Sign in to follow this  
kevincann

Hello! I know a few people here!

Hello.

My name is Kevin Cann. I do not believe in hiding my identity, so I use my name as my logon name!

I'm sure that various people will recognize me from AYP.

I'm probably the most vocal person ever to be on the AYP forums, and I'm certainly no parrot.

But I do not see a need to bash AYP. In fact I respect the hard work that went into writing all

those books and taking disparate practices and molding them into a system, all the while attempting

to prevent 'kundalini syndrome'. So I have a certain amount of respect for what is being attempted.

Yes, it's an experiment; but everything we do is an experiment in one way or another.

Now as to the efficacy of the practices; well I'm not the person to ask. I was born awakened.

I'm not saying 'enlightened'. I'm saying 'awakened'. A lot of people now living were born

that way, so I'm not saying I'm some grand pubah with a funny hat.

I certainly understand most AYP practices, and in fact I understand the basis in biology and

even a little physics of many spiritual practices I have come across; I just don't do them,

except every once in a while to help someone else.

I've never had to do much yoga or any spiritual practices. My body has done a lot of automatic

kriyas over the years, so I pretty much leave it to that, other than

an appreciation for jnana and I try to help out here and there as best as I am able.

I have a certain appreciation for various systems, including the Taoist systems, but if you pin

me down, I came first and foremost from a Kundalini Yoga background.

But I developed the system from scratch, starting around the age of 12, and to be honest I'm

just completing it just now. So I've been watching Life, both material and less obvious for

almost 51 years now.

I have written some instructions and documents for a couple of the Gopi Krishna foundations,

but there is karma at work there, so I won't say more on that front.

I'm not saying that this system is good for anyone besides me; but I do talk about it a a fair

bit, as I see hints of it here and there in various systems as I come across them; so really

i'm not reinventing the wheel, I'm just 'proving to myself' that I don't need some half-baked

teacher to teach me Life.

I do see a lot of horrendous, ignorant things said about Kundalini almost wherever I go. And

even those systems that attempt a whole-being approach don't do very well, as unbalanced personalities

will always grab some 'shiny object' and abuse the shit out of it until they are in full

Kundalini syndrome.

I try to help out, but people with Kundalini problems are nearly universally caught in the 'false

light' of the maya aspect of Kundalini, which I call the 'golden stage'. Beings get caught up in

this stage for millions/billions of years sometimes. Then they go on to the 'silver stage' and

hang around for another trillion years or so. I can't fault the silver stage however; it's the

last vehicle for consciousness before final absorption into the full-void beyond worlds. If you want

to play the game, you need to have a piece on the board.

Anyway.

I just thought I'd say hi. I have no pressing plans for the remainder of this life. It's possible

I'll write some little book or two, documenting some of the critical things gotten wrong with

spiritual systems, but you know I'm kinda a lazy man. A couple years ago I was ejected from physical

form for 30 minutes, and my body went cold and mostly dead. That was nearly all she wrote. I must

say that those Dakini's look pretty good, and a wee bit of a vacation sounded rather nice.

But here I am again; and I would like to be productive; there is a lot of suffering out there due

to a lack of understanding of a few basics. But I don't want to just be another yutz who writes

a book about Kundalni and the meaning of life. The world is full of them.

So here I am, saying hi. And, "I don't mind learning stuff the old fashioned way either" from

interesting people.

"Hi".

Kev

Welcome ... look forward to your contributions.

A.

Love the cat!

Thanks for the welcome.

I probably won't start many topics, I prefer to join conversations in progress.

I've learned that what is important to me is seldom important to other people;

everyone's cognitive machinery is different. These days the 'Buddha' could stroll

down main street and nobody would notice. Of course if 'jesus' strode down main

street, someone would probably use their second amendment rights on him.

As they say in the alien invasion movies - 'welcome to planet earth!'.

Earth - the planet where advanced beings come wearing Kevlar, if they know

what is good for them; LOL.

Kev

Welcome Kev. Good to see you here. Enjoy.

:)

Thanks my dear friend.

I've been posting up a storm over at AYP, especially in the Kundalini support forums (both AYP

and non-AYP). People are begging for help and I'm offering help. I'm offering to carry them

to the exit from their difficulties and nobody is interested, either in the forums or in

email. I'd talk to them on the phone if they wanted. Hell, I'd fly to their house and help them

in some circumstances --- crickets.

When I was having Kundalni problems, I'd have crawled across a mile of broken glass for one good

sentence from someone who knew what they are talking about. I'm not joking or exaggerating.

Social conditioning and self-delusion are truly powerful forces <shakes head>. Of course we all

knew that.

I suppose the fetters would be off in this forum, if anyone gets me talking. LOL.

Kev

I've been posting up a storm over at ................................ nobody is interested, either in the forums or in

email.

:) I know the feeling... :)

When I was having Kundalni problems, I'd have crawled across a mile of broken glass for one good

sentence from someone who knew what they are talking about. I'm not joking or exaggerating.

Indeed.

Edited by Disabled Not Broken

:) I know the feeling... :)

Indeed.

People are like deer; they are quite shy.

If you approach them with guns blazing, then they quite rightfully skitter away.

