Sign in to follow this  
kentucker4

Does anyone else get sick after static qigong?

I just want to know if there are others out there like me. My nervous system gets really sensitive after qigong practice and lasts for 2 days usually....but it always feels good during practice...i have OCD and that problem becomes huge after qigong think horrible thoughts that make me feel horrible in general....my kungfu instructor keeps telling me to ignore it and its part pf the process but at the same time he tells me he never had any of these feelings...

i have been doing it for 3 months and now only do it once or twice a week because of the sickness also feel extreme brain fog, spacey headed feeling and just hporrible like i am clogged up everywhere.....but i can also feel good stuff like everything around me is moving in slow motion and i am hyper alert of every little detail...and my sleep problem has improved hence why i havent quit it altogether

but the OCD feeling is overqwhelming at times...horrible horrible thoughts that i am too ashamed of to share on this forum.......i used to be addicted to a strong beno medication and my neverous system is still weak because of that and drinking sometimes on the weekends always knocks me back down a few pegs on progress, so i keep telling myself this is my problem and qigong is not the problem,,,,but at the same time i have doubts...

does anyone else feel mentally and emotionally sick after qigong practice???

I practice a form where you hold your arms and hands out infront of your dantien in a circle and raise them up to out in front of your chin while breathing in and imaging a ball of blue energy resting in my palms connected to my breathe like a pulley system and then palms facing down and move arms and hands down toward the dantien while breathing out and still imagining the pulley system connected to the ball of energy....it feels great while i am doing it...but afterwards it feels too powerful for my body to contain....i do this for only 30-40 mins once a day twice a week....i was doing it successfully 5 timnes a week and had reached a plateu where i felt great everyday after doing it but then began drinking a lot on the weekends and my nervous system went back to helll....so i wonder if the problem is the qigong or drin king on the qweekends....its difficult to tell ...

Edited by kentucker4

Well, based on what your saying I'd say drinking is the problem. If you're binge drinking on the weekends, this is definitely A problem, if not THE problem (from a health perspective, not making a moral judgment.)

I practice neigong in a different system, so comparisons might be futile...but I've never really felt "sick" per se after doing my practice. I have felt dizzy and maybe a little nauseous after long or "intense" sessions, but never to the point where I felt it was a problem or a sign of something wrong.

A couple of ideas to help you circulate and digest what you are generating in your static posture:

1. Do some kind of movement to complement your static work. Body-weight squats, for instance - but could be anything (hatha yoga, any aerobic activity like bike riding).

HinduSquats200h.gif

2. Explore self-acupressure, various things from that link - avoid anything too intense. I suggest that you include massaging the Liver channel.

MsgAcuCh_Liv.jpg

Both of the above will help you assimilate and process what you're generating and will help resolve (at least to some degree) the "clogged" feeling and (hopefully) some of the related thoughts.

i do this for only 30-40 mins once a day twice a week...

Decrease the amount of time you practice to maybe 15 minutes or so.

Those are just my thoughts and are not a substitute for qualified in-person advice. :)

best of luck,

Trunk

p.s.

Suggest exploring self-acupressure over a long period of time. The "clogged", OCD, drinking, etc ... a number of things you said all point to this being potentially quite helpful for you over the long haul.

.i was doing it successfully 5 timnes a week and had reached a plateu where i felt great everyday after doing it but then began drinking a lot on the weekends and my nervous system went back to helll....so i wonder if the problem is the qigong or drin king on the qweekends....its difficult to tell ...

It is obvious that the culprit was the drinking on the weekends.

Edited by ChiDragon

A couple of ideas to help you circulate and digest what you are generating in your static posture:

1. Do some kind of movement to complement your static work. Body-weight squats, for instance - but could be anything (hatha yoga, any aerobic activity like bike riding).

HinduSquats200h.gif

2. Explore self-acupressure, various things from that link - avoid anything too intense. I suggest that you include massaging the Liver channel.

MsgAcuCh_Liv.jpg

Both of the above will help you assimilate and process what you're generating and will help resolve (at least to some degree) the "clogged" feeling and (hopefully) some of the related thoughts.

Decrease the amount of time you practice to maybe 15 minutes or so.

Those are just my thoughts and are not a substitute for qualified in-person advice. :)

best of luck,

Trunk

p.s.

Suggest exploring self-acupressure over a long period of time. The "clogged", OCD, drinking, etc ... a number of things you said all point to this being potentially quite helpful for you over the long haul.

I do my qigong right after and/or between my kungfu practice...so there is a lot of moving and squatting down going on.......yeah...that liver line is helpful..thanks....i also get 2 hour traditional full body Thai massages every week......here in Taiwan they are cheap. And sometimes a full body Chinese massage.....i guess drinking has to be the main culprit.........guess i need to stop....but even my kungfu instructor said he drinks a bit on the weekends and said there should be nothing wrong with it....of course he doesnt know i used to be an alcoholic and then hooked on sleep meds....well, he knows the sleep meds part....i didn't drink this past weekend and don't plan on anytime soon...i have to try and advance my qigong practice to restore my body and nervous system to it's original state.

I do my qigong right after and/or between my kungfu practice...so there is a lot of moving and squatting down going on....that liver line is helpful..thanks....massages every week....i guess drinking has to be the main culprit.....of course he doesnt know i used to be an alcoholic and then hooked on sleep meds...

Obviously super important to stop the drinking especially in your case.

imho, massage (even a 2 hr) once a week is not enough. Important to include a little bit of self-acupressure most days to complement your weekly massage + all else that you're doing. In the long run it will go a long way towards opening your channels.

.so i wonder if the problem is the qigong or drin king on the qweekends....its difficult to tell ...

A simple experiment would be to stop drinking and see what happens.

Also watch your sugar and caffeine intake Sugar in all forms - white brown honey fructose etc :)

<snip>

of course he doesnt know i used to be am an alcoholic

<snip>

^^^ Fixed that for you... ;)

i didn't drink this past weekend and don't plan on anytime soon...i have to try and advance my qigong practice to restore my body and nervous system to it's original state.

^^^ I'll fix that for you again... ;)

.............:D

Edited by ChiDragon

Like it ! :lol:

I just drink once on the weekends...how is that being an alcoholic?

Anyways....I am conducting the no drinking experiment so I can know once and for all......haven't drank in 11 days and want to see that if in a month and a half or 2 months of no drinking if I improve or not. Once i improve...i don't want to drink ever again...i am tired of this vicious cycle....feel like a hamster running on a wheel.

Heavy Kungfu practice with lot's of sweating also makes me feel bad each day....but nothing like when the qigong is added on top of it.

And I do self accupuncture using my hands on the areas 3 inches below the wrists and rub my ears....any key places i need?

Okay, i just clicked on the liver channel link...will buy once of those massage thingies...they are everywhere here at the night markets and shops.

Edited by kentucker4

Sign in to follow this