Naix

Hello. How do I get the qi out of my head?

Hi there. I've been lurking this forum for about a year and it's been a big help to me so far. I don't really practice qi gong very much, but I'm taking a tai chi class that we do about 10 minutes of qi gong in. I'm more into yoga and meditation at this point.

One thing I was wondering is how to make the qi go down out of your head. I started doing a practice from the Bhagavad Gita where you focus on the point between your eyebrows and after doing it for a while I start to get a lot of pressure there and sometimes even burning pain in my brain. I was wondering if anyone knew any effective methods to get this qi to go down the functional channel perhaps? I've read some stuff about microcosmic orbit and I keep trying to get it to go down by putting the tongue on the palette and trying to focus the energy down, but it doesn't really work. Any advice for a newbie?

Hi...

What make you think it is the qi in your brain that was causing the burnig pain....???

Because it only happens when I raise qi to my head.

You could start working on your lower centers, from the root up, in the manner prescribed by Satyananda Saraswati, who is awesome. You could start by tracking down a copy of Kundalini Tantra by said author and working with the yoga therein.

He advises students to start with their ajna chakra then move from the root up, thats why i mention it.

good luck

You could start working on your lower centers, from the root up, in the manner prescribed by Satyananda Saraswati, who is awesome. You could start by tracking down a copy of Kundalini Tantra by said author and working with the yoga therein.

He advises students to start with their ajna chakra then move from the root up, thats why i mention it.

good luck

Wow, what a coincidence! I get all of my practices out of his book Yoga and Kriya, which is an amazingly useful book. I also have the book you mentioned which I just started reading a few days ago. It seems like it too will be a very useful book. That's interesting that he says to start with the ajna and then go from the root up because that's exactly what I've been doing so far.

Has anyone mentioned getting stoned yet? That will wipe everything out of your head.

Haha I do regularly. I find I can much more easily control qi, but it still gets stuck in my head. I had a crazy experience once where I felt like my head was getting sucked out of the top of my head and it felt like a huge amount of energy poured into me. That time I could actually kind of control it and make it go down into my body. It was weird though, it seemed like the energy had a mind of its own and was moving around my body by itself like it was looking around. Weird. :blink:

Haha I do regularly. I find I can much more easily control qi, but it still gets stuck in my head. I had a crazy experience once where I felt like my head was getting sucked out of the top of my head and it felt like a huge amount of energy poured into me. That time I could actually kind of control it and make it go down into my body. It was weird though, it seemed like the energy had a mind of its own and was moving around my body by itself like it was looking around. Weird. :blink:

I really can't speak to your situation as I have never experienced it myself. Are you sure it's not something that is happening because of something you read or heard? The thought behind that question is whether or not it is something you are causing or imagining?

As always, your questions are more important to you than any answers you might get.

It is often good advice to say "find one practice and stick with it, find an experienced teacher to guide you through" but I'll offer another suggestion since I don't do that practice.

Focus on the dantien instead, and focus your vision on a point in front of you on the floor or the wall, with clear thoughts and desires. Eventually (depending on how long you've been meditating altogether. Could be months, could be 20 minutes) you will probably feel energy rise up by itself to around the same space on the forehead, by which time you won't have to "put" your focus there with any forcefulness as it will just be there and you can be aware of it while also not focusing too much on it.

One of the Taoist additions to meditation is to allow things to happen rather than trying to force them. A lot of this is often done by starting with the dantien energy center below the navel where you can also point the center of your palms for more focus. From there, things usually do as they need to.

It is often good advice to say "find one practice and stick with it, find an experienced teacher to guide you through" but I'll offer another suggestion since I don't do that practice.

Focus on the dantien instead, and focus your vision on a point in front of you on the floor or the wall, with clear thoughts and desires. Eventually (depending on how long you've been meditating altogether. Could be months, could be 20 minutes) you will probably feel energy rise up by itself to around the same space on the forehead, by which time you won't have to "put" your focus there with any forcefulness as it will just be there and you can be aware of it while also not focusing too much on it.

One of the Taoist additions to meditation is to allow things to happen rather than trying to force them. A lot of this is often done by starting with the dantien energy center below the navel where you can also point the center of your palms for more focus. From there, things usually do as they need to.

That's good advice. I do tend to be pretty ADD when it comes to these types of practices, but I think now that I've done a lot of exploring I'm ready to settle in to a single practice. I don't think the qi in my head is really a big deal so far I was just curious if there was a certain method to get it down just in case I ever have an overload. I read a book about embryonic breathing and it says to focus on the dantien too. I've had some success with doing that, but sometimes I feel like I can't find the correct location of it. I guess I have to just do it until I develop more of a feeling for the dantein. Thanks.

Guest RBSA

Yes getting stoned is a solution . I got the same sensation with a lot of pressure in my brain after different practices . The solution is to work not with your brain but with your eart . Remember what Jesus said .

Place you attention/awareness in your tantien.

Stop focusing on your ajna

It really hurts when i hit myself in the head - ever occur to stop the hitting

Guest RBSA

Allow me to disagree . Your source is not tantien but your ?

What is your source ?

My source is my experience.

Focus gently on tour tantien and your breath will follow.

Of course if one is interested in visions stay with the ajna

been there done that - plenty of time to be out of my body when i no longer have one :)

Hi Naix,

I can't speak any more to your percieved problem but I just had a terrible acceident here in my world: Brain derailment! I'm just now getting the cars back on the track.