You and I and everyone responds this way. Even brash people don't like to be pinned

to the wall to discuss ancient Irish whalebone knitting practices for 2 hours. Well,

not usually ;-)

But if we keep our obnoxious 'wisdom' to ourselves and interact with people the way

they wish to be interacted with; namely to genuinely listen to them, and to genuinely

answer them with their own framework; and in fact don't go around thinking that they

actually need 'your wisdom',

then one might be delighted and surprised, to find one of these shy creatures suddenly

in your presence and nibbling at some goodies that the Universe placed in your hand,

which is now open and not threatening: no longer clenched into zealot's fist.

Love,

Kev

How do you know Kevin is your real identity?

Because my dog has the Buddha nature, and he verified who I am for me.

-Kev

If you were an unawakened person - and wanted to practice. What system would you choose to practice right now?

If you were an unawakened person - and wanted to practice. What system would you choose to practice right now?

That's a very tough one.

If anyone gave you a recommendation, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a flurry of 'passionate' responses.

Rather than go through a list of possibilities, ranging from ashrams and relatively hardcore hatha

yoga derivatives, all the way to 'awakening light' which you can find in various forms on the Internet,

I'd recommend that you take a deep breath and assess if you have the desire and energy to commit to

some form of practice, or whether you are in more of a "want more information stage".

Now even here, there are landmines upon landmines before you.

There are a near-infinite number of crackpot systems, books and web sites out there.

Probably one of the safest paths is awareness training such as Vipassana, or forms of Zen.

I'm sure there are also gentle forms of Tao meditation that would also be in this category,

though I'm not an educated person in the Tao, I'm here to learn more about Tao myself, to see

how it maps to what I know.

The problems in practice come in, when you start doing 'energy work' or more 'exotic' practices

and do not have a teacher, which very few seem to have these days.

No matter which path you go down, be it of a Buddhist, Yogic, or Tao path, I'd stick with the

awareness training in the beginning, and make sure you have a support system.

I'd avoid systems which are intimately associated with sexuality from day one, or which are

of the western Hermetic traditions, if you have no background.

I'd really welcome other people responding to your question as well.

PS: we are all awakened to some degree, or we'd be stones. The fact that you are asking

means something is stirring in you.

Love,

Kevin

That's a very tough one.

If anyone gave you a recommendation, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a flurry of 'passionate' responses.

Rather than go through a list of possibilities, ranging from ashrams and relatively hardcore hatha

yoga derivatives, all the way to 'awakening light' which you can find in various forms on the Internet,

I'd recommend that you take a deep breath and assess if you have the desire and energy to commit to

some form of practice, or whether you are in more of a "want more information stage".

Now even here, there are landmines upon landmines before you.

There are a near-infinite number of crackpot systems, books and web sites out there.

Probably one of the safest paths is awareness training such as Vipassana, or forms of Zen.

I'm sure there are also gentle forms of Tao meditation that would also be in this category,

though I'm not an educated person in the Tao, I'm here to learn more about Tao myself, to see

how it maps to what I know.

The problems in practice come in, when you start doing 'energy work' or more 'exotic' practices

and do not have a teacher, which very few seem to have these days.

No matter which path you go down, be it of a Buddhist, Yogic, or Tao path, I'd stick with the

awareness training in the beginning, and make sure you have a support system.

I'd avoid systems which are intimately associated with sexuality from day one, or which are

of the western Hermetic traditions, if you have no background.

I'd really welcome other people responding to your question as well.

PS: we are all awakened to some degree, or we'd be stones. The fact that you are asking

means something is stirring in you.

Love,

Kevin

Hi thanks. I practice Spring Forest Qigong and when I'm not practicing that - I use Sedona Method releasing for my awareness training - and try and stay present. I have dabbled a little in Zazen too. Sometimes I wonder if I should check out KAP or Kunlun - just to see if these practices are more powerful. Most people seem to be biased toward what they practice - so when I read your post I figured I'd pick your brain since you have observed a lot. Good answer and thanks.

Hi thanks. I practice Spring Forest Qigong and when I'm not practicing that - I use Sedona Method releasing for my awareness training - and try and stay present. I have dabbled a little in Zazen too. Sometimes I wonder if I should check out KAP or Kunlun - just to see if these practices are more powerful. Most people seem to be biased toward what they practice - so when I read your post I figured I'd pick your brain since you have observed a lot. Good answer and thanks.

See - your own guidance has chosen well for you.

Success in self-actualization flows from success with awareness training and purification of what

hinders. Where our thoughts are, where are emotions are, where our latent impulses are stored;

results in subtle tensions that choke the flow of life, and colors our view of life (Life).

Once the mind is steady, it may make sense to proceed to energy systems; but then again it may not.

There is this tendency to be restless and jump into new practices, when the restlessness is the

indication that one is not in the present; that restlessness is the indication that you'd be

running away from your first lesson, by taking up the second lesson and distracting yourself.

However only you can determine this for yourself; and energy work with some community support

may be your next step.

As the mind so goes the body. As the body so goes the mind. So this is not a cut and dried matter.

I suppose your question was really, "how can I become self-realized faster!" That is often the real

question.

Of course there is no answer to that. It's rather a conundrum. If you have no fire for self-realization

it may never happen. If you have fire for self-realization you may be caught up in delusion for half

of forever and it will never happen.

It is generally said that it is a matter of grace, or the 'way' and it unfolds as it will.

And this is certainly true.

You are not a man trying to force yourself awake;

you are a man trying to force yourself awake AND an inner essence wishing to be awake;

at the first both live in different worlds, have different agendas and different time tables.

And one without the other cannot succeed.

Fortunately for you, most of the information you need is available in the world, and the rest

will come to you as you follow your path.

Love,

Kevin

Sign in to follow this