Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

Yoked to Earth: A Treatise on Corpse-Demons and Bigu

Daoist Diet, Bigu, abstention from grains, abstention from cereals, Three Worms and grains, abstaining from grains, energized fasting

https://sites.google.com/site/delawareteasociety/yoked-to-earth-a-treatise-on-corpse-demons-and-bigu

I personally think that diet is an extremely important part in attaining....

I have noticed how different foods dramatically effect mental and physical well being.

What if one didn't need to meditate forcefully and a pure mind/ natural state was achieved through the consumption of pure food etc...

You are what you eat ?

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Haven't read yet. Seems interesting I'll have a look.

Of course diet is important.

However it does not replace qi gong nor meditation. It can make it easier or harder.

I have met a few taoists practicing bigu. It is good, but only for some who already have good basics in alchemy/meditation. Besides, they would say it was not really for mediation itself, but rather to purify the body and make it stronger.

• Like 1

Haven't read yet. Seems interesting I'll have a look.

Of course diet is important.

However it does not replace qi gong nor meditation. It can make it easier or harder.

I have met a few taoists practicing bigu. It is good, but only for some who already have good basics in alchemy/meditation. Besides, they would say it was not really for mediation itself, but rather to purify the body and make it stronger.

^_^ Cool

I found this article to be very good.

Bigu is something I would like to try... I have been off grains etc for 3 days now :) - any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have been vegetarian (95%) for 5 years now with the occasional fish

I think this change will have dramatic effect as my diet before consisted primarily of grains / starches / gluten

Though with lots of fruit too

I've been bigu for the past ten weeks, in its paleo version, which calls for abstaining from nearly all carbs and starches in addition to all grains (i.e. all starchy vegetables like potatoes and root veggies and squashes, most fruit, all sweeteners including the "natural" ones like honey, and all beans -- including all soy products.) The deal is very high fat (mostly animal sources, butter, and quality saturated fat like coconut), moderate protein (from organic grass-fed meats and seafood, partially raw, game if you can lay your hands on it, eggs) and (for those who tolerate it well) fermented dairy (kefir, raw cheeses, preferably sheep and goat), with unlimited nonstarchy vegetables and some berries on the side. The experiment is in full swing. It is surprisingly easy (the three monsters wither within three days if you do a cold-turkey transition -- I wouldn't recommend doing it gradually, you're either a sugar burner or a fat burner, it's a metabolic switch you flip -- and flipping it halfway is a stuck position. If you go cold turkey on carbs and starches, it takes about a month to switch. THEN the fun really begins. :))

The extent of my "cheating" is limited to a spoonful of sugar in my coffee and occasionally different (and more) fruit than just a handful of berries. Otherwise I've followed it very strictly and love the effects so far.

White Wolf, if you've been a vegetarian for the past few years, I believe your initial approach may need to be somewhat different though. If you don't eat meat, the body shuts down the production of digestive enzymes and downregulates the hydrochloric acid for processing it (it's a feedback loop, pun unintended -- if you don't feed your digestive system a particular type of food, it learns to save on the enzymes expenditures -- our metabolic economies are frugal, and if you teach your body there's no use for proteolytic enzymes, it will stop making them or at least downsize the production to a minimum.) So when you reintroduce it, you have to do it gradually in smallish amounts and take proteolytic digestive enzymes with your meals.

• Like 3

Look forward to hearing more. Continued good results to you! :)

Thank you, Rainbow! :wub:

I'm no stranger to using myself as a combo of the research scientist AND the lab mouse wrapped into one. With diets, there's hardly anything I haven't explored empirically (except for the most idiotic ones like the FDA pyramid). I know by now how to watch myself for what it's doing for me or to me without falling prey to an ideology (did it once, with vegetarianism -- stuck it out a whole year! -- even though it was clear in three months that it's not working. Ideologies tell the body to shut up and do what the dominant baboon the ideating mind tells it to. I promised mine it won't happen again. :D).

• Like 1

White Wolf, if you've been a vegetarian for the past few years, I believe your initial approach may need to be somewhat different though. If you don't eat meat, the body shuts down the production of digestive enzymes and downregulates the hydrochloric acid for processing it (it's a feedback loop, pun unintended -- if you don't feed your digestive system a particular type of food, it learns to save on the enzymes expenditures -- our metabolic economies are frugal, and if you teach your body there's no use for proteolytic enzymes, it will stop making them or at least downsize the production to a minimum.) So when you reintroduce it, you have to do it gradually in smallish amounts and take proteolytic digestive enzymes with your meals.

