mike 134

Using Ibogaine or LSD to terminate kundalini ?

Hey guys,

I am curious if anybody has tried ibogaine to stop kundalini in its tracks and return themselves to their pre-K state ? Ibogaine is used to permanently cure drug addiction; from what I understand, it "resets" and "restores" the brain to a pre-addiction state. So I am curious if it can "restore" the brain and nervous system to a pre-kundalini state ? I found this article on the biology of kundalini website which speculates thus, although without empirical evidence:

In fact theraputic use of ibogaine might actually be seen as an alternative method of radical brain reconstruction in order to avoid extended periods of negative kundalini effects. Ibogaine might be useful for people seriously wanting to stop kundalini and not willing to ride it out and adapt to it...such as the mentally/emotionally unstable or those in unsupportive environments. Thus Ibogaine should be one of the things researched as potential method of stopping kundalini.

http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php?story=IbogaineandShamanicRenewal

I somehow managed to get kundalini unwillingly through only physical aerobic exercise (heavy running, biking) without any spiritual activity or drug use ever. I posted a couple of weeks ago here and got some helpful advice from certain members, and I have improved slowly, but I suddenly worsened a few days ago and I had to resume taking Valium. At first I wanted to go with it, who knows, everybody says K is a good thing, but no, its given me nothing but shit so I want it dead and gone. The insomnia really sucks and I have heat in my lower back, fire in my chest, warmth in the left side of my body, and twitching, buzzing, and vibrating everywhere including the head. Not to mention freaky altered states and bad pressure headaches.

I am not a spiritual person in the slightest, just a normal dude with normal ambitions like making money and chasing women. I don't want to deal with spiritual things which can take a long time and is not guaranteed to work, so I'm looking for a one time, quick, permanent fix. What can be better than taking one dosage of ibogaine and going back to my old self, if it works ?? And I don't want it EVER coming back. But I don't want to do it if it permanently fucks me up instead of curing me ! So is there anybody else out there with prior experience with ibogaine and kundalini ?

Also what about using LSD or shrooms? I have never used drugs myself, although I do know that sometimes drug use can trigger kundalini in the first place. But I am wondering about its effects in a person with an already awakened K.... will it cause the process to speed up so it ends sooner ? In cardiology we sometimes use a strategy called "overdrive pacing", that is, treating a person with a fast heart beat (tachyarrhythmia) by pacing their heart so that it beats even faster; this "overwhelms" the heart and will actual result in a slower heart rate overall in response. So is it correct for me to speculate that similar will happen if a K awakened person takes LSD or shrooms ?

Has anybody ever had any experiences with this?

Thanks.

Edited by mike 134

I am not a spiritual person in the slightest, just a normal dude with normal ambitions like making money and chasing women. I don't want to deal with spiritual things which can take a long time and is not guaranteed to work, so I'm looking for a one time, quick, permanent fix.

Certain this is Kundalini?

If it is - this is an Arousal, NOT an Awakening, and the symptoms might subside on their own. Using drugs might turn it into a full blown Awakening...

The solar activity might be aggravating it- cut down on exercise and eat heavy foods during the acute flair ups

Edited by Disabled Not Broken

Using LSD or Ibogine will not terminate kundalini.

Have you actualy met anyone in personwho has been doing energetics and healing for long time with loads of insight and expirience? This could help a lot.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I am curious if anybody has tried ibogaine to stop kundalini in its tracks and return themselves to their pre-K state ? Ibogaine is used to permanently cure drug addiction; from what I understand, it "resets" and "restores" the brain to a pre-addiction state. So I am curious if it can "restore" the brain and nervous system to a pre-kundalini state ? I found this article on the biology of kundalini website which speculates thus, although without empirical evidence:

http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php?story=IbogaineandShamanicRenewal

I somehow managed to get kundalini unwillingly through only physical aerobic exercise (heavy running, biking) without any spiritual activity or drug use ever. I posted a couple of weeks ago here and got some helpful advice from certain members, and I have improved slowly, but I suddenly worsened a few days ago and I had to resume taking Valium. At first I wanted to go with it, who knows, everybody says K is a good thing, but no, its given me nothing but shit so I want it dead and gone. The insomnia really sucks and I have heat in my lower back, fire in my chest, warmth in the left side of my body, and twitching, buzzing, and vibrating everywhere including the head. Not to mention freaky altered states and bad pressure headaches.

