Skiddum88

need a little help

Hey all nice to meet everyone. I'm learning yang tai chi chuan I've been studying for 2 months and been using chi for a long time and really didn't know I was. I learned it from a video 8 9 years ago. I just thought it was extra Oxygen getting to my brain that helped me get rid of my head aches. I couldn't understand what was happening when my body started awaking. Now that I've been studying yang tai chi chuan and chi kung I finally understand. My teacher in tai chi had helped with some of the meditation process but he's only studied Tai chi. So I'm learning everything else from books and asking him about things and some he knows buy his master. But some he don't and there's not an instructor for 50 miles if anyone can help me here and there our some advice would be nice. I've learned microcosmic orbit I'm still working on letting my mind flow with the chi with out having to visualize it allot and focus my mind and breathing together, inner smile got that one especially when I use the six healing sounds. I think it's cause I relax allot more when I'm doing the sounds. And one my master taught me while doing tai chi he discribed it as a hurricane spinning the outer Cayious and finding my way into the inner piece through the movements. And then keeping it to relax that much more and feeLing the chi run through it's channels. The healing sounds and the last one is more of my favorites cause just the feeling of it it's completely calming feeling it flute through my body like water in a river but energizing like en electrical currents that's just been charged and ready to go. But anyways I'm gonna but the toas inner light of healing. awakening the chi. The one I'm reading is chi kung iron short. And mantak chia tai chi fake jing. I know there father along thanI am but I've learned afoot of the basics from them. I'm waiting to get the first book awaking chi. but yeah anyone who can give me some pointers. Out some student exercises would be Great thanks all

There are a variety of systems out there with a variety of methodology.....its important to first ask what are you looking to achieve through your practice?

-My 2 cents

That's a Very good question and thanks for asking cause I haven't really thought about it but what I'd like to get out of it is this. I'd like to be able to achieve my fullest potential from tai chi and the internal arts. I don't wanna be snow to say hit someone ten feet away our learn things like the sands of the red palm or anything I'm more of a inner person I want to be able to achieve The inner piece and strength like the iron rapped in cotton-iron shirt and iron palm to be as good as I can be at the marital part of tai chi a well as the internal. And I know tai chi is just one of those things the more you do out the better it's a life tone pursuit. I like being at piece but I love the feeling of right in the morning when I wake to sit there and meditate letting the chi respond and feel it charge me better than a pot of coffee at the same tome still being relaxed. I've been focusing on the meditation cause the books say not to do the exercises With out an instructor and I haven't got some of the meditation quit as well as I would like maybe never cause I'm the type that likes to get things just prefect and if I feel im still focusing to hard out trying to hard to let my mind few with the chi then I won't move on tell I think I got it down just right. microcosmic orbit. Just a reference. But you kinda understand kinds what I'm getting at. I wanna be just as good as I think I can be at everything I'm it. I don't care how good someone else is I'm not trying to master them I'm trying to master myself. think that about sums it up in a nut shell.

So you want to be skilled in:

1. Internal Arts

2. Martial Arts

-It is quite common for people on the path to also be practitioners of martial arts. The two tend to balance each other out.

It seems like you are already practicing Tai Chi and have an Instructor. Ideally you would now like to find a good form of Chi-Gung which will help you along in the Internal Arts aspect of your practice.

Books can be of great help, but they are ultimately quite limiting.

There are a variety of good systems of Chi-Gung which are simple enough to learn from a DVD and still be of enormous benefit. Here is a list, feel free to experiment and feel out which one is best for you and also attempt to go to a seminar of one of the teachers the system you are drawn to.

1. Spring Forest Chi Gung: http://www.springforestqigong.com/

2. Gift of the Tao: http://www.qigongamerica.com/

3. Flying Phoenix Chi Gung: http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

4. Spontaneous Movement Neigong: http://www.easterninternalarts.org/

There are many other systems, but being in the Taobums bubble these are the systems i have heard the most positive things about. Best of luck.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen
  • Like 1

Thank you so much for your help. I wish I had someone close enough I could go to class a couple times a week our everyday but there a ways off from me so I will definitely look into these. thank you so much again. I can't even echoes how much just this little help means to me and please know I'm being serious not rude or anything I really do mean it thank you.

Np, Skiddium. Here is another practice i have heard good things about. A teacher of the system used to be on this site but stopped posting because the debates here can sometimes get pretty intense and superficial.

5. Celestial Neigong: http://spirittao.com/page3/DVD.html

-My 2 cents, Peace

I think I finally figured it out the orbit. I've been ocusing on one spot and trying to fallow it through the belt. Like trying to track a stone in a swift river. I think I've got it now just seeing the hole thing and letting my mind go with trying to focus on were my mind is in the general belt i find it pretty close to my breathing but it still needs a little practice but I'm getting there I believe ours not aggravating like the other way its more calming.

K found the problem. Why I've been getting so aggravated. I've been going about this all wrong. I need to go from one place to the next. Getting each started then letting it few between each once there all done right. Instead of just expecting then to be going on call. Maybe once I'm more attuned to it they will but not right away

Edited by Skiddum88

I think I finally figured it out the orbit. I've been ocusing on one spot and trying to fallow it through the belt. Like trying to track a stone in a swift river. I think I've got it now just seeing the hole thing and letting my mind go with trying to focus on were my mind is in the general belt i find it pretty close to my breathing but it still needs a little practice but I'm getting there I believe ours not aggravating like the other way its more calming.

K found the problem. Why I've been getting so aggravated. I've been going about this all wrong. I need to go from one place to the next. Getting each started then letting it few between each once there all done right. Instead of just expecting then to be going on call. Maybe once I'm more attuned to it they will but not right away

Can't believe I missed that. Huuu. walk before trying to run. Stress and just exited about learning all this. that's why I've been getting aggravated cause there all shut down so now that I've worked that out and finally done it right for the first time lol it works and is extremely effective. Here that makes me mad that I missed the main part of this simple meditation. O well learned something from it

Can't believe I missed that. Huuu. walk before trying to run. Stress and just exited about learning all this. that's why I've been getting aggravated cause there all shut down so now that I've worked that out and finally done it right for the first time lol it works and is extremely effective. Here that makes me mad that I missed the main part of this simple meditation. O well learned something from it

Hey once again thank you for all you're help I find allot of useful things in those links I even bought a couple videos. And themicrocosmic orbits allot easier to do now that I got everything going properly lol its hard top get everything started at first but once you get everything unblocked its become so much easier. Thanks again for ask your help

Hey once again thank you for all you're help I find allot of useful things in those links I even bought a couple videos. And themicrocosmic orbits allot easier to do now that I got everything going properly lol its hard top get everything started at first but once you get everything unblocked its become so much easier. Thanks again for ask your help

Its so crazy all these people always think they need a cup off coffee I'm the morning if they only new how much energy how much power there bodys really held and stored every day. its crazy and all the gotta do is learn how to build it up and then tap into it coffee would be a thing off the past lol just a few simple meditations in the morning a simple exercise or form it'd be that Easy and they'd be off and going with100 times more energy thena cup of coffee lol