Lindelani Mnisi

I hunger for more

I feel that ultimatly, i am on a journey to discover everything! I've always been a curiouse kid but more in the science field but ever since i found chi, im interested in the spiritual. I want to break free from the chains of reality, i want to discover everything.

Right now im working on getting my third eye open

• Like 1

I visualize an eye opening between my eyebrows and it working and acting just like a real eye.(sorry for taking so long, school)

How does it effect your imagination? Does the imagination get more vivid in a sense?

Can you see a more holistic vision of your school books for example? Trough imagination ofcourse.

I notice there is a tendency of many "smart people" to want to jump straight to the higher centers without first building a foundation. Whether this is a good idea is highly debatable.

-My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 5

I notice there is a tendency of many "smart people" to want to jump straight to the higher centers without first building a foundation. Whether this is a good idea is highly debatable.

I agree. A foundational practice might be years of seated meditation, years of yoga or tai chi with an hour or more of daily practice..etc.

And beyond the practice is the work of disciplining and quieting the mind and emotions in everyday life. Maybe you can learn it all, but you'll go faster and steadier if you start on a strong foundation and not focus on exotic powers.

Course you might be able to do both, but the foundation work is far more important (imo).

• Like 2

Please Please DON'T work on opening the 3 eye,don't make the same mistake I did,you will fuck yourself up if you try to open it directly.You can open it to about 50 % w/o having grave consequences but I highly recommend you to not play with fire. While working on the lower centers,strengthening them,the Energy will naturally go upwards and open the higher centers. If you still want to open your 3 eye I recommend you work on your heart chakra instead,The heart chakra connects lower with higher centers acting as a balancer so if you open it,more energy should automatically go to the higher centers assuming that you have more energy in the lower centers.

• Like 4

Please Please DON'T work on opening the 3 eye,don't make the same mistake I did,you will fuck yourself up if you try to open it directly.You can open it to about 50 % w/o having grave consequences but I highly recommend you to not play with fire. While working on the lower centers,strengthening them,the Energy will naturally go upwards and open the higher centers. If you still want to open your 3 eye I recommend you work on your heart chakra instead,The heart chakra connects lower with higher centers acting as a balancer so if you open it,more energy should automatically go to the higher centers assuming that you have more energy in the lower centers.

If you tell them its dangerous they'll probably want to do it more!! :lol:

• Like 1

I was just re-reading through Ya Mu's book recently and found this excerpt that may shed some light on this:

"A FACT that i want to share is this: If you practice your qigong daily while centering your awareness on your Dan Tian, your energy will rise and NATURALLY open each energy center WHEN IT IS THE CORRECT TIME FOR DOING SO! Nothing else is needed! Never try to artificially open these centers."

A Light Warriors Guide to High Level Energy Healing by Michal Lomax

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen
  • Like 4

I was just re-reading through Ya Mu's book recently and found this excerpt that may shed some light on this:

"A FACT that i want to share is this: If you practice your qigong daily while centering your awareness on your Dan Tian, your energy will rise and NATURALLY open each energy center WHEN IT IS THE CORRECT TIME FOR DOING SO! Nothing else is needed! Never try to artificially open these centers."

A Light Warriors Guide to High Level Energy Healing by Michal Lomax

-My 2 cents, Peace

You are right on the money.

If our isolated egos play with individual chakras, we just scuff them up.

If Tao opens them up, it will be done right.

So making ourselves fertile ground, so Tao wishes to come around; that is OUR work.

Love,

Kev

Your penchant for details is always refreshing, TI. Thank you for a very well-presented post.

Gopi Krishna got Kundalini Psychosis by focusing on his third eye, I don't have the details here but he wrote a book about it

• Like 1

I'm very surprised by the responses in this thread. [...........]

So, DNB, KevinCann, Old Green, Josama, perhaps your reluctance to develop the third eye has kept you in a delusional state which is why you are spreading fear and danger signals about developing the third eye???

---------------

I wanted to give personal advice,...

to this particular individual- not to a whole audience.