I am not a spiritual person in the slightest, just a normal dude with normal ambitions like making money and chasing women. I don't want to deal with spiritual things which can take a long time and is not guaranteed to work, so I'm looking for a one time, quick, permanent fix. What can be better than taking one dosage of ibogaine and going back to my old self, if it works ?? And I don't want it EVER coming back. But I don't want to do it if it permanently fucks me up instead of curing me ! So is there anybody else out there with prior experience with ibogaine and kundalini ?

Also what about using LSD or shrooms? I have never used drugs myself, although I do know that sometimes drug use can trigger kundalini in the first place. But I am wondering about its effects in a person with an already awakened K.... will it cause the process to speed up so it ends sooner ? In cardiology we sometimes use a strategy called "overdrive pacing", that is, treating a person with a fast heart beat (tachyarrhythmia) by pacing their heart so that it beats even faster; this "overwhelms" the heart and will actual result in a slower heart rate overall in response. So is it correct for me to speculate that similar will happen if a K awakened person takes LSD or shrooms ?

Has anybody ever had any experiences with this?

Thanks.

If I remember correctly I believe it was the member here named Taomeow who managed to stop her kundalini. If I got it wrong nevertheless there is someone here who has been a member for a long time and had done it before, but I cannot remember the name right.

I think that what you want to do here is honorable, being that you know what you want and that you have no qualms about stopping the kundalini. If you know on these forums kundalini and dantian are two terms that most members here are interested in having or obtaining. You're on a spiritual forum with ties to energetics and strange and different practices. You might come under a bit of fire here from other folks, being that many folks here would do their best to achieve a kundalini awakening because it is relatively rare, and is purported to give you very strange and amazing spiritual side effects.

I think that your request here is honorable for the precise reason that you honestly do not care about any of it and want nothing to do with these things. Your intentions are clear - you just want to live a normal life and not want or need to deal with any of this spiritual stuff.

If you aren't able to stop it, you might have to come into contact with people who have mastered living with an active kundalini, there are quite a few here on these forums. Most likely they know what you are going through, and will know what is best for you hence why you need to listen to them when they start talking to you. The folks from KAP no doubt know their stuff so there is an avenue for you there.

I find it interesting to note however that J.J. Semple in his book about kundalini writes that having the kundalini work through his body eventually cured tons of damage to his body, both physical going all the way down to the nerves. and basically after it had done most of its work, rejuvenated and strengthened his body and mind far beyond what it would have been normally if he had now awakened his kundalini. Who knows, maybe your suffering now might be a blessing in disguise.

I wish you luck.

P

In my experience life isn't really that bothered about what you want and what you care about, so you may be better off learning how to deal with whatever is happening to you and make friends with it and see what it is trying to teach you rather than try to get rid of it and stop it. My 2c, But whatever you do I wouldn't use LSD to try to deal with it.

Practitioner: thank you for your insights. No I am not trying to start arguments with anybody or trying to provoke people into denouncing me for what I want. I've already gotten plenty of other advice on K from helpful members when I posted earlier asking for generic advice. So there's no need to bring that up here. All I'm asking right now in this thread is whether or not anybody here has tried ibogaine or LSD specifically to get rid of kundalini, and what their experiences have been. I know, you're not the first to tell me its some kind of blessing in disguise but it's pretty clear that it's causing major damage to my nervous system and body, a body that was young and perfectly healthy beforehand, and I need it to stop. Taking a pill to permanently wipe it out and restore me to my original state sounds extremely tempting, but I would really like to hear from others who have done the same before I take the plunge myself, because while I want a permanent cure I do NOT want permanent side effects!

