nine tailed fox

New Age Bunnies

Well i am kinda frustrated from the new agers now

for them whatever you do, its all belief

the other day i was talking to a so called spiritual, new age bunny

he said that there are no chakras, no tan tien, no kundalini

its all your belief

he said that if you dont believe in chakras than they dont exist in you and if you believe than they do

one of them said that there is nothing special in mantras too

they say you can get equal and even better results by chanting anything you wish, instead of sacred mantras

another new ager was talking about how sexual transumutation (using sexual energies for spiritual progress ) is nothing but a thought system

i mean he thinks that if you believe that it is true than its true for you......its not a universal truth

if you tell them to practice microcosmic orbit than they will tell you its all belief, there is actually no energy channel like that

it exists if you believe.......i mean they say that they can move the energy anywhere in the body and produce same effect

one of the greatest bunny was really after me.........

he was figthing with me and kind like forcing me to believe that i am already a God and i am already enlightened lol :D

i dont need to do anything, because i am already god

now i am thinking to challange a bunny to fly.....they keep saying that you can fly if you believe but i have never seen any bunny flying these days

so if you wanna become a new ager

just think that whatever practice you are doing right now, its working because of your belief in it

whether its qi gong, magic, or anything

did i mention that

they can even say that qi also exists because you believe

• Like 1

Hahaha I know what you mean...I used to read a lot of new age books that talk about how everything is the result of your believes and to be honest I was brainwashed into that way of thinking for a bit :blush: I used to go around thinking that if I only think positive thoughts then no bad things will happen to me. Then one day out of nowhere I had a serious illness even though I believed i was healthy and I never had any thoughts about being ill. So now now I really don't even know what to believe hahah. But there are some serious flaws to that way of thinking though...like did the thousands of Japanese that died because of the Tsunami believed that they were going to drown prior to the Tsunami? Did Christopher Reeves believed that he was going to get into that accident and never walk again? It just doesn't make sense...

Actually your bunny friend is right on the mark. There's a reason people can sense chi, yet it can't be detected by science. To you it exists, but to most people chi and qi is imaginary. Does it exist? For you it does and perhaps that's enough. After all, must I believe what other people believe?

Aaron

• Like 2

Actually your bunny friend is right on the mark. There's a reason people can sense chi, yet it can't be detected by science. To you it exists, but to most people chi and qi is imaginary. Does it exist? For you it does and perhaps that's enough. After all, must I believe what other people believe?

Aaron

Chi exists even if most people believe its imaginary and even if it can't be detected by science. Today's science doesn't have the technology to detect chi yet but eventually it will be detected. That's like saying in the middle age the earth was flat because people believed it was flat or that gravity didn't exist because Isaac Newton hadn't discovered it yet.

• Like 1

Who says qi can't be detected by science? Are you a scientist? Have you studied science in a legitimate and comprehensive way? Have you actually looked into the studies that have been done regarding 'qi'?

Do you realize that the idea of a subtle energy that pervades all things, that you can play with, use to heal, which is associated with the breath and with life...has been a completely worldwide phenomenon for all of our recorded history?

Not trying to convince you of anything, except that you might not really know what you're talking about!

• Like 4

Well i am kinda frustrated from the new agers now

for them whatever you do, its all belief

the other day i was talking to a so called spiritual, new age bunny

he said that there are no chakras, no tan tien, no kundalini

its all your belief

he said that if you dont believe in chakras than they dont exist in you and if you believe than they do

one of them said that there is nothing special in mantras too

they say you can get equal and even better results by chanting anything you wish, instead of sacred mantras

another new ager was talking about how sexual transumutation (using sexual energies for spiritual progress ) is nothing but a thought system

i mean he thinks that if you believe that it is true than its true for you......its not a universal truth

if you tell them to practice microcosmic orbit than they will tell you its all belief, there is actually no energy channel like that

it exists if you believe.......i mean they say that they can move the energy anywhere in the body and produce same effect

one of the greatest bunny was really after me.........

he was figthing with me and kind like forcing me to believe that i am already a God and i am already enlightened lol :D

i dont need to do anything, because i am already god

now i am thinking to challange a bunny to fly.....they keep saying that you can fly if you believe but i have never seen any bunny flying these days

so if you wanna become a new ager

just think that whatever practice you are doing right now, its working because of your belief in it

whether its qi gong, magic, or anything

did i mention that

they can even say that qi also exists because you believe

Yet ironically you've come to what can only be described as a new age forum to vent you grievences...

• Like 2

well i dont think its a new age forum :ph34r:

is it.........? :o

if new agers are right lol :P

than there is no secret left to discover......no secret techniques,

you dont need to buy new books for techniques......

and the best thing

you dont need to do anything to get enlightenment because you are already enlightened......

if you believe you are enlightened, no need to meditate.......

Edited by nine tailed fox

I mean this is far from an academic discussion group.

