Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

Truth is Universal

As said, truth is universal.

In my reading I came across this and recognized similarities with what I have read from East traditions.

Regarding the Greek / Russian Orthodox Church

* Theoria is the vision of the glory of God. Theoria is identified with the vision of the uncreated Light, the uncreated energy of God, with the union of man with God, with man's theosis (see note below). Thus, theoria, vision and theosis are closely connected. Theoria has various degrees. There is illumination, vision of God, and constant vision (for hours, days, weeks, even months). Noetic prayer is the first stage of theoria. Theoretical man is one who is at this stage.

Theosis-Divinisation is the participation in the Uncreated grace of God. Theosis is identified and connected with the theoria (vision) of the Uncreated Light (see note above). It is called theosis in grace because it is attained through the energy, of the divine grace. It is a co-operation of God with man, since God is He Who operates and man is he who co-operates.

http://orthodoxinfo....difference.aspx

From Chapter 2 of Orthodox Spirituality: A brief introduction, published in 1994 by Birth of the Theotokos Monastery, Levadia, Greece.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

for example.... would the Uncreated grace of God.... or simply... the Uncreated... take the place of non-being? or Yin aspect perhaps...

Theotokos is a compound of two Greek words, Θεός God and τόκος parturition, childbirth. Literally, this translates as God-bearer or the one who gives birth to God;

Theotokos is often left untranslated, or paraphrased as Mother of God. (wiki refs)

I am noticing this is similar to the Yin aspect of Tao?

God bearer... is imagine maybe ... fertile ground, Uncreated, passive... Yin?

The Seed is God... the Created..the active?

Yang arising from Yin?

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about Orthodox Christian theology as I'm not following that path or their teachings...sometimes it's just better to focus on one path instead of jumping from one to the next trying to correlate them all. Just some friendly advice, don't wanna rain on your parade.

• Like 1

:D Maybe truth is universal though and I just can't see it yet. It seems every religion is divided into the outer portion for popular consumption and the inner mystic part for monks/priests. I've heard stories of Orthodox Russian hermit priests that cultivate abilities not unlike Qigong Masters (i.e being able to see "God's Plan" for people....sounds alot like Masters that can read your karma) Edited by The Observer
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this