I have been reading this original posters threads since he popped up on this forum a few days ago....

Here is a little insight on this poster, and thus- my reasoning for warning against he abruptly open his third eye:

-----

Lindelani Mnisi's Profile

Member Title:Member

---------

Colored Font is my emphasis:

Stronger

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

I joined this forum to get stronger and learn new techniques(prefebly teleportation and best way to open my third eye). How does this forum work anyway?

http://www.thetaobum...18entry350818

[Wants to open his third eye and doesn;t know how a forum works.... :) ]

-----------

Am i special?

Does this just only happen to me or is it average?

Am i destined to change the world with this power or is it just average? Please answer, i must know

http://www.thetaobum...91entry350691

--------------------

What up erybody

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

Hey erybody, I got attracted to this site when i googled ki ghosts. Can't wait to learn everything i can about chi and other spiritual things. I'm 16 and do all my web browsing on my phone and no my parents don't know that I'm into chi cause they'd either taboo it or disclaim it and forget about it(they old fashioned).

www.thetaobums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=350605

-------------

He is ONLY 15 years old.

Lives with his parents, who are against this.

Right there, I sense calamity...

Judging by his prior posts... I get a sense, he might be headed for QiGong Psychosis, or Meglomania

I thought it be wise- if he was more grounded and rooted _first :)

He's 15 years old - he should experience mundane life first...because he is set for PUBERTY now - which means- those hormones will escalate his advancement- quickly

That's why they keep the Red Phoenix so guarded- smashing open the 3rd eye quickly, might have dire consequences

*Also, I was his age when I experienced my gifts...and I went through hell... so maybe, I might relate to him on a more personal level, too :)

-------

Apologies to the original poster- :) didn't mean to single you out and put you on the spot- but I got called on my actions- and maybe, indirectly- this will help you to see opposing arguments

Edited by Disabled Not Broken
  • Like 2

Tibetan_Ice,I concentrated more than 2 months solely on

my 3 eye. until it opened completeley,that was right when I started meditating,I wasn't ready yet to open it fully,but by doing so it ruined everything for me. I just wanted people to be aware that there is danger associated with it. If the 3 eye opens naturally through kunlun or annother practice than that's annother story.

Just don't try to force anything.

---------------

I wanted to give personal advice,...

to this particular individual- not to a whole audience.

I have been reading this original posters threads since he popped up on this forum a few days ago....

Here is a little insight on this poster, and thus- my reasoning for warning against he abruptly open his third eye:

-----

Lindelani Mnisi's Profile

Member Title:Member

---------

Colored Font is my emphasis:

Stronger

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

I joined this forum to get stronger and learn new techniques(prefebly teleportation and best way to open my third eye). How does this forum work anyway?

http://www.thetaobum...18entry350818

[Wants to open his third eye and doesn;t know how a forum works.... :) ]

-----------

Am i special?

Does this just only happen to me or is it average?

Am i destined to change the world with this power or is it just average? Please answer, i must know

http://www.thetaobum...91entry350691

--------------------

What up erybody

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

Hey erybody, I got attracted to this site when i googled ki ghosts. Can't wait to learn everything i can about chi and other spiritual things. I'm 16 and do all my web browsing on my phone and no my parents don't know that I'm into chi cause they'd either taboo it or disclaim it and forget about it(they old fashioned).

www.thetaobums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=350605

-------------

He is ONLY 15 years old.

Lives with his parents, who are against this.

Right there, I sense calamity...

Judging by his prior posts... I get a sense, he might be headed for QiGong Psychosis, or Meglomania

I thought it be wise- if he was more grounded and rooted _first :)

He's 15 years old - he should experience mundane life first...because he is set for PUBERTY now - which means- those hormones will escalate his advancement- quickly

That's why they keep the Red Phoenix so guarded- smashing open the 3rd eye quickly, might have dire consequences

*Also, I was his age when I experienced my gifts...and I went through hell... so maybe, I might relate to him on a more personal level, too :)

-------

Apologies to the original poster- :) didn't mean to single you out and put you on the spot- but I got called on my actions- and maybe, indirectly- this will help you to see opposing arguments

It is perfection that you brought up this point. It was the most obvious and important point.

