Lindelani Mnisi

I hunger for more

Hi DNB, :)

Apparently we all act according to our belief systems, however varied they may be.

Your main argument or justification for spreading fear and caution is because the poster is 15 years old.

Is that valid? Aside from the fact that I started learning about spiritual practices at a much earlier age, let's examine your belief.

:)

TI

Greetings Brother :)

My main argument consisted of two factors -

Age being one of them = he's 15

And my other criteria, was based on the posts he wrote,

[which I Also Included/Quoted]

This is a Forum, which means everyone, gives Feedback, Based on their Own Personal Experience and Opinion.

After all, Opinion is the gateway to individual, subjective reality

Here I will Quote from something I posted on one of My Own Threads:

Each one of these 'sub-categories' would be taught on a 'Merit system' -- not all of my students would be taught everything, due to the simple fact, that some can easily abuse/misuse these systems.

http://www.thetaobum...ral-body-gongs/

However, your post is not beneficial for learning, does not present a positive attitude and does not help people. You said:

"Once the 'head is cracked open'... a straight jacket is not too far behind "

It is not right to misrepresent truth because you estimate that the audience is too young, not capable or in some way not worthy. Your statement is more a reflection of your own state of mind.

We owe it to our children that they learn proper techniques, correct understanding and establish themselves in true knowledge.

TI

If I decided to teach him, let's say,...the Red Phoenix, I would be laying down My Own Karma = [Responsibility], should he have a bad experience.

He stated his parents were "Traditional"

Let's extend this scenario to a possible conclusion:

[This is Very Logical Scenario - In My Opinion ;)]

If he started having bad visions, his parents would probably think he was on drugs...and maybe say "I told you not to do that stuff"

Now what?

His parents take him, maybe to a Psychiatrist, because he keeps seeing "Ki ghosts" [that is how he found this forum, by Googling "Ki Ghosts" (sic)]

Who's responsible?

Who's getting "Sued"...?

Who's Karma is on the line, here?

If I went to Court, with a print out of the links you provided... what would happen?

[i would lose lol]

Of course, this is the Western World, not China, [or India, etc.,] and the mind frame in the Western world is not geared for Indigo Children.

And then there are indigo children.

And then they are using third eye opening to help blind children in China.

Unfortunately, the videos are not in English..

TI

I am an Asperger, which many consider Indigo Children: I went through hell

When I signed a Release Form to Learn the Red Phoenix- 'crack open the head'...The Release Form asked if I was "18 years, or Older'....

Why? :)

In USA, if a child acts up in class ["Help! I see Ki Ghosts!"]- the police are called and he is cuffed and maybe tazed.

As I quoted, above: each of my students are taught on an 'Individual Merit System'

My spiritual intuition, tells me the Original Poster, is not ready for "cracking open the head"

[To remind you, there is a frequent poster here, who is seeking answers for his Kundalini, which is destroying him...& wants to know, if Ibogaine will stop it. Things have a way of going wrong]

Quote from Original Posters Tao Bums Profile;

Lindelani Mnisi's Profile

About Me

Im basically an immitature and curiouse teenager

"immitature and curiouse teenager"....I guess he is saying he is "Immature and Curious"...?

Tibetan_Ice... you feel it is wise for this Teenager to force open his Third Eye?... Seriously?

Again, this whole thread is about THIS Particular Young man, to which You say:

Hi DNB, :)

Your main argument or justification for spreading fear and caution is because the poster is 15 years old.

Is that valid?

However, your post is not beneficial for learning, does not present a positive attitude and does not help people. You said:

"Once the 'head is cracked open'... a straight jacket is not too far behind "

It is not right to misrepresent truth because you estimate that the audience is too young, not capable or in some way not worthy. Your statement is more a reflection of your own state of mind.

We owe it to our children that they learn proper techniques, correct understanding and establish themselves in true knowledge.

TI

Edited by Disabled Not Broken
  • Like 3

Do people want to have grand visions to make themselves feel special?

