grady

Shaolin Yijinjing Gengmenpai qigong seminar with Dr. Jiang Feng in China, November 2012.

...he also has a verifiable track record of successfully *transmitting* them [abilities] to his students...

so how can we verify this information?

• Like 1

so how can we verify this information?

I can think of 3 ways off the top of my head:

(1) You can watch the second video that I linked to in this thread and witness multiple students of Shifu demonstrating various abilities.

(2) You can take the word of other people like myself who have visited Shifu and witnessed his students demonstrating similar abilities, many of whom have written accounts of their experiences and posted them publicly.

(3) You can come to China yourself and personally witness/experience Shifu's students demonstrating similar abilities.

• Like 1

(1) You can watch the second video that I linked to in this thread and witness multiple students of Shifu demonstrating various abilities.

(2) You can take the word of other people like myself who have visited Shifu and witnessed his students demonstrating similar abilities, many of whom have written accounts of their experiences and posted them publicly.

(3) You can come to China yourself and personally witness/experience Shifu's students demonstrating similar abilities.

I looked at the video. The teacher, from the video, looks impressive. What I'd rather see is two or three of his students who could do what he could do. Grady, you mentioned you've been with your teacher for 5 years (IIRC), can you do what he can do as in these videos? If not then I'd question why not.

indeed i spoke to one of my friends that visits Jiang every three months for training and corrections, and he confirmed that Jiang's older students (Western ones) do have the capacity to issue Qi in the form of electric current, so in the spirit of honesty i have to admit it could be true, this friend of mine is not fond of nonsense.

nonetheless they don't pay any charges for the training, some indeed do undergo some of the treatment Jiang prescribes but the fact still remains most of them didn't ever pay for teachings and training.

so you can understand my doubts, 4000$ is not peas and carrots.

what can a 10 day seminar offer, that repeated FREE visits and empowerments could not cover?

btw I'm in China as we speak, am very familiar with the lack of transparency people here are used to when doing business, maybe in China is normal and natural, but I'm sure you can understand that in other cultures that can and will come across as shady and double standard.

• Like 1

indeed i spoke to one of my friends that visits Jiang every three months for training and corrections, and he confirmed that Jiang's older students (Western ones) do have the capacity to issue Qi in the form of electric current, so in the spirit of honesty i have to admit it could be true, this friend of mine is not fond of nonsense.

nonetheless they don't pay any charges for the training, some indeed do undergo some of the treatment Jiang prescribes but the fact still remains most of them didn't ever pay for teachings and training.
so you can understand my doubts, 4000$ is not peas and carrots.

what can a 10 day seminar offer, that repeated FREE visits and empowerments could not cover?

btw I'm in China as we speak, am very familiar with the lack of transparency people here are used to when doing business, maybe in China is normal and natural, but I'm sure you can understand that in other cultures that can and will come across as shady and double standard.

You are correct that our Romanian friends visit Shifu for diagnosis free of charge.

I am also very honored to be able to bring those seeking medical treatment to Shifu in this manner.

This statement, however, is mistaken: "the fact still remains most of them didn't ever pay for teachings and training."

I can understand why you would think so, given that different people pay different amounts for different things and under different arrangements at different times.

In short, the seminar I am arranging is different than what others have done in the past. Apples & oranges.

This is a very Chinese way, a very "Taoist" way, to approach every situation as different, and unfortunately the truth is it does often strike our Western minds which crave standardization as "shady" or a "double standard", but it is what it is ... it is *their* way, *their* culture, *their* art, and we must adapt ourselves to it.

"what can a 10 day seminar offer, that repeated FREE visits and empowerments could not cover?"

At the end of the day you get what you pay for, and "free" is often a great deal more expensive than the alternative.

Edited by leandro
  • Like 2

I looked at the video. The teacher, from the video, looks impressive. What I'd rather see is two or three of his students who could do what he could do. Grady, you mentioned you've been with your teacher for 5 years (IIRC), can you do what he can do as in these videos? If not then I'd question why not.

There are at least 2 students performing in that video.

Some things I can do on my own, others I can do with Shifu's or the brother students' help.

I have not yet reached the "gold standard" of the basic training in our school, which is the ability to project qi *without* the aid of Shifu or one of the seniors to first open certain meridian points or irrigate certain meridian channels immediately prior.

To my knowledge there are at present no Western students who have reached that level.

[EDIT: I take that back, I was told about one of the early Western students who achieved a fairly high level in a few years time, but he passed away in a car accident in the late 90's and I don't know much more about him.]

With Shifu's or one of the senior's assistance it's possible to do quite a number of things within just a few years of training, whereas doing them on your own is significantly more difficult.

However having Shifu help is a lot like having training wheels on your bicycle, it does speed the learning process and greatly reduces the risk of injury.

Edited by leandro
  • Like 1

In short, the seminar I am arranging is different than what others have done in the past.

:P

YM

• Like 4

Wasn't Verdesi a student of this guy?

I know someone will disagree with this, but IMO people like this shouldn't be allowed to come to this forum. 4 grand per person just for training for 10 days in very basic methods and what amounts to getting a healing done...that's 40,000 US dollars these people are making for 10 days of "work". What a ridiculous ripoff.

That is pretty pricey! (not inc food and lodging) though who knows, could be worth it.

The problem with such things is that sometimes someone will do something like say bring a group of people over to meet John Chang, not OK it with JC first, them be told no, then them all losing their money (and the promoter guy keeping it). OR the other time where there was a 90% price increase that the actual teacher didn't know about (but fortunately found out later). Then having the same "promoter" show up in a new video with another international teacher... well that should raise a red flag or two.

• Like 1

I am interested in learning qigong, do you know where. Can get details or next semimar and where it will be

I am interested in learning qigong, do you know where. Can get details or next semimar and where it will be

Jiang Feng died very recently unfortunately, apparently during the healing of a patient. Possibly doing all these demonstrations of his "electric qi" took a toll on his body and caused damage...