JustARandomPanda

YouTube Vid that Hit Home

Wanted to share this as this talk by Sadhguru really hit home.

He summed up exactly what's been bugging me so much both about Secularist Scientistic Materialists and the average "religious" or "spiritual but not religious" person.

Edit: fixed

• Like 1

Thank you.

He really hits the nail on the head in that one.

I can't speak for all people, but I know what the purpose of life is for me.

To grow, to evolve, to expand to transcend.

• Like 2

Yes!

In the past five to six year I have been studying spirituality I have not come across anyone with as much clarity and relevance as Sadhguru. I am on day seven of the inner engineering program of Isha, and I can vouch that it is one of the most profound teachings I have come across.

Everything he says is like a nectar that settles every conflict I have within me. He is incredible.

who is an actor, vikram ghandi or sadhguru?

cause vikram ghandi is definitely an actor, and kumare looks halarious, its gonna be on the big screen in my town in late august and i can't wait

and sadhguru is definitely not an actor, and from what i gather has helped a lot of people. I found his video to made several interesting points, like that the point of life is immediate in the here and now and not waiting in heaven for (one) example.

not sure which one you are talking about

..I was referring to Sadhguru. People think of him as enlightened, which he is not.

I thought the ENTIRE point was to focus on how enlightened I am - not how enlightened the message delivery vehicle might or might not be.

If an actor can get me focused on what I am enlightened about and what I'm not then why and where is the griping coming from about whether the medium for message delivery is or is not as 'it's supposed to be'? Why's it so regrettable if an actor delivers messages of such as are said in the vid? If Sadhguru was a garbage collector or professional actor would it make any difference in the content of said message's relevance? For that matter - would it make any difference to the message's relevance if he was a full-blown Taoist Immortal or Buddha?

WHAT is it that's doing the judging of 'it's regrettable'?

• Like 4

Hey, SereneBlue (ill fitting name?),

Do you mean the "ENTIRE point" in general? Not really. In this video, though, he mostly seems to focus (it feels wrong to use that word when talking about this rambling joker) on how wrong it is of people to ask certain questions. And that is served along with some extreme meandering, redefining, avoidance, incongruous rhetorics, blanket statements (99%), straw man-arguments (thought is not real), stupid ideas (e.g. "live totally", "more real than real", his insane definition of lying) and sleazy, pampering and/or offensive jokes etc.

The criticisms you've listed here can be applied to anyone asserting a point to a mass audience using rhetorical language. Blanket statements are just generalizations. Of course there will be such statements when answering such a question as "purpose of life." Straw-man arguments? No one is debating him. Someone asked him a question. You can't have straw-man arguments when there is no original position to make a straw-man statement out of. "Stupid ideas, avoidance..." These aren't really objective criticisms (although you seem really hard to sound like it).

You are too focused on the language use to see the essential meaning of what he is saying. And you are not even that good at using logical criticisms against Sadhguru's language.

Also, what do you think he means when he says "live totally"? This video is part of a longer lecture, and I don't think you understand what Sadhguru means by living totally.

Have you watched any other videos of Sadhguru? If not, don't you think it is a bit rushed to conclude he is some fraud? You wouldn't even do that with a normal person you've met, would you? 10 minutes in and you suddenly know him completely. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

AHAHAHAHAHAH KUMARE!!!!!

SO FUNNY! hahah aaa

I think this is the most important teaching.... the false guru is the true guru? haha

... enlightened or not it doesn't matter...

enlightenment doesnt exist - enlightenment proposes some final / end stop...but no... the show must go on!

so I say no enlightenment... worry when people say enlightened

there is nothing wrong with speculation... thought + imagination...is everything...i speculate - the universe is mental soo

A journey of 1000 miles doesn't begin with one step... but the thought to take that step. The whole thing is a mental feeling sense process through consciousness + awareness..

All these delusions are part of this process he talks about... let them be? they'll figure it out? maybe, maybe not

it is difficult to break... being brainwashed from birth?

Education Religion Government = the same demonic being

this choice came at the tip of a sword!

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Boy, I don't know how, but you somehow clicked on a completely different video :lol:

Also, I don't understand what you're talking about, literally

You think there's a problem with something said in the video but you don't point it out

Please use quotes from the video and point where the problems are so we could discuss them

Otherwise you just seems to have a problem with gurus in general and/or you don't understand what a light bearer is

• Like 4

Hey, SereneBlue (ill fitting name?),

Do you mean the "ENTIRE point" in general? Not really. In this video, though, he mostly seems to focus (it feels wrong to use that word when talking about this rambling joker) on how wrong it is of people to ask certain questions. And that is served along with some extreme meandering, redefining, avoidance, incongruous rhetorics, blanket statements (99%), straw man-arguments (thought is not real), stupid ideas (e.g. "live totally", "more real than real", his insane definition of lying) and sleazy, pampering and/or offensive jokes etc.

His answer to the question seems to be to "live/live totally", which is, to use his own words, bull.

You use the word enlightened in a strange way. When I know about a spiritual concept or two, I don't call that being enlightened. Also, there are in reality no degress of knowing. And why do you all of a sudden call him a "message delivery vehicle" and "medium"? He's a man. An ordinary human being. He's no more of a mirage than you are, so using such pseudo-religious/-philosophical terms is just silly.

So.. An actor. We seem to agree. Yes? Yes? Isn't it so? (sic.) The fact that he doesn't know what he's talking about really shows. And for people who know even less, I think he's harmful. We'll never know if he's harmful, in case you were about to write something angry.

Your insinuation that I would judge a persons ideas based on his role in society or by his spiritual stature is just pathetic. If we're communicating on that level, I'd say that I wouldn't want to have my heart transplant done by someone who pretended to be a surgeon.

But, to make it 100% clear: If this pretend-surgeon pulled it off, I would be the last to complain. Sadhguru doesn't pull it off. Calling him an actor was an intentionally provocative way of saying that. I could have been more direct, but that wouldn't have had any effect. Now at least someone will be careful and watch out for the yeast/leaven of this man. That is all.

Lastly, to answer your question of what it is who's doing the judging: Nothing. What you perceive as judging is an illusion, and there's nothing (or rather nobody, if I may tweak your wording slightly) doing it. What did you expect me to say? Of course, someBODY would say it's the ego or the brain or even "I" doing the "judging". That would be correct too, I guess, but not from my point of view. Would you like to argue or talk calmly about that now? If so, I'd rather do it someplace else. Feel free to pm me.

Bit of an over reaction Boy... Serene Blue is awesome, and she asked you good questions, that you failed to answer, and apparently failed to even understand.

Then you accuse her of being pathetic, and finally you set your self up as a nonjudgmental non-person authority of some kind...

Wow! You really showed her! Welcome to the Taobums! :blink:

• Like 3

This is like watching a car crash in slow motion.

Hands-up anyone who didn't see it coming.

actually sereneblue IS awesome, which you would probably figure out if you could engage her in respectful conversation.

when the chip on your shoulder gets too heavy, why dont you put it down and come hang out with the rest of us.

Til then...

• Like 1

Hi Boy!

It's all cool with me. Your opinion, statements, explanations, assessments, etc or whatever about me simply is what it is. Likewise your assessment of Sadhguru.

I hope all is going well with you.

May your wisdom, prosperity and peace ever increase!

Cheers! :)

• Like 1