Not necessarily. Some people may want grand visions (or spiritual experiences or siddhis or whatever you want to insert) so they can have some solid evidence that spiritual pursuits aren't a waste of time.

I know that was the case with me, and still is to some small extent.

There are enough physiological and psychological benefits to my practices to keep me interested even if the "spiritual" stuff turns out to be bogus.

Not saying that spirituality is bogus...just saying I don't believe in anything I haven't experienced. I don't disbelieve it either - I'll wait to experience the evidence so I can know firsthand if it's real. For instance, chi - I don't KNOW that it's real - but the evidence from my practices indicates it probably is, and is DEFINITELY worth further investigation.

Of course, one can never find out if they're not willing to experiment. :)

Hi DNB :)

You know there is an old expression: "Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig loves it".

So let's get down and stinky, shall we?

You don't seem to be acknowledging that age is not a barrier. I've said what I said about it.

Here I will Quote from something I posted on one of My Own Threads:

Let me help you out with this:

In that post, you said:

This "Body" you are training- like any muscle - gets stronger through practice and Time.

-- Diamond, Gold Body, Immortal Body - the Body that lives on after physical death

With practice- long distant healing can be attained

Giving Shaktipat to someone at a distance

Chakra work is enhanced- and many hidden conduits and ganglion of 'energy plexus' reveal themselves (there are more than 7 chakras- the ancients knew of 7 planets, and liked keeping things in patterns of 7)

Telepathy, melding your thoughts with another...

Shapeshifting...Assuming transferred consciousness to organic life forms...

[many more...]

Spirit World visitation, Inter-Dimensional Bleed-throughs, Time-Lock 'play'...

You know, there is another old expression. "Those who know, do. Those who don't, teach." This of course does not apply to authentic gurus/lamas/Buddhists/Taoists.

Not only do you seem like a travelling salesman for siddhis, but you seem to have the mistaken notion that you can convert the astral body into a golden body or a diamond body. You know, I've never heard of that and I've read many many books.

About the healing, you are either an authentic healer, in which case, instead of talking about it you would have healed Mike (the ibogaine notion) after healing yourself, or you are a feeble mind trying to convince yourself and others that these things are possible through developing the astral body.

Although all the things you've mentioned are some of the minor siddhis realized by most competent Buddhist practioners, they are a side-effect from a true path. They serve to convince the mind that it is progressing and also to help separate the authentic teachers from the wanna-be's.

If I decided to teach him, let's say,...the Red Phoenix, I would be laying down My Own Karma = [Responsibility], should he have a bad experience.

I get your point about teaching dangerous practices. To me, ignorance is dangerous.

Red Phoenix is not a third eye practice. It is a third eye and crown practice, very much similar to kriya spinal breathing or targetted bhastrika. And yes, you would be responsible. An authentic guru or lama takes responsibility for his/her students. But that implies certain abilities which apparently you don't have or have mysteriously forgotten about which is exemplified in how you behave.

When I first learned Kunlun, during one meditation, I saw a vision of a land of water (one big ocean) with a red sun in the sky. As I attempted to 'go there', I saw Max standing there waving his finger at me, saying "You are not ready to go there yet". So I pursued my practices and eventually did get to that planet.

When I did 10 days of Buhta Shuddi mantra (108 recitations which took 2 1/2 hours), my guru manifested a red rose for me in the astral plane as a sign that I had completed my initiation and shaktipat.

The point is, an authentic teacher/guru will meet you on the astral planes and guide you. It is something to experience. If you are as advanced as you seem to be by your writings, you should have no trouble taking care of your students from the astral planes. Yet, you balk at the idea and spread fear and confusion.

If he started having bad visions, his parents would probably think he was on drugs...and maybe say "I told you not to do that stuff"

Now what?

His parents take him, maybe to a Psychiatrist, because he keeps seeing "Ki ghosts" [that is how he found this forum, by Googling "Ki Ghosts" (sic)]

Who's responsible?

Who's getting "Sued"...?

Who's Karma is on the line, here?

