JustARandomPanda

Atheists React to a Sorcerer

I found this not too long ago and got a good laugh. It was mainly Atheists reacting to a "Sorcerer" for publishing an Open Letter on his blog excoriating the New Atheists' aggressive public stance.

Here's the original Open Letter

And here's the Atheist reaction.

What's funny to me is that I consider myself an Atheist as well as I do not believe in a Supreme Diety. There is a "supreme" Tao or "process", yes. A supreme Diety? I seriously doubt it. But somehow I suspect those self-described Atheists wouldn't agree I deserve to use the same moniker as them. :P

p.s. Here's was my favorite comment by Atheists

Now, now, don't be so unkind. Actually, our sorcerer friend is merely using the superlative form of the adjective "athy" or "athie", meaning "to have a disbelieving attitude." One can wake up in the morning feeling sorta athie, get annoyed by street preachers on the way to work and feel athier, and by the end of the day, frustrated beyond belief by creationist idiots, be the absolutely athiest person in the city.

Cut the man a little slack.

Edit: fixed broken links

I found this not too long ago and got a good laugh. It was mainly Atheists reacting to a "Sorcerer" for publishing an Open Letter on his blog excoriating the New Atheists' aggressive public stance.

Here's the original Open Letter

And here's the Atheist reaction.

What's funny to me is that I consider myself an Atheist as well as I do not believe in a Supreme Diety. There is a "supreme" Tao or "process", yes. A supreme Diety? I seriously doubt it. But somehow I suspect those self-described Atheists wouldn't agree I deserve to use the same moniker as them. :P

p.s. Here's was my favorite comment by Atheists

I clicked on the things and it said the page was expired

(folks with labels often dont know what the labels mean , or fit them)

Stosh

Well, yeah, the Sorcerer made some valid points. However, (s)he ended up doing the same thing they were accusing the Atheists of doing. Stereotyping. Yes, there are many Atheists who stereotype. But there are many religious people and witches who do the same thing. So isn't that a bit of hypocracy?

We will always find zealots in any large group. These zealots will always state they they are right and if you don't believe as they do then you are wrong. Just the way life is.

Well, half the time atheists don't really have a good reputation... thing

Sometimes it's just a conclusion some people come to and other times people go through experiences that make them want to fight

I wanted to look up some legit atheist debates but all I found was some guy cracking jokes on youtube about how smart he is and everyone else is an idiot

I think the problem is that atheism is not taken as a serious thing even by most atheists, and that kinda suuuuuuuuuuucks

I think the problem is that atheism is not taken as a serious thing even by most atheists, and that kinda suuuuuuuuuuucks

Well, hey, I'm not an angry Atheist. I'm just an average Joe Atheist. It was the conclusion I arrived at after considering religion. I realize that many people need religion in their life. That's fine.

And no, I don't need to be taken seriously all the time. Hey, I'm not serious all the time.