Sign in to follow this  
omnibot

Well

Hello, the name is Gabe and I am currently in Oakland.

I came by the site on a Google search and thought I'd register.

I am by no means proficient in Taoist philosphy nor do I practice a set of exercises other than those I have devised myself.

However, when I was about 12 I read the TTC and was in awe of the images and concepts that arose in my mind which have since affected my outlook and view on existence.

I look forward to learning more in-depth studies of the philosophy and hopefully I can contribute to the site as well.

:D

*edit - I forgot to mention that I am a 26 year old student.

Edited by omnibot

Hello, the name is Gabe and I am currently in Oakland.

I came by the site on a Google search and thought I'd register.

I am by no means proficient in Taoist philosphy nor do I practice a set of exercises other than those I have devised myself.

However, when I was about 12 I read the TTC and was in awe of the images and concepts that arose in my mind which have since affected my outlook and view on existence.

I look forward to learning more in-depth studies of the philosophy and hopefully I can contribute to the site as well.

:D

*edit - I forgot to mention that I am a 26 year old student.

Yo omni,

Welcome. Not sure how good a site this is. But it can only get better with more people. So welcome.

Hey Gabe. I live in Oakland too. I think I've seen you around, your face in your avatar looks really familiar.

omnibot1.jpg

:)

Sean

Omnibot! I haven't seen one of these since I was a kid. I remember staring fondly at the pictures in the Sears catalog, for hours, thinking of all the wonderful thing this robot could do. I was certain he'd be nearly sentient, or at least appear to me. In the very least, I was eager to have my own robo-slave eager to do my bidding.

My parents got him for me for Christmas as the BIG GIFT. I was so much in awe, I couldn't believe it. :lol:

Then I played with him. My God, he was just a big, slow remote controlled car! :angry: I don't think I was ever so disppointed in anything in my life, not even when I discovered the truth about Santa Claus.

A good lesson, though. Looking at the picture, my nose tingles with the dust that collected on his plastic dome.

Then I played with him. My God, he was just a big, slow remote controlled car! :angry: I don't think I was ever so disppointed in anything in my life, not even when I discovered the truth about Santa Claus.

:lol:

Yeah there wasn't much too it except the novelty of using it to bring my pops a beer, haha.

Sign in to follow this