Love,

Kev

• Like 1

Saraswati advises to start with the ajna chakra because he has a step 2 in mind, and when a person starts getting sensations in their head, they move down to the muladhara and start working up from there. Thats the Bihar yoga approach anyway. I appreciate TIs insights (as usual) but i think that starting with the ajna only works if you have the rest of the map. Without that, you will just focus on the head and focus on the head and eventually you will draw too much energy up into the head and create imbalance. Which, attn to the original poster, does happen.

I think a lot of beginners have a lot of misconceptions about opening their 3rd eye, like they are going to visualize white light on their foreheads and all of a sudden one day they will see auras and ghosts and stuff. Well its not like that lol! The full opening of the ajna complex with its attendant 3rd eye center(s) takes time, usually years, and i personally tend to agree with the general advice that its best to let it unfold as part of a balanced sadhana which encompasses the entire energy system. Its a slow unfoldment, and if you spend those years focused intensely on the head, with the selfish intention of seeing energy, you just might be setting yourself up for disaster. I would go a step further and say it might even be impossible to clear all head obstructions without the awakening and rising of kundalini but who knows, anything could be possible. Its certainly a lot easier to start with the lower centers and with balanced sadhana for most beginners.

So from me personally, respect to both sides of the coin in this debate, but i would rather err on the side of caution. I see the 3rd eye opening as just great, but usually something that happens in the middle to late stages of a persons awakening. Again anything can happen, all this is just 2 pennies from a bum

• Like 4

Sometimes jabbing at an angry hornets nest with a stick is required.

Some people find benefit in old, partially accurate kundalini forcing scripts.

Some people do not.

Some people find benefit in living quiet lives, with open hearts, finding stillness in nature

which they observe.

Some people are explorers and have no need of anything written whatsoever.

Some people use a mixture.

Some people are just born awake.

Ranting and raving, no matter how close one is to actually being correct benefits no one.

Not one living being in the history of the world has the right to be the 'enlightenment police'

The 'enlightenment police' tend to be the most miserable person in the room, as they have their

'enlightenment', which is the one thing barring them from the joyful life.

If the 'enlightenment police' were really all that and a bag of chips, then they would let other

people be 'wrong' without it bothering them.

There was as time when *I* was the 'enlightenment police'.

Thank GOD that I'm now a swinging dick like everyone else (to use a metaphor that is gender specific).

Love,

Kevin

• Like 2

I'd suggest that full consciousness would perhaps be what is aimed for. So depending who and where you are (gross example is the office-worker stuck in their chair feeding themselves 'brain food' i.e. 'sugars' all day, with a well enough developed intellect, totally removed from their feelings...oh yeah, that's sometimes me...) Anyway, my point being the order in which these things should be done probably depends on who and where and when one is doing them. IMO it ain't for nothing that 'water' techniques work better and more safely (i.e. less risk of insanity or serious health issues) for moderns than fire techniques.

-/--opinion alert---/

Tibetan_Ice,I concentrated more than 2 months solely on

my 3 eye. until it opened completeley,that was right when I started meditating,I wasn't ready yet to open it fully,but by doing so it ruined everything for me. I just wanted people to be aware that there is danger associated with it. If the 3 eye opens naturally through kunlun or annother practice than that's annother story.

Just don't try to force anything.

Hi Josama, :)

I found your posts about your experiences and read them.

I'm sorry that you've had such a rough time.

Although I am sympathetic because I don't like to see anyone suffer as you did, I feel I must point out that you are mistakenly blaming the third eye when in fact it was a combination of your practices and misundertandings.

1) There are other chakras between the third eye and the crown. Technically, the third eye is not at the middle of the forehead, it is between the brows and it's polar opposite is the medulla at the brain stem in the base of the skull. I'm not sure you were focusing on the right region. It didn't sound like it anyway.