If I went to Court, with a print out of the links you provided... what would happen?

[i would lose lol]

Just hold on a minute. I'm not selling irresponsible teaching or practices. The sources I quote are not occult nor are they flying by the seat of the pants. The references are from valid teachers and teachings, with authentic teachers/gurus who stand behind their practices. You are trying to make is seem like my links are dangerous when they are not. Proper practice with correct understanding from an authentic teacher is the key...

Of course, this is the Western World, not China, [or India, etc.,] and the mind frame in the Western world is not geared for Indigo Children.

I am an Asperger, which many consider Indigo Children: I went through hell

When I signed a Release Form to Learn the Red Phoenix- 'crack open the head'...The Release Form asked if I was "18 years, or Older'....

Why? :)

So wouldn't you have the intelligence to make your students sign a waiver too if you couldn't attend to their needs remotely through astral travel? What? Not quite there yet? I too signed the waiver. It was quite theatrical, wasn't it?

In USA, if a child acts up in class ["Help! I see Ki Ghosts!"]- the police are called and he is cuffed and maybe tazed.

As I quoted, above: each of my students are taught on an 'Individual Merit System'

My spiritual intuition, tells me the Original Poster, is not ready for "cracking open the head"

Perhaps you could tell us more about him, since you have developed your astral body into a golden body and are capable of discerning his karma, his past lives, his present life and future ones.. If you are going to talk the talk, then you better be prepared to walk the walk.. Prove it to us.

[To remind you, there is a frequent poster here, who is seeking answers for his Kundalini, which is destroying him...& wants to know, if Ibogaine will stop it. Things have a way of going wrong]

I am familiar with Mike's case. You are just spreading more fear here. Mike didn't arrive at kundalini through spiritual practices at all. And, in Mike's case, spiritual practices aren't going to help much because 1) his state precludes him from performing practices to the required level of efficay and 2) Mike isn't interested in spirituality, and 3) I think that Mike doesn't believe any of this stuff and is very reluctant to let anyone inside his psyche, like an authentic healer.

Mike needs an authentic healer/guru/lama to ground his kundalini and give him a hand. Perhaps you could? There are a few people here who seem to talk big but do nothing. I pray for Mike, that's what I do.

Tibetan_Ice... you feel it is wise for this Teenager to force open his Third Eye?... Seriously?

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said 'force'. If you can't understand my point of view, the need for proper instruction from authentic teachers and teachings, there is not much point in even talking to you.

Again, this whole thread is about THIS Particular Young man,

No, this thread is now about your bullshit. Your spreading of fear and ignorance. Your propping your ego up on a pedestal so that others innocents and unknowers can stroke your ego and give you some sense of meaning, belonging and authority. When in reality, if you were capable of doing everything that you have implied in your other posts on this forum, your approach would be entirely different.

Just so you know I mean you no harm, I only hope that you examine your mind and see how it is functioning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracles_of_Gautama_Buddha

Gautama Buddha was alleged to possess superhuman powers and abilities; however, due to an understanding of the workings of the skeptical mind, he reportedly responded to a request for miracles by saying, "...I dislike, reject and despise them,"[1] and refused to comply. He allegedly attained his abilities through deep meditation during the time when he had renounced the world and lived as an ascetic. He supposedly performed such miracles to bring the most benefit to sentient beings and he warned that miraculous powers should not be the reason for practising his path.

Miraculous Powers

The Mahajima Nikaya states that Buddha had more superpowers than any other being including being able to walk on water which is further verified in the Angutara Nikaya. Buddha could multiply into a million and then return, he could travel through space, he could make himself as big as a giant and then as small as an ant, walk through mountains, he could dive in and out of the earth, he could travel to Heavens to school the Gods and return to earth.

Now that is something to strive for. Isn't it?

Be well.

TI

I have been a member of the Taobums for awhile and have found it to be a bit of a routine to see people come online and talk about how they were doing third eye exercises and it really screwed themselves up psychologically. I have also known one person personally whom experimented with 3rd eye meditations and had very negative experiences with it.

