Sign in to follow this  
shaq786

Iron Fist Training: Advantages?

I am thinking about also taking up iron fist training in addition to iron shirt but my question is:

1. Is it really worth the time to do?

2. Does an iron fist hurt more as opposed to a normal fist when punching?

3. Any benefits with preventing osteoarthritis in the future with iron fist?

4. Will I loose the iron fist after I attain it and stop training it? Same question for iron shirt training. If I stop training will I loose it?

5. How many months of training do I need to fully develop it?

6. Who in your opinion has good iron fists?

Edited by shaq786

I guess it's one of the "big If" things. If you have a good teacher who has the Real Goods, and you proceed carefully, IMO it is worth it. There are so many cautions, though, particularly when it comes to straining and putting unhealthy stress on internal organs. But done properly, I believe there are benefits both for general wellbeing and martial combat power.

About osteoarthritis, as far as I know about it, it's caused by auto-immune response and leads to inflammation. Auto-immune means the body "attacks itself" because the immune system misreads its own body tissues as foreign invaders. Low-impact internal training can improve circulation and reduce inflammation. I don't know if it directly prevents arthritis, though I doubt it. But I do think it can reduce inflammation due to better circulation. I have a little osteoarthritis that is inevitable with age, and I think that my martial practices may keep it in check. YMMV.

I am thinking about also taking up iron fist training in addition to iron shirt but my question is:

1. Is it really worth the time to do?

2. Does an iron fist hurt more as opposed to a normal fist when punching?

3. Any benefits with preventing osteoarthritis in the future with iron fist?

4. Will I loose the iron fist after I attain it and stop training it? Same question for iron shirt training. If I stop training will I loose it?

5. How many months of training do I need to fully develop it?

1. It is not worth to learn this skill in our modern time.

2. Yes, iron fist can damage someone's internal organ and can kill someone instantly.

3. If you practice any form of martial arts or chi kung, it will help to prevent osteoarthritis.

4. I am sure you will loose some effects if you are out of practice.

5. No one can answer this question. It depends on your own physical condition and self discipline.

Edited by ChiDragon

OOPS!

I misread the thread header as "Iron Shirt Advantages," not "Iron Fist."

My comments were referring to IRON SHIRT training, NOT Iron Fist. Mea Culpa!

And, I do not believe that so-called Iron first has ever given any benefits. Interal power comes from total unification of the body, and there is no way to "condition" the hands to be "harder" and more powerful. In fact, human hands were never meant to be used for the kinds of abusive things that such training involves.

I'd think that if anything, it could make arthritis worse!

was renowned for his iron fists.

So much so, that the officials actually thought he had metal bars inside his gloves. This was, of course, proven to be wrong.

His immense hitting power had a lot to do with his falling step technique, where his strike landed the exact time his foot/feet landed. Think hsing i style whole body force. Awesome.

Sign in to follow this