Disabled Not Broken

Max/Lamb's Kunlun(1) Red Phoenix(1,2) Kuan Yin(Matsuo) Vs. Kundalini

Kunlun(1) Red Phoenix(1,2) Kuan Yin(Matsuo) Vs. Kundalini

I want to express that this is solely My Experiences & Only My Opinions and observations.

I noticed there was a lot of heat on other threads regarding these subjects so I do not want to add fuel by any means.

Last night when I was meditating I seen this Thread Topic flash before my inner eye(s) but had the word "CONTRAINDICATED" on it....

The thread is not here, so I am starting it

If you have read my previous threads, you will know my Kundalini has peaked over the last couple of decades.

I am in no capacity to be a judge on which systems are 'better', nor in a position to perform anything outside of my limited confines of "practitioner".

However, I can tell what is affecting my Kundalini [surges] and what external alchemical sources 'aggravate' said 'condition'

I keep a diary and enter Solar conditions, Moon, Planetary, etc so as not to have variables influence results

My Kundalini is peaked:

I practice Christopher Lee's Matsuo's Kuan Yin Magnetic QiGong

This is affecting my central channel.

[i know some terminology might be 'painting with a broad brush', but I can only use what is familiar to myself]

Many will say Kundalini rises up spine

Some will say it descends from above into the Fontanelle

Mine - arises (front) of my spine, as opposed to feeling it 'under my skin, on the back of my spine'

This is close to the central channel

My Ida/Pingala are mixed so I do not feel the heat/cold - it is 'just' surges moving upwards.

I practice Christopher Lee's Matsuo's Kuan Yin Magnetic QiGong

This is affecting my central channel.... this does not feel similar to Kundalini energy.

Max's and Lamb's Kunlun level 1 is also empowering my central channel.

Again - the potent 'aggravation' to my central channel is over powering the Kundalini upward flow as this is moving magnetic energy down the middle of my core.

If I run Kundalini upwards simultaneously running magnetic down my central - I feel a 'tug' on my coccyx and crown chakra

Kundalini and Central Channel Gongs are different energy(s) IN MY OPINION.

The weird thing is - if I cease ALL central core Gongs, and continue on to Kundalini THE NEXT DAY - the Kundalini seems to have been fed by some 'Alchemical Metastasis'

Again- *just my personal observations*

Do not practice Central Gongs during the same 'practice period'. Preferably different day, after digesting a meal/grounding thoroughly

Doing these in same period is similar to "taking Melatonin with a Red Bull Energy Drink"

The Kunlun really delivers magnetic resonance to the heart chakra and the contrasting Kundalini energy creates heart palpitations and gastric disturbances

Red Phoenix 1 and 2 without prior Kunlun 1, jumps the Kundalini to Fontanelle. The energy remains 'localized' and feels then, like there is a link-up to an "8th chakra" that pulsates.

Curiously, it I change 3rd eye 'coordinates' from false 3rd to hairline location- the crown chakra becomes one large encompassing 'portal'

Also:

Kundalini, [Jing- Qi - Shen] feels very anxiety-ridden

Whereas the central Gongs feel very calming

[My observation: Kundalini has Yang with Yin following and central Gongs have Yin with Yang following: this may not be 'technically correct-- but it 'feels like it']

I will not go so far as saying the central Gongs neutralize Kundalini awakening, because it seems to feed it.

However if your Kundalini is not awakened [yet]- the central Gongs may prolong it's awakening (?)

I am trying to promote a 'consummate synthesis' between both- I will update if I 'personally' can maintain this...

• Like 2

I am trying to promote a 'consummate synthesis' between both- I will update if I 'personally' can maintain this...

want to add this:

Kunlun level 1 - heels down - hand positions reversed

Central Channel feels as if it is flowing backwards - I shall dub this the "salmon technique" ;)

Good insight - max has cautioned not to do kunlun and kundalini practice close together. Said you don't want to run two trains on the same tracks going the opposite way - and if you do, what do you do...call up your sister, because she's never seen a train wreck before!