Nor is it a straight and serious discussion about Tao.

We have serious debates on topics about invented magical religions, King Arthur, how to be a light warrior and whether Kurt Cobain was an ascended master or not.

These conversations fit firmly in the new age sphere to me.

I'm don't think here's anything wrong with that.

But it might be unwise to separate 'us' and these 'silly new agers', we're all part of the same thing really, albeit with widely differing beliefs, just like Christians.

well i dont think its a new age forum :ph34r:

is it.........? :o

if new agers are right lol :P

than there is no secret left to discover......no secret techniques,

you dont need to buy new books for techniques......

and the best thing

you dont need to do anything to get enlightenment because you are already enlightened......

if you believe you are enlightened, no need to meditate.......

All the secrets have already been discovered.

You should be able to find the Truth without buying lots of new books and you cannot do anything to to get enlightened because there is no separate individual entity.

Paradoxically, until that's seen clearly, there is something that you can do, contrary to what the neo-advaitans would have you believe.

Edited by gatito
  • Like 1

I heard a story about a student who went to his master to get a mantra for healing, the master was in the middle of an intense practice and impatiently told the student to "go away" in Tibetan, the student was so pleased that he had finally been given his sacred mantra and went away and diligently practiced chanting every day and gained a reputation for his healing ability. Belief isn't everything but it certainly plays a big role.

• Like 3

this thread is just a belief ... lol

• Like 2

And I will say, once again, there is an objective, and, a subjective reality for each and every one of us. The objective is what it is but how we interact with it is totally subjective.

If you want to be a bunny then, sure, go ahead and be a bunny. But know that most people are going to think you are crazy. Well, maybe not. Hehehe. There is that old 'herd mentality' that takes people to much higher levels.

this thread is just a belief ... lol

Indeed. It does not exist for those who refuse to look , or haven't looked, at it.

Belief is a product of the intellectual mind. The mind can be very powerful as anyone can testify to placebo effects.

However, IME if you stay limited to the mind you will never be able to basque in the Wu Wei and live spontaneously and calmly, nor can you live in clarity if you are always soaked up in the bickerings of the mind.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Who says qi can't be detected by science? Are you a scientist? Have you studied science in a legitimate and comprehensive way? Have you actually looked into the studies that have been done regarding 'qi'?

Umm... I think I said, science says that. Find me the studies where they've proven it exists. I've already had a long and heated debate about this. My view, if you believe in it, that's fine, there's nothing wrong with, in fact it's no more crazy than believing in Jesus or Buddha. In the end it all comes down to what works for you. The less you judge others, the less you'll be judged yourself.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron
  • Like 2

Umm... I think I said, science says that. Find me the studies where they've proven it exists. I've already had a long and heated debate about this. My view, if you believe in it, that's fine, there's nothing wrong with, in fact it's no more crazy than believing in Jesus or Buddha. In the end it all comes down to what works for you. The less you judge others, the less you'll be judged yourself.

Aaron

Im pretty sure Qi is another word for energy. I am the laboratory, I am the scientist. I dont need a scientist to tell me I didnt have any porridge today because he cant find any evidence of it. Science is basically the current knowledge/ideas of some people of the way things work according to certain theories which are regarded as 100% accurate but are still only theories.

Edited by sinansencer

although a very interesting opening post, I don't see how this is actually any defense for scientifically proving that qi exists. If you want to change the definition of qi, to something more acceptable, fine, but at the same time don't attack other people just because they have a difference of opinion. The title of this thread alone seems to harbor its intent.

Here I was expecting a discussion on new age bunny rabbits, but instead it's an attack on people who doubt the veracity of a practice.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron
  • Like 2

although a very interesting opening post, I don't see how this is actually any defense for scientifically proving that qi exists.

Then you just glanced over it, and didn't really examine any of it.

Then you just glanced over it, and didn't really examine any of it.

Why because I don't buy the hype?

Aaron

• Like 2

Things documented in that thread:

Tummo (inner fire meditation) that deals with accumulating yang chi at the naval chakra.

Tummo master wim hof breaking numerous world records for cold endurance, and having his metabolic responses measured by medical doctors, in conditions that would kill most people from hypothermia.

Tummo master wim hof, using tummo meditation to control his immune system under medical observation.

Dr. Herbert Benson of Harvard medical, documenting tummo monks in the Himalayas raise the temperature of their fingers by 17 degrees and dry wet sheets wrapped around their naked bodies on the coldest nights of the year., and sleep outside in the snow all night without even shivering.

A book that lists all the major Chinese research on qi during the 80's, in terms of electrostatic, electromagnetic, infrared, infrasonic, and other anomalies during external qi emission.

Studies listed on pubmed.gov that document electromagnetic field anomalies emanating from the body during qigong meditation, or from the hands during external qi emission.

Not to mention the "too good to be true" videos of Chang everyone loves to hate.

• Like 1