Have you actualy met anyone in personwho has been doing energetics and healing for long time with loads of insight and expirience? This could help a lot.

Not in person, no. Everybody I call up locally for help has no idea what I'm talking about. I prefer doing stuff at home (like popping a pill in my mouth). You state this does not get rid of K... please tell me if you know anybody who has tried and what became of them?

Certain this is Kundalini?

If it is - this is an Arousal, NOT an Awakening, and the symptoms might subside on their own. Using drugs might turn it into a full blown Awakening...

The solar activity might be aggravating it- cut down on exercise and eat heavy foods during the acute flair ups

The symptoms didn't go away after a whole year despite cutting down on "solar" activities like you mentioned. They are changing, to be sure, but not going away. I have no clue what the difference is between K symptoms, K arousal, K awakening... ppl seem to throw them out interchangeably. I don't think it really matters to tell you the truth.

Thanks guys.

I have no clue what the difference is between K symptoms, K arousal, K awakening... ppl seem to throw them out interchangeably. I don't think it really matters to tell you the truth.

In your particular case, it matters, much...

An Arousal means the Kundalini is no longer dormant, just kicking around. The symptoms it causes might eventually subside.

A Full Blown Awakening means it will not go away, the Kundalini is here to stay- and will likely cause you further 'distress', until it does what it wants to do.

The symptoms, though, lessen to a degree- it is always "Evolving"

If it is Awakened, either you will bend to it, or it will break you. No 'in between' - sorry.

[i had mine Awaken in 1991]

• Like 1

I would try to talk to someone who is highly skilled in both entity removal and energetic medicine as you will likely need some treatment between the two. Ya Mu/Michael Lomax can do both, possibly Jenny Lamb as well. I don't know if this will do everything you want it to or not, but either way I'm sure it will help you a great deal...

Hey guys,

Thanks for the responses, but please let me gently remind you guys I am looking specifically at chemical cures, ibogaine, LSD, shrooms (psilocybin) in this thread and any experiences you guys may have had with them when you are already suffering kundalini. I received plenty of helpful general advice elsewhere in other threads already. Sorry to have to be rough !

DNB: well, its been there for a year now and not going away. Yes it is changing, but its going from one bad to another bad, not from bad to good, except in the last 2 weeks there was some improvement but then the last few days I got worse again.

entheogens will not stop your kundalini and might aggravate it to a more awakened, and possible less stable state. The best thing to do is let it run its course, and if you want to quit having shakes and flashes and associated symptoms, i don't know what to tell you. I suggest a regimen of meditation and shaking, combined with as clean a lifestyle as you can muster. This includes diet, environment, use of sacramental substances, etc. Read about "kundalini syndrome" on wikipedia here.

I agree with suninmyeyes, those plants and compounds will not help you. I repeat, they contain the possibility of making it very much worse. Some people can awaken K with entheogens, purposefully or accidentally, whether used or abused, and it tends to be unstable and generally very difficult for these people.

I wish you success in managing it. Blessings

• Like 1

I think it would be wise and take some time to contemplate why you want to get rid of it? and examine any beliefs about it.

I know this isnt what you want to hear. But most people want things like money and women and hey i like that too, but the reality of what you want is how money and women make you feel eg important, proud, happy, pleasure, in control, relaxed etc. When you realise this...could take a lot of pain, then my guess is youll probably start looking at direct methods to feeling good. Which is what this site is about.

