who's belief will stand and exist? Be it as a way to resolve the issues and integrate all individual gods as one be it to choose the right beliefs to embrace... There are other more subtle level if we are to go into that...

Well i am kinda frustrated from the new agers now

for them whatever you do, its all belief

(snipped)

i mean he thinks that if you believe that it is true than its true for you......its not a universal truth

(snipped)

... forcing me to believe that i am already a God and i am already enlightened lol :D

Are others allowed to force what they want uppon me? NO unless I consent to allow it...

Am I allowed to force what I want uppon others? NO unless they consent to force themselves (which they implicitly do when they choose to force themselves on others)...

The real issue here is to keep from getting entangled into the web of forcing selves --- how to get the bully not to be a bully without bulling them (and becoming a bully oneself)--- while at the same time asserting and cultivating individual freedoms... the key resides in acting just so that energy blows becomes caring caresses while one directs the exercise to do what needs be done... dance/play/move jujitsu style ...

(edited to removed some links that where included somehow)

Edited by et-thoughts

Yep. And don't you know that diseases spread much faster amongst the herd animals than they do amongst the lone wolves?

I wish we had the means to put Aaron up against those Tibetan monks who were tested a few years back, and see if his self-hypnosis could actually produce the same result in temperature change. I guess a makeshift way of doing this would be for Aaron to take his normal temp, do his hypnosis meditation, and then take his peak temperature and compare the two. See if it comes anywhere close to the results that the Tibetan monks produced. Also do the cold wet sheet test, and see how fast he can dry it or if he can cause it to have visible steam.

It could be said that the monks had years of mastery of this "technique"...so I'd even be willing to give Aaron years of trying to raise his temperature (which is not the point of tummo, by the way) through self-hypnosis, and when he was ready, again see if it compares...because I truly don't think it would. There is more to tummo than simply self-suggestion.

God could you be more obnoxious? I mean do you even have to try or does this come naturally? I'm actually pretty certain if you hypnotized someone for a prolonged period of time with an induction focused on the visualization of raising their bodies temperature to combat the cold, they'd be able to do it, probably in less time than it took the Tummo monks, the only difference is that most people wouldn't see the point of the experiment. The majority of rational people find it easier to put a jacket on than to walk out in the snow in their underwear, just saying. Which makes me wonder, what the hell was the point anyways, except to show off? Seems quite un-Buddhist to me.

Aaron

God could you be more obnoxious? I mean do you even have to try or does this come naturally? I'm actually pretty certain if you hypnotized someone for a prolonged period of time with an induction focused on the visualization of raising their bodies temperature to combat the cold, they'd be able to do it, probably in less time than it took the Tummo monks, the only difference is that most people wouldn't see the point of the experiment. The majority of rational people find it easier to put a jacket on than to walk out in the snow in their underwear, just saying. Which makes me wonder, what the hell was the point anyways, except to show off? Seems quite un-Buddhist to me.

Aaron

Once I decided to raise body temperature to combat the cold... and voila I ended in the infirmary with 104 temperature feeling terrible... I learned to be careful when playing around with the controls knobs ... as the saying goes... be careful with what you wish for, for you just might get it... Key is to learn how to wish, learn to dream, learn to think, learn to feel...

Aaron

Steady on chaps ... I don't want this thread to be one of those where I have to put my moderation hat on. Especially as bunnies are involved.

I believe that tummo is part of a yoga practice and the point is to transform yourself using inner heat to gain enlightenment ... the ability to shed clothing is a bye product.

Sensual pleasure you say, I have much experience in such matters. My good friend the Marquis de sade took many a wench to his boudoir, yet I do not think he implemented bunnies in his spiritual practice, and neither did he receive the elixir.

Anyone who would claim Marquis de Sade as a friend, needs more help than anyone on this board could give. As far as wenches goes, de Sade will be remembered most for his perversions, among them pedophilia and sado-masochism, two peccadilloes that kept him from achieving much success with grown women. I 'm sure you believe yourself quite clever, but your lack of knowledge in your purported friend merely shows your ignorance concerning such matters. Pray tell, might you begin to slip back into reality, so we could discuss this fantasy you've been living in? Anyways, I'd rather not participate in your desire for attention, so I'll leave it at that.

Per chance, might you endeavor to learn a bit about Taoism before you become embroiled in a discussion about the topic? Marblehead was referring to Chapter 6 of the Tao Te Ching. Mightn't you go and read it yourself? And for God's sake, quit reading de Sade. There's a reason he was locked up in institutions for most of his life, he was sick and a danger to society.

Aaron

Steady on chaps ... I don't want this thread to be one of those where I have to put my moderation hat on. Especially as bunnies are involved.

I believe that tummo is part of a yoga practice and the point is to transform yourself using inner heat to gain enlightenment ... the ability to shed clothing is a bye product.

I'm sure that's what they believe, but they never seem shy about showing off their abilities for the camera, do they? As far as the need for moderation goes, it would seem to me that mods would be unnecessary if people could refrain from attacking others character, ideas, and beliefs in a juvenile way.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron

Aaron,

God could you be more obnoxious? I mean do you even have to try or does this come naturally?

Real personal growth is challenging. If you're feeling challenged, consider that something good might be happening...and not just that I'm trying to torture you for no good reason. There is a very good reason!

And no I don't have to try, this comes naturally to me.

I'm actually pretty certain if you hypnotized someone for a prolonged period of time with an induction focused on the visualization of raising their bodies temperature to combat the cold, they'd be able to do it, probably in less time than it took the Tummo monks, the only difference is that most people wouldn't see the point of the experiment.

Well, I'm not certain at all about that...you should actually prove it. Not just to anyone here, but to yourself. Doing, and finding out the truth, is better than blindly believing in anything.

Looking up the info on wikipedia, it says that Tibetan monks could raise the temperature of their fingers and toes by "as much as" 8.3 degrees Celsius. So to be fair, lets say that the standard for success in this is a change of 6 degrees Celsius. Or...if you can be in 40 degree F temperatures, sitting motionless, have a cold wet towel draped on your shoulders, then cause it to steam and dry completely...that also counts.

Go for it! Until then, I consider your 'hypnosis being the same as tummo' idea to be laughable. Seriously. These Tibetan monks actually did this...they didn't just talk about it and claim they could, without even trying.

The majority of rational people find it easier to put a jacket on than to walk out in the snow in their underwear, just saying. Which makes me wonder, what the hell was the point anyways, except to show off? Seems quite un-Buddhist to me.

The purpose of tummo is not to raise the body temperature...that's like a side effect. You should actually look into what the practice is, and what it involves, before saying a word about it. It's more virtuous to only speak about things you actually know about.

• Like 2

No offense taken at all.

rabbit51_1024x768.jpg

I'm sure that's what they believe, but they never seem shy about showing off their abilities for the camera, do they? As far as the need for moderation goes, it would seem to me that mods would be unnecessary if people could refrain from attacking others character, ideas, and beliefs in a juvenile way.

Aaron

Well I would suggest that those that show off are not the real deal.

I would like to be unnecessary.