shaq786

Quick Question on Masturbation and Energy Cultivation

My question is

1. how long do I wait after masturbation before I practice my energy cultivation?

2. And how long do I wait after practicing energy cultivation so that I can masturbate?

Here are the methods that I use for energy cultivation:

1. Meditation focusing on the dan tien only, breathing in deeply and holding it for 5 seconds and releasing it fully and holding that for 5 seconds. Stomach expands on inhalation and collapses on exhalation.

2. I also do, meditation focusing on the dan tien only, breathing in deeply and holding it for 5 seconds and releasing it fully and holding that for 5 seconds. BUT this time the Stomach collapses inward on inhalation and expands on exhalation.

My question is

1. how long do I wait after masturbation before I practice my energy cultivation?

2. And how long do I wait after practicing energy cultivation so that I can masturbate?

1. Since you had consumed lot of energy, you can start your energy cultivation almost immediately.

2. Some males may have multi-orgasm per day. It depends on how many can you do. After your final number, then, wait three to four days for the completion of the sperm reproduction cycle.

1. Meditation focusing on the dan tien only, breathing in deeply and holding it for 5 seconds and releasing it fully and holding that for 5 seconds. Stomach expands on inhalation and collapses on exhalation.

2. I also do, meditation focusing on the dan tien only, breathing in deeply and holding it for 5 seconds and releasing it fully and holding that for 5 seconds. BUT this time the Stomach collapses inward on inhalation and expands on exhalation.

1. It is called the normal breathing method.

2. It is the reverse breathing method. If you inhale-hold-exhale, that was know as "turtle breathing" or "embryonic breathing" which is in your case.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

1. Since you had consumed lot of energy, you can start your energy cultivation almost immediately.

2. Some males may have multi-orgasm per day. It depends on how many can you do. After your final number, then, wait three to four days for the completion of the sperm reproduction cycle.

1. So in your opinion, you dont have to wait 24 hours after masturbation to do energy cultivation meditation? Some others out there are saying wait 1 week after you masturbate to do energy cultivation meditation. I thought that was a little eXtreme!

1. So in your opinion, you dont have to wait 24 hours after masturbation to do energy cultivation meditation? Some others out there are saying wait 1 week after you masturbate to do energy cultivation meditation. I thought that was a little eXtreme!

No, you don't have to wait 24 hours. My rationale was I am not consuming energy instead I am building it up. Hence, I can increase my energy level at anytime I want to.

• Like 1

I would wait an hour or two just to let your nervous system adjust to the changes and take in the relaxation response, I don't know what the masters say on this but this is my personal opinion

Many say that if you do not wait 72 hours to do dan tian work after you ejaculate, you will tear your Dan tian. I believe this to have some merit.

• Like 3

Many say that if you do not wait 72 hours to do dan tian work after you ejaculate, you will tear your Dan tian. I believe this to have some merit.

Next time, you better wait 72 hours then.....;)

PS....

Perhaps it was for some individuals but it was not so for the advanced Chi Kung practitioners. What the energy cultivation meditation does was to speed up the recovery process. The process will be taken place in the 72 hour waiting period, anyway, but it was just slower. Please don't forget that the body does its own thing automatically.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

obviously you're trying to do mo pai. your teacher says wait 3 days. why don't you believe and follow his instructions?

Yes, if you're doing mo pai, see this thread (one of a few made for the same guy):

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/23403-leaking-dan-tian-yang-embryo/

Basically seriously messed himself up. No idea what's happened since he went to the hospital.

Mo Pai sounds sort of like becoming an astronaut.. Don't do it if you're not ready to go the distance.

If you want to benefit from the advantages of qi gong in general and haven't found "the one" for you yet there are lots of people around here who could help you find one based on what you hope to get out of the practice and what you might be combining it with.

If you do have an advanced teacher and you really want to learn what he can teach you, then you are in luck. Otherwise, just doing the breathing exercises you mentioned out of a book, there are a lot more fruitful paths you could take even before finding a teacher, and many people here with tidbits of advice to sift through in gettting a better start in Chi Gong, imo, if you're interested....

That guy who posted about his leaking dan tian and forming blockages is total bs, fearmongering. That's not how it works.

• Like 1

That guy who posted about his leaking dan tian and forming blockages is total bs, fearmongering. That's not how it works.