Other than that I would reccomend what someone else mentioned investigate qigong healers, they can do powerfull things.

edit: Mine awakened about a year ago..Ive done a lot, hundreds maybe even thousands of hours of spiritual "practice", etc and as well as massively improved health etc etc I am usually in bliss nearly all day

edit: Just as a philosophical note- I think part of the reason desire comes into the heart is because it is coming from the universe in order to assist harmony and evolution of everything...but a large part of desire is to do with feeling peaceful/blissful and/or being able to give to others

Edited by sinansencer

@magic,

iboga can help clear peoples minds and resolve their issues but i dont think its going to return his kundalini to a dormant state. there are a lot of stories about people who try to use plant helpers to manage their K and its almost %100 bad. From what i have read it is totally recommended against. So unless you have some specific information about success with kundalini specifically, and iboga, i am not sure that its a panacea that will help with every issue you put before it. In other words, your one person who came to your teacher was helped mentally, but he didn't want to revert his K back to a dormant state. I don't think entheogens will do that.

actually from everything expressed here, i have an intuitive sense that mike 134 has just awakened their kundalini and like not broken said, hes gonna have to deal with it. but of course, how can i be sure.. i can't just an intuition

Edited by anamatva

I totally hear you, I didn't mean to say Iboga can heal anything, but the person who came did say he had a kundalini awakening and wasn't able to handle it and made everything worse so that was the reason he came. In any sense, if you find a qi-healer that can settle your kundalini I would go that way first because it will be less intrusive and probably cheaper, I am just speaking from my own limited experience. At least for me, having a clearer mind after my Iboga treatment has enabled me to channel my energy in a much more useful and focused way. Best of luck.

@magic,

iboga can help clear peoples minds and resolve their issues but i dont think its going to return his kundalini to a dormant state. there are a lot of stories about people who try to use plant helpers to manage their K and its almost %100 bad. From what i have read it is totally recommended against. So unless you have some specific information about success with kundalini specifically, and iboga, i am not sure that its a panacea that will help with every issue you put before it. In other words, your one person who came to your teacher was helped mentally, but he didn't want to revert his K back to a dormant state. I don't think entheogens will do that.

actually from everything expressed here, i have an intuitive sense that mike 134 has just awakened their kundalini and like not broken said, hes gonna have to deal with it. but of course, how can i be sure.. i can't just an intuition

I totally hear you, I didn't mean to say Iboga can heal anything, but the person who came did say he had a kundalini awakening and wasn't able to handle it and made everything worse so that was the reason he came. In any sense, if you find a qi-healer that can settle your kundalini I would go that way first because it will be less intrusive and probably cheaper, I am just speaking from my own limited experience. At least for me, having a clearer mind after my Iboga treatment has enabled me to channel my energy in a much more useful and focused way. Best of luck.

and i likewise hear you that iboga can do awesome things to release mental obstructions, and quite probably energetic obstructions too. Since energetic obstructions are the main reason that people have a hard time with their kundalini, it stands to reason that iboga can help clear obstructions and possibly help mike 134 to have a more balanced experience dealing with it. But in my study of it, entheogens usually intensify the K itself. So if mike wants to clear his mind and push through some obstructions, then thats what iboga is for. But if he wants to return his K to a dormant state, i don't think entheogens are the answer at all. Blessings

Moughenda (the Bwiti Shaman I work with) says that Iboga is fire energy so that may be so. More study should definitely be done on it since more and more people are having these awakening "problems" which I see as blessings (lessons) in disguise

and i likewise hear you that iboga can do awesome things to release mental obstructions, and quite probably energetic obstructions too. Since energetic obstructions are the main reason that people have a hard time with their kundalini, it stands to reason that iboga can help clear obstructions and possibly help mike 134 to have a more balanced experience dealing with it. But in my study of it, entheogens usually intensify the K itself. So if mike wants to clear his mind and push through some obstructions, then thats what iboga is for. But if he wants to return his K to a dormant state, i don't think entheogens are the answer at all. Blessings

Magic, anavatma: I hear what you guys are saying, maybe it won't return me exactly normal like I was before this started, but won't it speeden things up ? Like if you have a skin abscess (a boil), you can either wait for it to drain out (painful and can take a while ), or you can just poke it with a needle and drain it instantly (very painful at that instant but it goes away fast)... End result is the same but one is quicker. Might Ibogaine do the same ? Intensify it briefly but then it settles down quickly too ? They claim kundalini eventually gets better and you reach a state of awesomness, but I'd rather get to that state quickly even if it means extreme short term agony. Cause it would suck to only arrive at that state after many years of prolonged, chronic suffering. I'd rather be a thousandaire in my twenties than a Nobel prize winning enlightened billionaire in my eighties.