The 3rd eye (from what i here?) is a very powerful center and should not be forced open, but from my understanding opened up naturally. When practicing cultivation it is best to have a balanced practice that is a tried and proven method for spiritual cultivation. Tibetan Ice if you know of a proven and balanced practice that focuses singularly on the 3rd Eye and ignores the rest of the body as the original poster seems to be experimenting with...then by all means you should forward that meditation to him.

Tibetan Ice it seems you got the impression that were hating on the 3rd eye and saying it is a center that should be ignored...this is not the case. I am simply a fan of balanced and stable practices which build of the energies of the body and slowly open one's centers naturally without the ego saying: "Oh this center looks really cool lets open it!"...crack!!...bad shit happens as many people have testified to.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen
  • Like 1

You know there is an old expression: "Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig loves it".

So let's get down and stinky, shall we?

You don't seem to be acknowledging that age is not a barrier. I've said what I said about it.

Let me help you out with this:

In that post, you said:

You know, there is another old expression. "Those who know, do. Those who don't, teach." This of course does not apply to authentic gurus/lamas/Buddhists/Taoists.

Not only do you seem like a travelling salesman for siddhis, but you seem to have the mistaken notion that you can convert the astral body into a golden body or a diamond body. You know, I've never heard of that and I've read many many books.

About the healing, you are either an authentic healer, in which case, instead of talking about it you would have healed Mike (the ibogaine notion) after healing yourself, or you are a feeble mind trying to convince yourself and others that these things are possible through developing the astral body.

Although all the things you've mentioned are some of the minor siddhis realized by most competent Buddhist practioners, they are a side-effect from a true path. They serve to convince the mind that it is progressing and also to help separate the authentic teachers from the wanna-be's.

I get your point about teaching dangerous practices. To me, ignorance is dangerous.

Red Phoenix is not a third eye practice. It is a third eye and crown practice, very much similar to kriya spinal breathing or targetted bhastrika. And yes, you would be responsible. An authentic guru or lama takes responsibility for his/her students. But that implies certain abilities which apparently you don't have or have mysteriously forgotten about which is exemplified in how you behave.

When I first learned Kunlun, during one meditation, I saw a vision of a land of water (one big ocean) with a red sun in the sky. As I attempted to 'go there', I saw Max standing there waving his finger at me, saying "You are not ready to go there yet". So I pursued my practices and eventually did get to that planet.

When I did 10 days of Buhta Shuddi mantra (108 recitations which took 2 1/2 hours), my guru manifested a red rose for me in the astral plane as a sign that I had completed my initiation and shaktipat.

The point is, an authentic teacher/guru will meet you on the astral planes and guide you. It is something to experience. If you are as advanced as you seem to be by your writings, you should have no trouble taking care of your students from the astral planes. Yet, you balk at the idea and spread fear and confusion.

Just hold on a minute. I'm not selling irresponsible teaching or practices. The sources I quote are not occult nor are they flying by the seat of the pants. The references are from valid teachers and teachings, with authentic teachers/gurus who stand behind their practices. You are trying to make is seem like my links are dangerous when they are not. Proper practice with correct understanding from an authentic teacher is the key...

So wouldn't you have the intelligence to make your students sign a waiver too if you couldn't attend to their needs remotely through astral travel? What? Not quite there yet? I too signed the waiver. It was quite theatrical, wasn't it?

Perhaps you could tell us more about him, since you have developed your astral body into a golden body and are capable of discerning his karma, his past lives, his present life and future ones.. If you are going to talk the talk, then you better be prepared to walk the walk.. Prove it to us.

I am familiar with Mike's case. You are just spreading more fear here. Mike didn't arrive at kundalini through spiritual practices at all. And, in Mike's case, spiritual practices aren't going to help much because 1) his state precludes him from performing practices to the required level of efficay and 2) Mike isn't interested in spirituality, and 3) I think that Mike doesn't believe any of this stuff and is very reluctant to let anyone inside his psyche, like an authentic healer.

