Sign in to follow this  
Smile

Live over 150 years- Calorie Restriction Diet

Michael Winn posted an article on this insane diet called Calorie Restriction Diet.

Basically you eat about 1,300-1,800 calories every day and eventually starving. Research on mice and other animals showed that if you starve the animals, they live about 50% longer then other animals fed on rich calorie diet. So the whole movement is based on this research and they all hope they live about 160 years.

Personal opinion- it makes sense in many ways but the problem is you will look like a skeleton after a few months of this. So even if you live 150 years or so, most of it will involve drooling over food and counting calories. Fun!!!

Michael Winn posted an article on this insane diet called Calorie Restriction Diet.

Basically you eat about 1,300-1,800 calories every day and eventually starving. Research on mice and other animals showed that if you starve the animals, they live about 50% longer then other animals fed on rich calorie diet. So the whole movement is based on this research and they all hope they live about 160 years.

Personal opinion- it makes sense in many ways but the problem is you will look like a skeleton after a few months of this. So even if you live 150 years or so, most of it will involve drooling over food and counting calories. Fun!!!

I've been monitoring the Life Extension Org..It's true that calorie restriction prolongs life in fruit flies and stuff, with humans, it's not so clear. In fact Mr. Walford died not too recently at a normal age. Anyway, Life Extension org will probably come out first with the supplement that mimics calorie restriction..I don't think it's too far off. Right now it seems we should definitely be taking resveratol..

T

Where there have been food shortages and people have been forced to eat less

they were pretty healthy. When there were no longer shortages they stoped

being as healthy. So there is a cut off point. However, I wouldn't go out of my way to

restrict calories. A vegetarian or nearly vegetarian diet is good for life extension and if

done properly should have a lower calorie content.

Seventh Day Adventists live, on the average, seven years longer than the general population.

Periodic fasting is supposed to extend life and is supposedly better for one's health.

mYTHISmAKER and I just finished a three day water fast.

Anyone read The Hunger Artist by Franz Kafka?

Edited by mYTHmAKER

I just found 'A Hunger Artist' by Kafka. Read it... Kafka aint my bag, but modestly interesting.

Ok, this thread is a bit old, I hope it's ok that I post on here.

I've been searching for a topic like this on the forum, and I have made some personal experiences only today.

Yesterday I said to myself, that from now on I'm not going to eat that much anymore. And after just one day I can say,

that one get's a different feeling about food.

I had just this one bowl of millet gruel and oatmeal this morning instead of two and I looked at the food and made myself clear, that this is it, This is the only food I will have until noon and I need to get along with it and take as much nutrients as possible out of it.

That's a total different attitude of valueing what you have instead of eating yourself full until it annoys you.

The point I want to make is, that it's not just about counting calories and discipline, because these factors alone probably won't get you very far. I've done such things before in other areas of my life and after an excessive control phase always follows the release phase, when you need to escape the prison you have built yourself just before.

So I think the only way to benefit from this is training your body to get more out of the food and I think the only way, that this is possible is by valueing it and eating it slowly and conciously. That's when one is going to start to do these things naturally.

By the way, I felt much lighter and more active today.

Maybe that didn't cut the topic so much, but then again, who cares about a six-year-old thread.

Sign in to follow this