Like if you have a skin abscess (a boil), you can either wait for it to drain out (painful and can take a while ), or you can just poke it with a needle and drain it instantly (very painful at that instant but it goes away fast)... End result is the same but one is quicker.

This is not a skin abscess, it is your mind-body's evolution. In this case, the needle could accidentally miss your arm and go straight through your eye, making you a crazy one-eyed man. :) Your body has to become ready to receive the completion, you have to lay the groundwork and adapt to it's changing circumstances. Otherwise you will be destroyed, and this is true of using entheogens as part of practice too. Clear your body of toxins, learn to rest in stillness, perhaps do some sort of shaking practice or dance. Get help from the KAP guys, follow that advice from the earlier thread. Sorry if i'm being redundant.

This is not something you want to rush, you need to become comfortable with those 'freaky altered states' and learn to be the calm within the storm. Otherwise, how will you just 'settle down' when you can no longer feel your body, but the world, and no longer hear your heart beating, but the raw rhythms of time? You find balance underneath the hoods of the cobra or dance on top of it, in the sky; then it becomes attracted to your own force of awareness and is subdued - or, you become lost in yourself and drown in the sensations, and it drives you mad. In a trial by fire you must become like water.

By all means, use an entheogen if you think it will help you, but you will need to develop that calm stillness eventually. It is key to a successful journey through unseen realms (which will undoubtedly happen if you decide to use entheogens), and it is key to stabilizing kundalini and the no-longer dormant forces in your body.

• Like 1

Magic, anavatma: I hear what you guys are saying, maybe it won't return me exactly normal like I was before this started, but won't it speeden things up ? Cause it would suck to only arrive at that state after many years of prolonged, chronic suffering. I'd rather be a thousandaire in my twenties than a Nobel prize winning enlightened billionaire in my eighties.

1. In that case I would recommend Iboga over LSD by about a million to zero. And i would do it in a sacramental setting with a shaman who is aware of your condition and exactly what you want to effect by ingesting it.

2. whats so bad about your experience? tightness and tension? shakes and shudders? are you hearing voices or having disturbing experiences? sorry i dont remember from previous posts, hope youre not offended

3. a clean lifestyle will help. Yvonne Kason's 10 step K-help outline, from the website i linked to earlier:

Develop and stick to a regular routine – have regular rising, bed, and meal times and set aside regular periods each week for exercise.

Get plenty of sleep and rest and set aside regular times for daily relaxation and weekly recreation.

Do not skip meals. Eat a nutritious, well-balanced diet. You don't need to deprive yourself of occasional treats, but avoid junk foods in general.

Keep the amount of stress and hectic activity to a minimum.

Communicate and share your thoughts and feelings with a supportive person daily, or as often as possible.

Keep your sex life moderate, and pay attention to your body if it seems to be telling you to cut down.

Spend time in nature; get plenty of natural daylight.

Avoid toxins and self-destructive habits such as smoking and drugs; keep alcohol consumption to a minimum.

Get regular physical exercise, at least two or three times a week.

Spend a moderate amount of time each day in meditation, prayer, and/or a spiritual practice.

doing all that will help immensely, but if your heart just hurts or your back aches, thats obstructions. I don't personally know if iboga can help to clear energetic obstructions, so i would look into it further before taking that route. I think Seth Ananda might know the answer but im not sure. A genuine iboga or Bitwi shaman will definitely know the answer. Best to you!