Mike needs an authentic healer/guru/lama to ground his kundalini and give him a hand. Perhaps you could? There are a few people here who seem to talk big but do nothing. I pray for Mike, that's what I do.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said 'force'. If you can't understand my point of view, the need for proper instruction from authentic teachers and teachings, there is not much point in even talking to you.

No, this thread is now about your bullshit. Your spreading of fear and ignorance. Your propping your ego up on a pedestal so that others innocents and unknowers can stroke your ego and give you some sense of meaning, belonging and authority. When in reality, if you were capable of doing everything that you have implied in your other posts on this forum, your approach would be entirely different.

Just so you know I mean you no harm, I only hope that you examine your mind and see how it is functioning.

http://en.wikipedia...._Gautama_Buddha

Now that is something to strive for. Isn't it?

Be well.

TI

I am finished with this debate.

I have stated my opinions.

You have stated, yours.

Now, let This Thread stand,...

As a Testimony & Witness, [to my initial argument],...

that "Forcing Open the Third Eye, can lead to Qi Psychosis.

You have stated, yours.

Just one last question.

Towards the end of my afternoon meditation a man appeared to me in a vision, fairly fit, about 34 years of age and completely bald (or head was shaved). The eyes were dark. Of particular note was that this person had a small elongated orb of golden light above the head.

Was that you?

TI

Do people want to have grand visions to make themselves feel special?

surely there are more reasons than spiritual materialism to see visions.

i had a serious entity problem for years, nothing short of demonic possession. At the end of one of my fasts (10 day), i saw a vision of how to kill it. I did what i saw in the vision and i heard the thing breathe a last nasty sigh and presto, i haven't had any problems since. So thats one little example of a vision with broader usefulness than feeding my ego. I've had a fair amount of useful visions, they have really benefited myself and those i love

If a person is going to make themselves feel special, they will find some reason to, even because they like to drink beers and watch their favorite sports team, if no other reason presents itself. Even people like those are probably better off with their third eyes open than closed :D lol

• Like 1

Just one last question.

Towards the end of my afternoon meditation a man appeared to me in a vision, fairly fit, about 34 years of age and completely bald (or head was shaved). The eyes were dark. Of particular note was that this person had a small elongated orb of golden light above the head.

Was that you?

TI

08112.jpg

You have stated, yours.

• Like 1

You got that MMA look down, DNB. :D

Looks like you're still in pretty good shape. You still keep up with your MA training?

DNB,

that look would make Chuck Norris shit himself. I love you man.

It's impossible to 'win an argument' with someone who respects nobody but themselves,

and other people who just happen to drone the same second-hand knowledge in the

same dead-pan condemning, condescending mantra like they do.

You know, the folks who know every last 'secret', but somehow no matter what they do,

they remain a douche.

Letting other people have a say, without jumping down their throat --- even IF they are

totally wrong; now that is Tao.

I'm just giving general advice here, and I'm thinking about a general personality

type; if this does not describe you, then you have no reason to be offended.

It's not my job to judge anybody; and if you judge me for talking with kindness

on an internet chat forum; why then you ARE a douche.

:lol:

Kev

I don't like that. That sort of posting isn't helpful. Those are couched insults, and we all know what you're talking about.

Tibetan Ice posted what he posted because he wants to help people awaken safely. Which is really what the forum of TTB is all about. Whether he is right or wrong is immaterial, he is just voicing his opinion based on considerable experience. Just because he disagrees with you and DNB doesn't make him a douche. Whats douche is posts like that, insulting people in a backhanded way while at the same time refusing to take responsibility for your words with statements like "if youre offended by this you must be a douchebag".

Well i'm offended by that, and im not a douchebag, so sort that out. And while youre sorting, please go read the no-insult policy.

• Like 2

I don't like that. That sort of posting isn't helpful. Those are couched insults, and we all know what you're talking about.