2) Drugs like pot and cocaine don't mix well with spirituality.

Here is what Samuel Sagan says about it: (from his book "Awakening the Third Eye")

17.6 Alcohol and spiritual work a dangerous mixture

I would never advise anybody to smoke, but it is a fact that one

can go quite a long way spiritually and still be addicted to

cigarettes. Tobacco generates negative vibrations, but its action is

not lethal to spiritual life.

Alcohol, on the other hand, can very quickly lead to disaster if one

is learning to explore non-physical worlds. Alcohol automatically

connects you with areas of the lower astral that are full of noxious

entities. Therefore alcohol should be avoided at any cost, as soon as

one starts to work on the third eye.

Tranquillisers, neuroleptics and other psychiatric drugs disconnect

you from higher worlds and negate the action of the work of

opening.

Hard drugs, such as heroin, are totally incompatible with inner

work, their effect being similar to alcohol but much worse.

Trying to open perception while living in the same house as a

heroin addict is like smoking cigars inside a petrol refinery:

dangerous.

What about other drugs? I could tell you the usual things: They are

never necessary. They create scars and introduce toxins in the

etheric and the astral not only in the physical. If some can force

an opening of perception, this opening is transient, uncontrolled,

completely unprotected, and most often twisted. Even marijuana,

when taken regularly, tends to make your astral body dull and

unresponsive. And so on... All sorts of facts that you have

probably heard before.

However, it seems to me that the real answer to the question of

drugs is that by developing your subtle bodies you will gain the

capacity to be intoxicated without the need for any substance. A

true seer is somebody who is permanently intoxicated with what

he or she receives from the universe and beyond. You would be

quite misled to believe that this is just an image and that it should

not be taken too literally. Just wait till you drink your first drop

of the nectar of immortality! It will leave you laughing and

rolling on the floor for half an hour. Truly. And it is excellent

for your health.

Tune in above the head and you can be instantly stoned (but not

dull). Open your heart, and you have ecstasy. The company of

angels bestows secondary benefits much sweeter than chocolate.

Reach the Spirit of Life, the glorious transformed etheric body,

and you will have the absolute heroin... On a simple level, several

techniques of this book when practised not even mastered, just

practised generate an instant flow of endorphins. It is one of

the dramas of the men and women of our civilisation to mistake

drug ingestion for intoxication, and more generally to search

outside for what is already waiting for them inside.

3) Hypnotism is not a good thing to do (unless you are the hypnotist). Being hypnotized is turning control of your finer bodies (astral, etheric, mental) to someone else, to some other external control. It is not a good thing to do. It creates a flow of energy which bypasses your will, your good reason and common sense. Once someone hypnotizes you, you lose control. One lie that hypnotists will tell you is that you would never do something that you wouldn't ordinarily do. Well, think again. You wouldn't take your clothes off in public, would you? How about this: You are hypnotized and you are sitting there on a stage. The hypnotist tells you that you are alone on a desert island and it is very hot. It is so hot that you feel very uncomfortable. It would be so nice to feel the cool breeze but you have clothes on. Take off your shirt. Doesn't that feel better? Now, you remove your pants...etc.. etc... The point is that through suggestion, you can bend a person's senses and set up a mental circumstance in which they may do something that in reality, they would never do. If you want to do hypnosis, be the hypnotist and hypnotize yourself. Learn to be in command. You will find that you can control your body and mind with dedicated practice. But never never turn over that prescious control to external factors.

So, in a nutshell, it is highly likely that you did not open the third eye, that through your combinations of drug use, hypnotism and by probably pushing effort and coarse energy into the frontal lobes, you gave yourself an overload.

Now don't be ashamed of that. Many people have done that. I have had a few overloads myself from energy practices alone. I shudder to think how serious it could be coupled with the aforementioned factors. One time, from overdoing a form of spinal breathing, I spent a week feeling like a zombie, feeling like someone had spooned out the top of my head. It felt like I spent the whole week sleep walking. I don't know how I got through it but I did.

