Sign in to follow this  
Taiji Bum

Herbs, teas and supplements, Oh my!

I just picked up some MU tea. Dont know much about it except it is supposed to help make the body more alkaline. Anybody have more info on this or other Chinese/Taoist herbs or teas that are super healthy.

Plus please enter your favorite supplements if you have any and their effects, how long you've taken them and any relevent info you have on them.

Mu Tea

I ordered Mu tea also, waited, then got an empty tin. I called the company. A man with a chinese accent answered.

"There was nothing in the tin you just mailed me"

"Yes" said the man. I waited for him to say something else, he didn't.

"It was empty, nothing was in it" I complained.

"Yes" answered the man. I waited for an apology. Just silence.

I raised my voice, "I'm a little upset. I ordered the Mu tea. Its supposed to be good for digestion, lose weight, meditate better, clear your mind", by the end I was almost screaming to this idiot.

"Shhh, Shhh, you need more Mu" he said.

"Yes" I said

"I'll send you bigger tin. Mu will help you relax, clear mind" he said

"Yes"

"Same address and credit card number?" he asked

"Yes", I said, the added "Will this one be empty too?"

"Yes, Mu" he said.

I considered. "I'll take two"

Mu...

If you want to make your body more alkaline, I would recommend shakes rich with broccoli/ spinach or any other leafy green vegetables. The way I do it is put 50% of greens and 50% of fruit and blend it. Delicious!

Don't you need any liquid to help them blend? What combinations might taste better for newbies?

Mu

Michael

I just picked up some MU tea. Dont know much about it except it is supposed to help make the body more alkaline. Anybody have more info on this or other Chinese/Taoist herbs or teas that are super healthy.

Plus please enter your favorite supplements if you have any and their effects, how long you've taken them and any relevent info you have on them.

my favorites are:

dong chong xia cao AKA cordyceps sinensis

deer sinew/with antler

ling zhi spores from http://www.concordhealth.com.au/

3 dried longan steeped for 30 min in boiled water b4 bed

shu wu chih

but every body is unique in their requirements...........

I can second the Lingzhi recommendation. Its also known as Ganoderma and Reishi. Note that my experience with it is rather limited (about 10 days), but I have noticed as significant effect, especially in terms of my meditation, skin and sleep. I've looked it up in a couple Materia Medicas: The traditional functions are: 1) to nourish the Heart and calm the spirit, 2)Tonifies the Lung Qi, transforms phlegm and stops coughs and wheezing, 3) Tonifies Qi and Blood. It has a neutral temperature and so can be taken long term without throwing the physiology out of whack. The only traditional caution is that it should not be used for patients with excess conditions (i.e. acute illness, such as a cold or fever). It was listed in the original Materia Medica way back when as the premier tonic herb in the Chinese phamacopeia, more highly rated than ginseng. There has been some research done on it (mostly in China), which I don't have in front of me, but if memory serves, it is being studied for its anticancer effect (there is some Western interest in this), it is used to treat autoimmune disorders in China and Japan, it lowers cholesterol in people with high cholesterol, it has some sort of protective effect on the liver, and it if taken for ten days before going to high altitude, it helps to prevent altitude sickness.

My guess is that this mushroom yields the best effects to someone who is cultivating. At least my experience is that it potentiates the effects of meditiation, and this is where I've been noticing the largest change.

I'm taking a hot water/alcohol extract of the fruiting body (what we'd call the mushroom). A lot of products use the mycelium, which is somewhat like the roots, or else merely ground up mushroom. I can't speak to the effectiveness of either the mycelium or spores, but the historical tradition that I refered to above, as well as the more modern research is based almost entirely upon hot water decoction, or alcohol/hot water extraction. Ideally I'd be using only hot water extract, but the Mushroom Science brand seems to be best bang for the buck that I've found.

Obviously, there is a lot I don't know about this, but it might be worth looking into.

Mu...

If you want to make your body more alkaline, I would recommend shakes rich with broccoli/ spinach or any other leafy green vegetables. The way I do it is put 50% of greens and 50% of fruit and blend it. Delicious!

50 % by weight or by volume?

I think maybe I'm not putting enough greens in, myself.

Cheers,

I

Sign in to follow this