Tibetan Ice posted what he posted because he wants to help people awaken safely. Which is really what the forum of TTB is all about. Whether he is right or wrong is immaterial, he is just voicing his opinion based on considerable experience. Just because he disagrees with you and DNB doesn't make him a douche. Whats douche is posts like that, insulting people in a backhanded way while at the same time refusing to take responsibility for your words with statements like "if youre offended by this you must be a douchebag".

Well i'm offended by that, and im not a douchebag, so sort that out. And while youre sorting, please go read the no-insult policy.

I read the policy, and in fact after reading it, I used the 'report button'.

Now, I'm not couching anything here; I don't play games.

This post would have sat here, giving food for thought, unless someone turned

it negative.

If the glove does not fit, you must acquit.

If you think I'm attacking someone, and not following the policy, then there

is that "report button" that works for my posts too.

FYI, I've had a few people post condescending things back to me, and that will

never be a reason for me to use that report button.

I cannot be insulted. To be insulted takes action from both parties.

The only reason I'd use it, is if someone abused a child or something really

horrific like that.

And just so we put this 'into the light', TI was someone I liked and respected

on AYP. In fact 1/2 the reason I came here, is to read his posts, because

I was told that he was here.

My first action was to consider using the 'friend button' for him, but i decided

to read a few of his posts first.

Fortunately / unfortunately this was the first post of his I read, and it so

concerned me, that I did not hit that 'friend button'

Well there you go;

I had thought TI and I were old friends from AYP, and instead the first thread

I see is all out warfare, involving the harming of a child.

I'm not making judgments, but yes, I'm not thrilled.

So, does that clear anything up?

And I've used that post you didn't like, since early 1990, only when

there was a white elephant in the room, and the room's air needed clearing.

Yah, I knew it would piss some people off, and others to send me happy emails.

PS: I re-read the insult policy, and it did not

cover my post.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/4237-insult-policy-reminder/

However, I kept on reading to see if there was more

detail further on down, that could apply. I did find

one item, #14

"14. Do not play guilt trips with the other party."

Now I can see where someone might misconstrue my

post as a form of this.

So on this limited basis, I apologize to TI, you,

and anyone else who is offended that I wished to

point out extreme rudeness and the potential abuse

of a child in strict violation of that child's

parent's wishes. But for that, I do not apologize.

Next time I'll not be so kind, and just speak

with extreme directness, which the insult

policy recommended.

Live and learn, or at least that is the desired

outcome.

Love,

Kev

Edited by kevincann

Please keep things civil folks and return discussion directly to the OPs opening topic.

Also remember - modding by humans by its nature is not going to work exactly like a computer algorithm/IF THEN to determine adherence/violation of ToS. Which means judgement calls that some may disagree with can and will at times get made.

Something to ponder ere anyone in this or any other thread decides to post things in a "Black Ops - fly under the ToS" mode.

- S.B. / Mod Team

• Like 1

Hi :)

Epilogue

For clarity's sake, when I mentioned that Kunlun blew open my third eye, I did not mean the Red Phoenix blew open my third eye. I didn't even know about the Red Phoenix at that point. Just doing the chi gathering and bouncing the legs did it. That along with the transmission from the book and tapping into Max (invited).

Kevin:

you said:

I had thought TI and I were old friends from AYP, and instead the first thread

I see is all out warfare, involving the harming of a child.

You are mistaken. I am not your friend. You are not my friend. If you had added yourself as a friend, I would have removed you.

If you have ever noticed, I did not post anything to you at AYP. From reading your posts at AYP I decided that you were much too unstable and wreckless with your misguided concepts to even merit any comments. And you had such a disrepectful and bad attitude that I'm surprised that you did not get banned. I did not appreciate your toilet humour and you did offend people on the forum. Then you came back and appear to have turned into a brown nosing AYP parrot. So be it.

And look what you've done here in your comment. A 15 year old male is not a child. He is a teenager. And I have no intention of harming anyone. I find your lack of perspicacity and discernment disheartening and irritating.

DNB:

That picture is exactly what I saw after the meditation, later that night, and the next day too. After a while I could even see the tunnel that leads to you. Thank you for confirming. And you? Can you tell me what I look like?

