Basher

Feng Bo (Earl of the Wind) aka Fei-Lian

According to the late Professor Chee Soo, who taught the various Li / Lee Family Arts. The "Internal" Kung Fu style known as "Fung Sau" or "Feng Shou" (roughly translated as "Hands of the Wind") was so called because used in self defense, your opponant shouldn't be able to see your (counter) strike coming, just feel its effect. Nice theory.

He also mentioned the Earl of the Wind was called Feng Po. With the outward appearance an old man, wearing a blue & red hat, a yellow cloak and standing on the green grass of Heaven. In his hands he held a sack and whichever direction the open mouth of the sack pointed was the direction the wind moved in. From a soft breeze to a deadly tornado.

Over the years I'm surprised that I've not seen any statues of Feng Po. But have recently been made aware that the God's name should more correctly be Feng Bo. Also, when not in human form his name is Fei-Lian or Fei-Lien. He has the horns of a Bull, a Stag's Body, a Snake's Tail, but the head of a Sparrow !

Also, it appears that he's recently been usurped by Feng Po Po, Goddess of the Wind.

My Question is, has anybody seen / got a statue or painting of Feng Bo ? As I'd really appreciate seeing a photo of one or getting some additional information on this "troublesome" God.

Cheers

Basher

• Like 1

This image is located on a Japanese site, but the description

is 風伯神, which I believe translates as Feng Bo God. Looks like possibly a Japanese

version of Feng Bo. Anyway, if you search on 風伯神, you may come up with

other images.

sei03_1632.jpg

I am guessing that you were probbaly not looking for images like this however. :)

m02.jpg

Many thanks for all your efforts Virtue, much appreciated.

I'll attempt to search for more, using the information that you've provided.

But am obviously still interested in anybody else's photos / information etc..

Basher

Edited by Basher

This is a nice read. Many thanks