Edited by anamatva

I heard a radio prog about doctors successfully using Ibogaine to 'reset' drug addicts. I feel for you Mike because you're having a rough time of it. Let me add that K doesn't necessarily remove 'ordinary' desires but it does kick harder if you indulge in them without consciousness (at least has been my experience). So it's not the money and women at issue, it's the unconsciousness. IMO. Otherwise nothing wrong with either:-) The only way "out" as far as I get it is "through". TaoMeow did stop hers but I don't recall how. Yeah funny (not) that you got it without intending to. I reckon that's also (perhaps) part of why it can be so tough. I doubt that I would be able to deal with it without help and resources such as TTB but there's also that notion of context and understanding. The guys at KAP are helpful IME but lots of other folks on here are too.

i would just like to say that i wouldn't personally use iboga, and even if i was after some quick release and couldn't stand it, i would only consider using it after cleaning the rest of life up as neatly as i POSSIBLY could, and after finding a genuine shaman who you talked to about it beforehand, getting answers to all your questions and concerns first.

i dont actually recommend iboga by a factor of one million. i think some things are just hard, and you go through them, and come out the other side a better person. Kundalini is one of those things. There might not be a quick fix for you, and you always run the risk of destabilization with entheogens. Every single time. I don't know if an iboga shaman is going to tell you that.

Mike I would ask yourself a few questions regarding your experience. First, is what you're experiencing kundalini? I think you would go a long way towards confirming this by being certain to rule out an actual physical conditions first (i.e. see a doctor.) Second if it is a kundalini experience why are you so dead set on avoiding it? I'm not a kundalini advocate by any means, but I do believe things happen for a reason and if you are actually experiencing the precursors of a kundalini awakening, then there is a reason for it and exploring it under the guidance of a teacher could be in your best interest.

Finally, steer clear of drugs to deal with spiritual conditions, kundalini has nothing to do with your brain cells, it effects them, but to the best of my knowledge they don't effect it, so you may just end up exacerbating the problem.

I would like to hear the complete symptoms you're experiencing if possible. If you're interested I might be able to help with hypnosis, or at least give you some advice on how to use it to help you with your condition.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron

"The Biology of Kundalini" ebook was not written by a doctor or scientific researcher with credential, as such full of flights of fancy in an attempt to match current knowledge with Kundalini.
  • Like 2

Not in person, no. Everybody I call up locally for help has no idea what I'm talking about. I prefer doing stuff at home (like popping a pill in my mouth). You state this does not get rid of K... please tell me if you know anybody who has tried and what became of them.

Well I have tried LSD quite a few times ,last time about almost 20 years ago.(dont do or advocate drugs by the way). It brings all the subconicouss stuff up and if a person hasnt brought light to subconciesness than this has potential to overwhealm, especially if you do not feel steady and happy with current situation.

Basically its a full on hallucination. Some people go a bit or very mental after taking it.

Never tried iboga, heard that it works well for some with drug addiction and depression.

You want to fix something fast , when the only way to fix it is patience and flexibility. It is like me trying to change the wheel on my bike by using a hammer.

I understand what you say about doing stuff at home and popping pill in your mouth ,but would advise as previous to contact an energy worker /healer in person even if you have to travel far. Maybe take advice from people here as to which ones are most helpful.

edit:Just to share that someone close to me started to use drugs after K awakened and literally years of living clean and doing sadhana. Was found on the street and ended up in the mental hospital diagnosed with psychosis and couldnt remeber anyones adress or email for 6 months! It took 4 years to get back to normal(ish).

It wasnt even psychodelics.

Edited by suninmyeyes

You seem to have already decided what / how you will deal with this...

Just looking for an affirmative before going through with it?

I have no experience regarding the OP

I'd just say... follow your intuition/ feeling and go with it...forget the rest

you somehow came to this conclusion...

you seem pretty determined and already of strong mind... pushing yourself beyond the limits of your body... with your 'heavy running'?

you know what you are capable of

I hope you find what your want

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air