OldGreen:

I have been a member of the Taobums for awhile and have found it to be a bit of a routine to see people come online and talk about how they were doing third eye exercises and it really screwed themselves up psychologically. I have also known one person personally whom experimented with 3rd eye meditations and had very negative experiences with it.

Experimentation without proper guidance, understanding and knowledge of the effects can lead to experiences that are not unlike schizophrenia or psychosis. But then, so does acid, meth, mushrooms, speed, MDA, alcohol and all the other things that teenagers will try. I think I'd rather have them try third eye meditation. At least they won't be killing brain cells and putting holes in their sheaths..

The 3rd eye (from what i here?) is a very powerful center and should not be forced open, but from my understanding opened up naturally. When practicing cultivation it is best to have a balanced practice that is a tried and proven method for spiritual cultivation. Tibetan Ice if you know of a proven and balanced practice that focuses singularly on the 3rd Eye and ignores the rest of the body as the original poster seems to be experimenting with...then by all means you should forward that meditation to him.

You know, I've been trying to open the third eye since I was 12 yrs old, gazing, mirror gazing, gazing at people. It really isn't that easy to fully open the third eye considering that it took me over 40 years. And it is even harder to keep it open.

The 3rd Eye cannot ignore the rest of the body for it encompasses all. Anything that happens anywhere in the bodies (physical, etheric, astral, mental, causal, bliss sheath, atman) also happens in the third eye.

Don't forget, the third eye is just not the hole in front of the brows, or the screen for dreams, or the entrance for the channel to the heart, or the vision center, or the cave of brahma or the place where ida and pingala can collapse into the sushumna. It is also the medulla, where the point of consciousness contacts the smaller self and the ego.

Tibetan Ice it seems you got the impression that were hating on the 3rd eye and saying it is a center that should be ignored...this is not the case. I am simply a fan of balanced and stable practices which build of the energies of the body and slowly open one's centers naturally without the ego saying: "Oh this center looks really cool lets open it!"...crack!!...bad shit happens as many people have testified to.

-My 2 cents, Peace

And most of the time their testifying is from a base of ignorance, misplaced blame and the desire for attention.

There is no such thing as a natural practice. Any practice is an act of will exerting itself upon the world of forms. Even non-practice is a form of practice. The only thing that is natural in my definition, is beyond both.

Did you not read the Saraswati quote? His argument for working on the third eye first? It is the only chakra which develops the witness and establishes distance between the phenomenon and that which perceives. The witness. You know, saying a "good balanced approach" sounds really nice and all. But think about this. First you gain understanding and proper technique. At that time you don't have much chi to send to the third eye so if anything happens, it is not that intense. If you store up lots of gasoline (chi) and get your energies/shakti built up, it's eventually going to erupt and get into the third eye. If you can't control your third eye, and remain a calm detached witness, that's when the problems start. If you don't activate Shiva first, Shakti is going to be very unhappy when she wakes. This makes sense to me. Perhaps it doesn't make sense to you. That is fine. I know there are very many different practices out there, and I think many of them are invalid and misunderstood. But people fall for them and waste their time or have bad experiences. But lots of people have good experiences too! May you all be so lucky.

TI

You have stated, yours.

Just one last question.

Was that you?

TI

08112.jpg

Hi :)

Epilogue

DNB:

That picture is exactly what I saw after the meditation, later that night, and the next day too. After a while I could even see the tunnel that leads to you.

How does it effect your imagination? Does the imagination get more vivid in a sense?

Can you see a more holistic vision of your school books for example? Trough imagination ofcourse.

Well i have always had vivid imaginations, but im starting to see aurous if i focus and colors when i close my eyes

I agree. A foundational practice might be years of seated meditation, years of yoga or tai chi with an hour or more of daily practice..etc.

And beyond the practice is the work of disciplining and quieting the mind and emotions in everyday life. Maybe you can learn it all, but you'll go faster and steadier if you start on a strong foundation and not focus on exotic powers.

