taolpha

T'ai Chi music?

I live in a fairly noisy area so when I practice I set the iPod to Pilgrimage: 9 Songs of Ecstasy by Pilgrimage. Most songs on the album are relaxing and flow well with my practice. Unfortunately it is the only album I have of this type. Can any one recommend any other artist that is good for T'ai Chi practice?

When I searched Amazon for Pilgrimage they only have the one album but those that bought it also bought albums from Magna Canta, Lesiem, and Era. Any one heard of any of these artists?

/taolpha

I live in a fairly noisy area so when I practice I set the iPod to Pilgrimage: 9 Songs of Ecstasy by Pilgrimage. Most songs on the album are relaxing and flow well with my practice. Unfortunately it is the only album I have of this type. Can any one recommend any other artist that is good for T'ai Chi practice?

When I searched Amazon for Pilgrimage they only have the one album but those that bought it also bought albums from Magna Canta, Lesiem, and Era. Any one heard of any of these artists?

/taolpha

I really don't know why people play music when they play tai chi.

You shouldn't need music to relax you while your playing.

Tai chi is internal and plays to your own rhythm - not external music.

When you go to a demonstration and there is music it is more for the

audience so they don't get bored.

I really don't know why people play music when they play tai chi.

You shouldn't need music to relax you while your playing.

Tai chi is internal and plays to your own rhythm - not external music.

When you go to a demonstration and there is music it is more for the

audience so they don't get bored.

I totally agree. Only been doing T'ai Chi for 10 weeks and am not quite there yet.

I have 2 Lesiem albums. They more on the order of Enigma. Probably not contemplative, however they are pretty good. I like to listen to them while painting. I usually have ambient sounds on (Steve Roach) while doing my morning stretching/yoga/meditation routine. My house (really my family) is very noisy so the amient music drowns out the distractions and helps me focus. When the time for meditation arrives, I make sure that whatever is playing does not have singing or anything with a beat.

Thanks Eric23. That is exactly what I would like to find. My retreat is to the outside with the iPod. With a four year old, one year old, two cats, and a dog it is never quite inside. I will check out this Steve Roach guy.

/taolpha

Ideally you should not listen to music (at least not all the time).

Two reasons:

1.) Taiji is a martial art (enough said)

2.) Music can calm you but Taiji can calm you more, so no need for Music ;-)

I understand about the distractions. Anyway after some time you should text if the time has come you don't need it anymore.

Good Practics

M