Sign in to follow this  
Universal

Bruce Kumar Frantzis

I've only read "Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body" but it's very good material. It was one of the first books on Taoist practices that I read.

He's highly respected as a teacher.

Bruce has everything and the kitchen sink in his system, he is a master web weaver. It is his main strength as far as i'm concerned. It is however handy, and advisable IMO to have a compass :D

Best

Kumar is a rather controversial figure in some circles. He is constantly being attacked as not having the "real internal" because his injuries prevent him from overtly displaying certain kinds of martial movement. That said, those I have spoken with who have actually trained with him say that while he may not always be the most personable instructor he definitely has a lot to teach.

I was trained by one of his instructors, without having heard of him... From what I could feel from this instruction, he is the real deal.

The teacher who has been my most helpful guide to practicing the internal dimension of Tai Chi Chuan spent time studying with Bruce. Through him I have met several life long students of Bruce who still find him a source of discovery. I haven't had an oppurtunity to practice with them, however.

As for his books, I have quickly read bits from a number of them but have applied myself (and still do) to his Taoist Yoga. In terms of the practice it communicates, I am still very much a beginner but it has already benefited my playing of Tai Chi Chuan.

Edited by PLB

Sign in to follow this