Course you might be able to do both, but the foundation work is far more important (imo).

I agree. A foundational practice might be years of seated meditation, years of yoga or tai chi with an hour or more of daily practice..etc.

And beyond the practice is the work of disciplining and quieting the mind and emotions in everyday life. Maybe you can learn it all, but you'll go faster and steadier if you start on a strong foundation and not focus on exotic powers.

Course you might be able to do both, but the foundation work is far more important (imo).

Hehe unfortunatly, i was never much the patient one or someone to give up at the point of no hope or chance, so i guess i just gotta pray i don't burn out but even i do, I'm still gonna keep going

Hehe unfortunatly, i was never much the patient one or someone to give up at the point of no hope or chance, so i guess i just gotta pray i don't burn out but even i do, I'm still gonna keep going

---------------

I wanted to give personal advice,...

to this particular individual- not to a whole audience.

I have been reading this original posters threads since he popped up on this forum a few days ago....

Here is a little insight on this poster, and thus- my reasoning for warning against he abruptly open his third eye:

-----

Lindelani Mnisi's Profile

Member Title:Member

---------

Colored Font is my emphasis:

Stronger

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

I joined this forum to get stronger and learn new techniques(prefebly teleportation and best way to open my third eye). How does this forum work anyway?

http://www.thetaobum...18entry350818

[Wants to open his third eye and doesn;t know how a forum works.... :) ]

-----------

Am i special?

Does this just only happen to me or is it average?

Am i destined to change the world with this power or is it just average? Please answer, i must know

http://www.thetaobum...91entry350691

--------------------

What up erybody

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

Hey erybody, I got attracted to this site when i googled ki ghosts. Can't wait to learn everything i can about chi and other spiritual things. I'm 16 and do all my web browsing on my phone and no my parents don't know that I'm into chi cause they'd either taboo it or disclaim it and forget about it(they old fashioned).

www.thetaobums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=350605

-------------

He is ONLY 15 years old.

Lives with his parents, who are against this.

Right there, I sense calamity...

Judging by his prior posts... I get a sense, he might be headed for QiGong Psychosis, or Meglomania

I thought it be wise- if he was more grounded and rooted _first :)

He's 15 years old - he should experience mundane life first...because he is set for PUBERTY now - which means- those hormones will escalate his advancement- quickly

That's why they keep the Red Phoenix so guarded- smashing open the 3rd eye quickly, might have dire consequences

*Also, I was his age when I experienced my gifts...and I went through hell... so maybe, I might relate to him on a more personal level, too :)

-------

Apologies to the original poster- :) didn't mean to single you out and put you on the spot- but I got called on my actions- and maybe, indirectly- this will help you to see opposing arguments

No need to apologize, u did what you felt right, but what i feel right is opening a door i met purely by chance and coincidence. A door that i could have lived and died never knowing but by some small chance, mere tiny events and fools luck led me to this door. Even when i was young i experienced a number of supernatural things(like seeing colors and hearing my name bieng called). So this is a path i must take, mundane life was never for me, reality aint my cup of coffee. It's just something i gotta do, i want to leave this door open for others, this hidden behind mirrors, fears, society and propaganda door. The end result, will be whatever it be...

No need to apologize, u did what you felt right, but what i feel right is opening a door i met purely by chance and coincidence. A door that i could have lived and died never knowing but by some small chance, mere tiny events and fools luck led me to this door. Even when i was young i experienced a number of supernatural things(like seeing colors and hearing my name bieng called). So this is a path i must take, mundane life was never for me, reality aint my cup of coffee. It's just something i gotta do, i want to leave this door open for others, this hidden behind mirrors, fears, society and propaganda door. The end result, will be whatever it be...

Don't forget that you're working towards complete reality, you don't want to run from that which is truly real. There is nothing supernatural, its just seen or unseen.

JB's advice is sound. Seeing things and hearing voices are certainly not on my list of things I'd like to achieve through study of the meditative arts. And I would be very suspicious if such things did begin to occur.