Is there a way to be sure? Maybe it's something he's went through that you didn't?

shaq, if you have a teacher then ask him...i doubt anyone on this forum has the answer you need.

-My 2 cents, Peace

@fizix...

I'm totally agree with you....!!!

@OldGreen...

What make you so sure.....???

Edited by ChiDragon

Is there a way to be sure? Maybe it's something he's went through that you didn't?

"Oh, oh - I'll answer! YES, beating off then practicing meditation, qigong, and LDT energy cultivation."

I'll bet you i'm not the only one and we don't have hospitals full of loons that have screwed themselves over with this sort of thing. :lol:

I find my mind to be more relaxed after a good orgasm, it makes it easier to practice, even.

• Like 1

"Oh, oh - I'll answer! YES, beating off then practicing meditation, qigong, and LDT energy cultivation."

I'll bet you i'm not the only one and we don't have hospitals full of loons that have screwed themselves over with this sort of thing. :lol:

I find my mind to be more relaxed after a good orgasm, it makes it easier to practice, even.

Oh wow lets just mock people and not take in consideration what they have to say because it didnt operate according our supposed understanding. Thats great man. Keep it up.

I've read a few things about a phenomenon like this from different members here who have been doing primarily sitting neidan and filling the ldt. I must have seen 5 people say the same thing already. Basically being that they cultivated the heat in the dantian, had some sex and then something went wrong with the energy and went into places it wasn't supposed to go and things happened that werent supposed to. Maybe not as extreme as this dudes case but they do sound similar.

• Like 1

Cultivating energy in the so-called Dan Tien after a masturbation session... it seems to harm only practitioners who are celibate most of the time ( more than 1 month), and not all of them.

If you are not celibate, you haven't enough energy to harm yourself in any way by cultivating your practice.

My question is

Oh wow lets just mock people and not take in consideration what they have to say because it didnt operate according our supposed understanding. Thats great man. Keep it up.

I've read a few things about a phenomenon like this from different members here who have been doing primarily sitting neidan and filling the ldt. I must have seen 5 people say the same thing already. Basically being that they cultivated the heat in the dantian, had some sex and then something went wrong with the energy and went into places it wasn't supposed to go and things happened that werent supposed to. Maybe not as extreme as this dudes case but they do sound similar.

This is all depends how long had they been practicing. We didn't know what level of practice these 5 people were in. We cannot expect one does it in few days or weeks and expect to have great results. If people have not had any Chi Kung experience like practiced for a long time, they better not expect that they can perform like a tiger. Unfortunately, they may hurt themselves and still don't know what happened.

After this leisure performance, people with long time energy cultivation practice, their bodies will rejuvenate themselves a lot quicker than a non-practitioner. In addition, they can almost go into the cultivation immediately because their bodies were well equip and ready to create more energy.

This is all depends how long had they been practicing. We didn't know what level of practice these 5 people were in. We cannot expect one does it in few days or weeks and expect to have great results. If people have not had any Chi Kung experience like practiced for a long time, they better not expect that they can perform like a tiger. Unfortunately, they may hurt themselves and still don't know what happened.

After this leisure performance, people with long time energy cultivation practice, their bodies will rejuvenate themselves a lot quicker than a non-practitioner. In addition, they can almost go into the cultivation immediately because their bodies were well equip and ready to create more energy.

Depends on your school because not all training is the same. With some forms of chi cultivation what you said could apply. However, it helps no one when you're talking about a form of training that you know nothing about beyond what you have read in books. In order to give useful advice, one must have actually engaged in the form of training that is being done by the other person, and have achieved a higher level than said person.

It also helps no one when a student ignores the advice and rules that are given to him by his teacher, and looks for advice from random people who know nothing about what sort of training they are undertaking, or even worse people who think that they know but don't actually know anything.

• Like 2

Depends on your school because not all training is the same. With some forms of chi cultivation what you said could apply. However, it helps no one when you're talking about a form of training that you know nothing about beyond what you have read in books. In order to give useful advice, one must have actually engaged in the form of training that is being done by the other person, and have achieved a higher level than said person.

It also helps no one when a student ignores the advice and rules that are given to him by his teacher, and looks for advice from random people who know nothing about what sort of training they are undertaking, or even worse people who think that they know but don't actually know anything.

What a wild assumption that was.....???

Let's put it this way, if the people don't know it or don't practice it may not be getting such idea.

BTW Somebody in the thread has no problem with that.