Sign in to follow this  
Humble

Flavor of energy

What ways are there to "flavor" chi/prana/mana/ what have you?

Energy can be cooled or heated to some extent by will, but how would you refine it into a superior energy for healing? Someone mentioned "hot" "cold" and "shocking" chi balls, (which sounds a bit much like Skyrim, but I digress) how does one change the "flavor" of it?

Breathing techniques? Different trance states? Someone help me out.

Note; not looking for super burning powers or to zap people( won't turn down that advice tho. ;D ) just looking to cool my energy and body while meditating.

what do u feel when u feel chi?

Usually a major increase in body temp, I sweat like I just ran a marathon. Hot spots and occasional very minor burning sensations. Of course this accompanies the "magnetic pressure" kind of feel in my body and a feeling of pressure around my head that feels like I'm wearing a massive hat that goes down to my eyes. My girlfriend has felt this feeling from me up to two or three feet from my body. She says it feels like the air is "thick and tingly". I have felt heat, cold and a sudden shock like a static discharge but mostly the pressure and warmth/heat.

Besides qi that you develop or move in various practices, there is also qi of nature. Look at the stars...that is a type of qi. Look at the moon, that is qi. See the light streaming through the windows in the morning, that's qi. Smell the aroma of tea leaves, more qi. Notice what feels good to you. For instance, I noticed one evening that having light curtains blowing in a gentle breeze created a really good qi flow in the room. So it's not just thermal static magnetoelectric types of energy that are qi...those types are like a coarse level of it...like lower dantien level. Whereas the qi all around us, that which is carried by the wind, is a more refined and usable level. It's good to clear the channels...but when they are open, you become more aware of the natural qi.

Some spiritual people say that everything is vibration...and every thought or feeling we have radiates out. Someone who feels anxious, for instance, has a certain kind of energy...versus someone who feels very warm and loving. So besides qigong, there is also the virtue aspect, where you can create the type of qi that's good for your environment. Or where you can be aware of the qi in nature, and connect with it...that will cultivate good things within.

Some say that there are levels that you can work with, which have an effect on each other. Like there is the level of heart feeling, the level of what we think, the level of internal flow of qi, the level of our course breath, the level of our body. Each level could be thought of as a different type of qi to work with. Cultivate good heartfelt feelings, and it will create good thoughts, which creates good qi flow, which causes the breath to flow smoothly, which makes the body healthy. Think good thoughts, you'll have good feelings. Practice breathing, and it will empty your thoughts, to create good feelings and cause good qi flow. Etc.

How to cool your energy...well, what do you practice? For you personally, because of TBI, I would think that practices which raise the body temp should be kept at a minimum. The brain can overheat pretty easily, and IMO it will actually cause brain damage if you raise your core temp slightly too much. Anyway, you know what's working for you...only a suggestion, if you notice things are getting uncomfortable. Otherwise, connecting with nature is really good for balancing and cooling your energy, I think.

Wow, I hadn't thought of qi in that manner before Scotty, I'll definitely work with that. Thank you!

Sign in to follow this