Harmonious Emptiness

"All CLAN AFFILIATIONS (not people) are treated like STRAW DOGS""

Very interesting.

I'd just like to add that in my understanding it is not that the character fu can be read upside down to mean to read arrived.

........................... "luck has arrived" are the same in Chinese pronunciationwise "fu dao le".

Yes, with the character turned upside down(倒福, dao fu) which means :

福到來 (fu dao le) is "luck has arrived"

Note:

Both characters (arrive) and (upside down) are homonyms.

Edited by ChiDragon

More support of the meanings I was getting from the text here:

Franklin Perkins, Heaven and Earth Are Not Humane: The Problem of Evil in Classical Chinese Philosophy

Reading a small part: he seems to present the problem as unity vs disunity; the ultimate problem as dualism.

Heaven and Earth are often mentioned as united; Heaven and Man, not... so it is a problem in making distinctions.

This is not a metaphysical issue but a practical, humanistic one; bad things happen in life.

So I do find a connection to your opening line use of "do not distinguish between" :)

Whoops.. the last addition there was referring to a comment I made in another topic:

"when talking about ren, it’s not what it’s definition is, but how it was perceived by sages, which is that it was over-systematized. Heaven and Earth’s behaviour doesn’t follow these precepts. Dao follows it’s own way."