So, don't blame it on the third eye. Blame it on a combination of inexperience and inadequate knowledge.

There is a reason why yogis and Buddhists practice clean living. It is because, not only does it help purify the body and mind and help remove afflictions, when something happens that wrenches your mind out of it's sockets, you have a better chance of coping with it effectively. Part of awakening the third eye is realizing the opposite side of the third eye pole, which is the medulla, or the witness. The witness watches everything and is not affected by anything. The witness watches thoughts, emotions, sensations, visions from a small distance away. The development of the third eye witness is an important part of spiritual development. As your practice unfolds, you will discover that you are not your thoughts or emotions or sensations. The small you is quietly sitting there, behind it all, unaffected, just watching. It is a great help when the shit hits the fan.

And yes, you are right about not forcing anything. This is what Samuel Sagan says about using "force":

Spiritual development is certainly a fight, but the main weapon in this fight is letting go.

In this perspective of opening it is not appropriate to concentrate,

to try hard or to force. If you were to do so, what would happen?

You would operate from your ordinary mind, meaning that

fraction of yourself with which you presently think the

discursive mind that goes on talking in your head all the time. You

have been conditioned from an early age to do everything from

the mind. Therefore if you try to do the perception business, you

are likely to remain caught in your talking mind a layer which

is notoriously unfit for any form of spiritual perception.

Stop doing. Be fully aware, but just aware. Allow what is hidden in

the depths to come through and be revealed to your consciousness.

Don't do anything, let things happen. Flow with what comes.

In the physical world when you want something you have to strive

for it. But in the spiritual worlds everything is reversed, as on the

other side of a mirror. If you want something you have to let it

come to you. It is a new skill which has to be developed. It could be

called active letting go or creative letting go. It is the capacity to

be transparent and to let states of consciousness be revealed

through you.

Just be aware, and everything will happen.

1.2 No creative visualisation, no imagination, just

awareness

In the context of the Clairvision techniques it is advised that you

never try to visualise or imagine anything. If images, lights,

spiritual beings or anything else comes to your vision, that is fine.

But don't make them up, don't try to induce them. Do not actively

visualise any pattern into your field of consciousness.

One of the reasons is: suppose an angel comes to you, truly. If you

have been trying to visualise angels every morning for a few

months how will you know whether it is a true angel or one that

you have made up.

The problem is not to get into the perception of images or lights.

If you put the techniques into practice, visions will come. The real

problem is, once these visions come to you, how to discern what is

real from what is a fancy of the mind. So the advice is: be

spontaneous! Never plan or try to attract a vision. Just practise

the techniques and then see what comes. This will make it much

easier to reach the stage where you can rely on your vision.

This approach should not be understood as a criticism of the paths

that use creative visualisation or imagination. There are many

ways. What is true in the context of one particular system of

development does not necessarily apply to others. In the Clairvision

style of work the motto is just awareness.

Good luck on your journey.

:)

TI

Edited by Tibetan_Ice

Gopi Krishna got Kundalini Psychosis by focusing on his third eye, I don't have the details here but he wrote a book about it

Hi Jetsun :)

The book is called "Kundalini" he says:

link: http://www.kundaliniawakeningsystems1.com/downloads/kundalini-the-evolutionary-energy-in-man_gopi-krishna_(89pg).pdf

Long practice had accustomed me to sit in the same posture for hours at a time without the least discomfort, and I sat breathing slowly and rhythmically, my attention drawn towards the crown of my head, contemplating an imaginary lotus in full bloom, radiating light. I sat steadily, unmoving and erect, my thoughts uninterruptedly centered on the shining lotus, intent on keeping my attention from wandering and bringing it back again and again whenever it moved in any other direction. The intensity of concentration interrupted my breathing; gradually it slowed down to such an extent that at times it was barely perceptible. My whole being was so engrossed in the contemplation of the lotus that for several minutes at a time I lost touch with my body and surroundings. During such intervals I used to feel as if I were poised in mid-air, without any feeling of a body around me. The only object of which I was aware was a lotus of brilliant colour, emitting rays of light. This experience has happened to many people who practise meditation in any form regularly for a sufficient length of time, but what followed on that fateful morning in my case, changing the whole course of my life and outlook, has happened to few.

