Christian

I do not wish to be here

I don't think they delete accounts like that because what you state even the 20 something post you made are part of the archive that is the Tao bums.

Personally I'd just stop coming here if I felt as you do rather then try to insult others. Move on your own path rather then scoff at the paths of others.

• Like 4

The Tao that can be spoken of is not the eternal Tao, so how can you determine whether or not somebody actually knows anything about the Tao? My point is that you're placing your own expectations about Taoism on others, when you should be focusing on your own practice rather than how other people are practicing. When you begin to compare your own practice the others you are competing. One of the three jewels states that we should not be in competition with others, so by stating that you are leaving because other people are not practicing Taoism, you are showing your own ignorance. I would recommend reading the Tao Te Ching again and paying attention to the sections about virtue.

I would be happy to help you out in this regard if, if you want.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron
  • Like 2

Let Christian go.

Why change Christian when he/she has made up his/her mind up.

He/she has accomplished his/her mission here.

Let's do it the Taoist way............Wu Wei.

• Like 3

a lot of us practice a more dynamic daoism than the idealized "simplicity of the unhewn log"

we have thoughts, opinions, interests, and dynamic, busy lives. We don't spend our every day sitting on rocks forgetting our names and functions and staring at butterflies while contemplating sagely passages.

but the dao is all pervasive and nobody is far from it. it is closer to each of us than the pulse in our necks.

i agree with aaron, and advise you not to idealize daoism.

Edited by anamatva
  • Like 2

Let Christian go.

Why change Christian when he/she has made up his/her mind up.

He/she has accomplished his/her mission here.

Let's do it the Taoist way............Wu Wei.

I don't think anyone is telling him to stay, just pointing out how his actions show he's still got much to learn about Tao. In fact I will quote one of my favorite Taoist sayings right now, "Don't go away mad, just go away." There is that better?

Aaron

I don't think anyone is telling him to stay, just pointing out how his actions show he's still got much to learn about Tao. In fact I will quote one of my favorite Taoist sayings right now, "Don't go away mad, just go away." There is that better?

Aaron

Oh...when I said: "let Christian go" I meant not just physically but mentally as well. I don't think Christian is mad but just want to go away. Can you see that the name "Christian" is telling us something.

The way I understood "Wu Wei". I will not even going about interfering with one's thinking such as "I would be happy to help you out in this regard if, if you want." You see what I meant....???

• Like 1

Most people here are very far away from the Tao.

Please delete my account.

RUN AWAY!!! You may already be tainted by us nonTAoers. It may already be too late, by posting here the TAo will have it in for you and the TAo will punish you, because the TAo is like that. RUNNNNnnnnn

Seriously

seems like a childish request. can't trust yourself to walk away and not keep posting.. believe me your writings here may as well have been written in sand on the beach.

• Like 1

Most people here are very far away from the Tao.

Please delete my account.

I like what Christian wrote (of what i'd read of his posts he was cutting right through the bullshit) and I don't blame him for stating this the way he did. Besides, he's not lying.

It is true, after all.

Who here is that close, hmmmm?

• Like 1

That's the secret, shhhhhhh

Quite right. The fact is, so many of you could actually nail it yourselves, without knowing it. But that's not good enough.

And what is so pathetic about that is even though it is possible to see it and say it oneself, who will dare to admit it, much less actually accomplish it, hmmmm?

I see a few asses riding asses looking for their asses, but who has actually seen their ass without a word?

Whenever I've gotten any one of you in a corner, all you can say is "I'm satisfied with my life." Which proves you haven't gotten to the end of it yet.

If you don't know death right now, you do not know life. The matter of life and death is the closest any one of you will ever get to entering the tao in reality. Even those who see essence can fail in terms of falling into the nest of emptiness and cling to it the way you all do to ordinary relativism.

It really is not easy at all. It is very difficult, even in the aftermath of realization, to break down the experience of absolutism the same way one must break down the habits of a lifetime of doubts, in order to understand delusion on its own terms right here, right now.

The working definition of being close to the tao is entering its mystery in its reality— and this is ground zero right here.

So get off your asses and try to see it without naming it. It's not that you can't— you just can't until you stop.

@deci: i usually like your posts but that one seems extra judgemental... yuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh78T--ZUxY

personally, i don't presume to judge others, i try not to even ponder them. And since the dao that can be spoken is of course not the true dao, i am surprised that you find it appropriate to judge the progress of us pilgrims through our written word.

Edited by anamatva

@deci: i usually like your posts but that one seems extra judgemental... yuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh78T--ZUxY

personally, i don't presume to judge others, i try not to even ponder them. And since the dao that can be spoken is of course not the true dao, i am surprised that you find it appropriate to judge the progress of us pilgrims through our written word.

Isn't that a judgement of deci belle?

which part did you find judgmental?

That's an Interesting reply but it doesn't actually answer the question.

Never mind. Thanks anyway.

Quite right. The fact is, so many of you could actually nail it yourselves, without knowing it. But that's not good enough.

And what is so pathetic about that is even though it is possible to see it and say it oneself, who will dare to admit it, much less actually accomplish it, hmmmm?

I see a few asses riding asses looking for their asses, but who has actually seen their ass without a word?

Whenever I've gotten any one of you in a corner, all you can say is "I'm satisfied with my life." Which proves you haven't gotten to the end of it yet.

If you don't know death right now, you do not know life. The matter of life and death is the closest any one of you will ever get to entering the tao in reality. Even those who see essence can fail in terms of falling into the nest of emptiness and cling to it the way you all do to ordinary relativism.

It really is not easy at all. It is very difficult, even in the aftermath of realization, to break down the experience of absolutism the same way one must break down the habits of a lifetime of doubts, in order to understand delusion on its own terms right here, right now.

The working definition of being close to the tao is entering its mystery in its reality— and this is ground zero right here.

So get off your asses and try to see it without naming it. It's not that you can't— you just can't until you stop.

Well it's nice to know that you're right and everybody else is wrong, that really makes things so much easier doesn't it? Should we start calling you Master Deci Belle or is Deci Belle still fine?

Aaron

Edited by Aaron

Well, I like it here and plan to stay for quite some time. Get used to it!

Perhaps for many lifetimes. :D