Sign in to follow this  
RiverSnake

Solar Flares and Human Consciousnes

Found this video and thought it was very interesting. If this is true then the next 6 years will be very important for Spiritual Cultivation. I plan to use it to its fullest. Every TaoBum will supposedly profit very much more than usual from hitting the Zafu. Enjoy. B)

-My 2 cents, Peac

Interesting video. The number of sunspots the sun produces follows an approximate eleven year cycle; i.e., the number of sunspots being produced on average on the sun goes from one sunspot cycle maxima to the next sunspot cycle maxima following a fairly sinusoidal shape over approximately eleven years. I am not sure what the person speaking in the video is basing his prediction on that the sunspots will be noticeably 'different' for six years, but it is true that solar scientists are currently predicting the sunspot maxima for the current solar sunspot cycle (cycle #24) to be the lowest maxima (lower average amount of sunspots at the maximum point in the current sunspot cycle) to occur in about the last 100 years. This sunspot maxima for the current solar sunspot cycle is currently predicted to occur somewhere in the Spring of 2013.

So, the average number of sunspots being produced by the sun in this current solar sunspot cycle is predicted to be quite a bit less than it has been for about 100 years. That is one identifiable difference in sunspots that seems to be occurring right now. There could be other differences as well in regards to sunspots that can occur. This has to do with the magnetic type classification of sunspots. Sunspots can be classified into magnetic types of Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Beta-Gamma, Delta, Beta-Delta, Beta-Gamma-Delta, and Gamma-Delta. More than 50% of sunspots typically fall into the Alpha and Beta classes (see http://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/help/the-magnetic-classification-of-sunspots). Delta class sunspots have the potential to be very active and produce the most intense solar flares. So, another way that sunspots could be 'different' is for there to be more occurrences of certain classes of sunspots than usually occurs on average. I don't know if scientists have ways of predicting what classes of sunspots are likely to occur other than by basing on current observed trends.

Taoists tend to view the body as a microcosm of the universe, with changes/effects occurring in the cosmos relating directly to changes/effects in the body. I don't know exactly what the speaker in the video is referring to when he says the sunspots will be 'different' for six years, but any changes in sun activity/behavior should relate directly to changes happening within people as well, according to the Taoist view, although this may possibly be very subtle and well below the average person's awareness level. :)

Sign in to follow this