Gopi Krishna practiced concentration on the crown, not the third eye:

link: http://www.om-guru.com/html/saints/gopi.html

The following account which took place in 1937 describes his first Kundalini experience which occurred while he was visualizing "an imaginary Lotus in full bloom, radiating light" at the crown of his head.

Suddenly, with a roar like that of a waterfall, I felt a stream of liquid light entering my brain through the spinal cord.

"Entirely unprepared for such a development, I was completely taken by surprise; but regaining my self-control, keeping my mind on the point of concentration. The illumination grew brighter and brighter, the roaring louder, I experienced a rocking sensation and then felt myself slipping out of my body, entirely enveloped in a halo of light. It is impossible to describe the experience accurately. I felt the point of consciousness that was myself growing wider surrounded by waves of light. It grew wider and wider, spreading outward while the body, normally the immediate object of its perception, appeared to have receded into the distance until I became entirely unconscious of it. I was now all consciousness without any outline, without any idea of corporeal appendage, without any feeling or sensation coming from the senses, immersed in a sea of light simultaneously conscious and aware at every point, spread out, as it were, in all directions without any barrier or material obstruction. I was no longer myself, or to be more accurate, no longer as I knew myself to be, a small point of awareness confined to a body, but instead was a vast circle of consciousness in which the body was but a point, bathed in light and in a state of exultation and happiness impossible to describe.

Krishna, Pandit Gopi, Kundalini: Path to Higher Consciousness (New Delhi: Orient Paperbacks, 1992), pps. 6-7 "

Further, eventually Gopi Krishna came to realize that the kundalini had arisen through his pingala channel and then balanced it out by bringing ida (the left channel) into the sushumna.

Pulling the cover over my face, I stretched myself to my full length on the bed, burning in every fibre, lashed as it were by a fiery rain of red-hot needles piercing my skin. At this moment a fearful idea struck me. Could it be that I had aroused Kundalini through pingala or the solar nerve which regulates the flow of heat in the body and is located on the right side of Sushumna'? If so, I was doomed, I thought desperately and as if by divine dispensation the idea flashed across my brain to make a last-minute attempt to rouse Ida, or the lunar nerve on the left side, to activity, thus neutralizing the dreadful burning effect of the devouring fire within. With my mind reeling and senses deadened with pain, but with all the will-power left at my command, I brought my attention to bear on the left side of the seat of Kundalini, and tried to force an imaginary cold current upward through the middle of the spinal cord. In that extraordinarily extended, agonized, and exhausted state of consciousness, I distinctly felt the location of the nerve and strained hard mentally to divert its flow into the central channel. Then, as if waiting for the destined moment, a miracle

happened.

There was a sound like a nerve thread snapping and instantaneously a silvery streak passed zigzag through the spinal cord, exactly like the sinuous movement of a white serpent in rapid flight, pouring an effulgent, cascading shower of brilliant vital energy into my brain, filling my head with a blissful lustre in place of the flame that had been tormenting me for the last three hours. Completely taken by surprise at this sudden transformation of the fiery current, darting across the entire network of my nerves only a moment before, and overjoyed at the cessation of pain, I remained absolutely quiet and motionless for some time, tasting the bliss of relief with a mind flooded with emotion, unable to believe I was really free of the horror. Tortured and exhausted almost to the point of collapse by the agony I had suffered during the terrible interval. I immediately fell asleep, bathed in light and for the first time after weeks of anguish felt the sweet embrace of restful sleep.

Now, I'm not saying the kundalini isn't dangerous.. I almost went up in flames a few times. I do believe if you are not careful you could spontaneously combust.. and if you have some form of mental illness, it might be wise to stay away and seek a top-down awakening like the Holy Ghost.. or water method.

But, Gopi Krishna was meditating on the crown, not the third eye.

:)

TI

• Like 1