Sign in to follow this  
tumoessence

Body remodelling - knees?

Thank you for the suggestion on the elbows. I went to the doctor today resigned to the idea that he would suggest surgery for the knees. I have stretched ligaments at least possibly a ripped miniscus. But he suggested that I get physical therapy for the knees.

I thought I'd ask about suggestions for the above problems and also what experienced RMAX practioners would suggest from Sonnon's exercises that would be good for the strengthening the knees. Furey's hindu squats didn't really fo my knees any good to put it politely, and I know I was doing them correctly.

If you're interested in a systemic remodeling and getting to the root of the issue, I suggest seeing a practitioner of Rolfing/Hellerwokr/Structural Integration. My speculation is that you have patterns of holding and using your body that are deeply ingrained from your years of construction work. They may not be the most effecient patterns for you and is causing systemic problems like in your knees and elbows. If you just "fix" the knee or the elbow, it doesn't really resolve the core issue.

Some years ago I experienced knee pain everytime I got done with my Aikido training. I checked in with a Rolfer. Sure enough, I had severe external rotation from the hip on down. So everytime I walk, I was destroying my knee and ankle. The intensity of the martial arts training just aggravated it and make it a lot more pronounced. I went thru a series of work to correct all sorts of fascial constrictions that was causing me to use my body in very inefficient and harmful manners. More importantly I got my Rolfer to teach me how to walk, sit and run in a structurally sound and efficient way. Since then, my knee problems never returned.

I cannot stress enough the value of expert advice from competent practiotioners. Several hours of reeducation can sometimes save us a lifetime of suffering and fumbling in the dark.

There is a common misconception that a body part/joint that is in trouble is somehow weak and needs to be strengthened. The real situation can be more complex than that. There is usually a group of muscles that are holding on too tightly and some which are too streched out. Any strengthening needs to happen after the imbalance has been corrected. Else the problematic pattern just got more solidified and etched into the body.

For rebuilding the knee structurally, TCM has many tried-and-true herbs and formulations thanks to thousands of years of experience with broken bones and torn ligaments in wars and street fighting.

Intu-Flow has been nothing short of amazing for me and the wife...its like you are your own chiropractor or massage therapist. Its made us both feel younger by reducing or eliminating joint pain and I have had my fair share of injury. I recomend it to all of my friends.

Intu-Flow has been nothing short of amazing for me and the wife...its like you are your own chiropractor or massage therapist. Its made us both feel younger by reducing or eliminating joint pain and I have had my fair share of injury. I recomend it to all of my friends.

I can second that.

How long have you been doing intu- flow. What level.

do you mind giving me the 'intuflow for dummies' short explanation of what it is?

thanks,

T

It's hard to explain without going into detail.

It works all your joints and connective tissue from the neck down. Starts with simple more or less square movements - side to side - front to back Next level makes circles. Next level figure eights. Each level uses more whole body connection and flow than the previous one.

Here is an explanation in Scotts words

http://www.rmaxinternational.com/mambo/ima...os/intuflow.mov

The written advertisement

http://www.rmaxinternational.com/mambo/ind...hop&Itemid=

And last but not least someone doing it on youtube.

He seems to be combining different levels and not doing everything as it takes about thirty minutes to complete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cICJIIRF8ps...ted&search=

It's hard to explain without going into detail.

The (very) short explanation is "joint rotations". He just goes through all the major joints and rotates, often in a number of ways. Starts simple (but is thorough), and builds. By rotating the joints it promotes circulation through the connective tissue of the whole body (not just locally at the joint).

Sign in to follow this