This is important point. I hurt my stomach having started eating normal food too fast and not gradually after beeing on vegetables and fruits , some seeds and nuts only for a while. Smallish may also mean literally few spoons in the begging to reintroduce yourself to the normal food slowly.

• Like 1

Just to add feedback that eating this way (predominantley frutis)worked really well for(awesome in many ways),infact I too am getting back to it now for another longer period .

The only thing that really bothers me is social aspect of having dinner, meeting new people, at work etc..it gets tiering and imbaressing after a while to stand out .

• Like 1

When I had fish/seafood it was usually sushi..not very large amounts - hmm sushi

I agree with the small introduction if I considered eating meat again.

I haven't had fish in awhile now and I think that will stop for the most part.

I think I have been starving myself with the starches etc

I had some Quinoa the other day...soo good and satisfying.

I'll have to find more things without starch, gluten etc as a primary... I think quinoa will be the foundation though.

I am already feeling more energetic ^_^

I will be trying the recommendations of Dr Sebi... an African man helping his people go back to a more natural state of eating and living... Alkaline food and natural... I was amazed at some of the unnatural foods... like carrots, apparently developed by a dutch man... this hybrid food is a mix match of frequencies which result in starch etc...

Something like Quinoa is as it was in the beginning, as nature intended = perfect.

This Taoist text correlates with a lot of what he says + the article is very well referenced with recent scientific evaluations.

The text also basically says by eating a certain way one can obtain immortality.

Or it makes the path vastly easier... you don't have to deal with the 3 worms playing with your emotions, dreams and health + according to this, good food opens up the energy channels in your body (natural state)... as opposed to the bad food (unnatural) causing energy blockages.

Which if you read the effects of say gluten you would begin to see how this is possible...in terms of mind state

eg: Wheat rose to prominence in China towards the end of the Longshan eventually replacing millet as the principle grain by the Dynastic period (Pechenkina, Benfer and Wang 2002). It has been carbon date

d from mummies dating to 2,650 BC suggesting a very old trade with the Middle East. Wheat and related species present some interesting pharmacological features which Daoist adept might have intuited or experienced based on the constant scrutiny of his body and the reactions it had to certain substances and techniques of meditation. With clinical data linking gluten to every thing from Celiac disease (Ch'ng and Kingham 2007) to schizophrenia (Eaton 2004) also selected as early as (Ross-Smith 1980) to autism (Kawashti 2006) though this is debated (Christison 2006) and “brain fog” there is a lot of convincing evidence for a wheat or gluten free diet, beyond the chorus from various health fad diets. There is evidence that “wheat, rye, and barley proteins as aids to carcinogens” (Hoggan 1997) as well as spiking blood sugar and insulin levels and damaging proteins (via advanced glycation end-products) especially if it were to be combined with other factors such as genetics, poverty and population density and supplemental diets. The “brain fog” can be linked to opioid substances called gluten exorphins, opioid peptides that have similar effects on the brain as narcotics (Fukudome 1992; Huebner, Lieberman, Rubino 1984, Fanciulli 2005). Gluten hyrdolysates and gluten stimulatory peptide activate and block and bind to brain receptors at once producing dysphoria, and to the sensitive, possibly psychotic symptoms. Research confirms that they trigger more hunger, a sort of “comforting” lethargy and then more cravings, so they actual cause hunger, something that Daoists have always alleged. There is also evidence grains in the diet can incite production of natural killer cells (Hoggan 1997) pancreatic disorders and even ADHD.

Well 4 days of Bigu diet // no grains/gluten, starch, dairy, meat, sugar and I was feeling the best I have felt in a long time... more energy, joy and was beginning to feel very open and connected / electric :)

To experiement decided to go back to the above... minus meat to observe the effects... was basically noticable from the first intake of such elements... now day 3 ish feeling down... + lower motivation.

I was feeling very creative with this energitic buzz and very focused / clear + seem to be functioning from a higher level in terms of desires, outlook + thoughts etc... positive, progressive, creative without any effort...natural state... looking forward to getting back on track now!! I can almost taste the Divine ;) haha ... I am excited by the possibilites of prolonged practice!

Love you all :)

Peace!

My opinion on this is that many international companies have been feeding the mass majority of 1st and 2nd world nations poison for at least 5 decades maybe longer. This is one of the main variables in controlling a population. Control what they eat, control how they think, control how they live.

Hope your organic pure diet works out ^_^

Edited by GeoBall
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this