Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Quite ordinary

I'd never seen or even heard Eckhart Tolle before. I read "Power of Now" many years ago when it first came out and it really moved me and opened me up on the path. It was through his book actually that I began exploring the Advaitic stream and found some of my dearest teachers: Ramana, Gangaji, Papaji, Wilber, and Adyashanti. There is something really beautiful and powerful that comes through his presence, I wasn't expecting this, I was very touched watching this video. Thanks for posting.

Sean

Thanks for posting this. I didn't think to look on youtube! I've been buying and listening to his CDs..really awesome. What do you think of it?

T

I really like Tolle's teaching. When I read them I get a nice sense of calm. His words and presence are certainly enlightened but in the long run I don't know how tranformative it is. His teachings are by no means radical or new, they're the basis of much Buddhism and certainly Krishnamurti was 'preaching' the same thing 60 years ago.

I admire the German mystic, but he is so different in temperament and lifestyle that its harder to fully connect with him. I listen to Michael McAllistair on Theinfinitesmile.com. Here is an enlightened(?) person speaking the dharma, but he's married, has a dog, lives in the states, watches basketball. Mostly the same message, but the messenger is living a life closer to mine.

Michael

Sign in to follow this