I've practised Kunlun 1 with a full on K-awakening for about 4 years headen on now. I dont have much to say about it that others could find useful except I ain't dead. I think your observations are too incomplete or unique to your constitution, to draw any conclusions from, except you ain't dead. But that's a good thing.

• Like 4

Good insight - max has cautioned not to do kunlun and kundalini practice close together. Said you don't want to run two trains on the same tracks going the opposite way - and if you do, what do you do...call up your sister, because she's never seen a train wreck before!

• Like 1

I want to express that this is solely My Experiences & Only My Opinions and observations.

I noticed there was a lot of heat on other threads regarding these subjects so I do not want to add fuel by any means.

Great post. While I'm not interested in who'd win in a meditation fight, I am interested in more descriptions of the similarities and differences you've found in these 3 practices.

Thanks and I understand you'd have to explain within the constraints the respective teachers and traditions have for secrecy.

I've practised Kunlun 1 with a full on K-awakening for about 4 years headen on now. I dont have much to say about it that others could find useful except I ain't dead. I think your observations are too incomplete or unique to your constitution, to draw any conclusions from, except you ain't dead. But that's a good thing.

Full Kundalini Awakening [and not an 'Arousal']. Kundalini awakened first, followed by practicing Kunlun?

Awesome - and being alive, does help :)

Thanks for the feedback

Great post. While I'm not interested in who'd win in a meditation fight, I am interested in more descriptions of the similarities and differences you've found in these 3 practices.

Thanks and I understand you'd have to explain within the constraints the respective teachers and traditions have for secrecy.

Indeed, difficult being concise and articulate while keeping secrets lol

Wonder if that's how the Ninjas started out? :)

...and Thank you

Edited by Disabled Not Broken

Someone emailed me and asked me about Red Phoenix Level #3 and those effects...

There's a Red Phoenix Level #3? lol

If I knew I can comment -- but lol... this is news to me :D

You'd need to learn it directly to be able to practice.

But just theoretically - what goes down must come up again.

• Like 2

I've been doing Yantra Yoga and Flying Phoenix Qigong for a while now. Because I have more time on my hands starting this February, I'm planning on starting Jenny Lamb's Yigong. Is this a bad idea on account of the Yantra Yoga? I'm not very knowledgeable concerning energetic terminology. I'm thinking that since Yantra Yoga is based on an Indian system, this could qualify as a kundalini practice? Am I far off???

Thx

I've been doing Yantra Yoga and Flying Phoenix Qigong for a while now. Because I have more time on my hands starting this February, I'm planning on starting Jenny Lamb's Yigong. Is this a bad idea on account of the Yantra Yoga? I'm not very knowledgeable concerning energetic terminology. I'm thinking that since Yantra Yoga is based on an Indian system, this could qualify as a kundalini practice? Am I far off???

Thx

Hi! You may be could not beleive me but I was thinking about absolutely the same combination of practices. My opinion it is to much for mixing together. I wont tell you what I have chosen but I will give you few hints.

You really need transmission for Yantra Yoga. It is not said in texts but it is practice of high level. You should have clear experience of "external qi" to practice yoga of tummo. So if you have elaborated good energy with FP already than it might work well for you. IMO. Sifu Terry said that FP chi kung is very compatible with many kinds of tibetan yoga as it was received by Feng Do Duk from buddhist deity and master Feng Do Duk got some elements of his system from tibetan and indian yogis. And FP is purely medical chi kung which is very compatible with many other systems.

Yi gong of Jenny Lamb is from taoist Maoshan sytem. But she is buddist. As far as I know she does not recommend to mix practices and does recommend to stick with one system. But in general yi gong compatible with many other systems but you should be careful as yi gong is downward moving qi (Maoshan) and Yantra Yoga is upward moving kundalini. And you have to practice prelim. practices according to Namkai Norbu Rinpoche. More over that you need much time for different practices and every of these systems is complete for itself. As for PF chi kung as far as I know there is no much stress on chanels and kundalini but you have to ask Sifu Terry for clarification.

• Like 1

Funny that you should consider the same practices. I also had a feeling that it might be a bit too much. From a time standpoint, I can pull it all off, as I'm now self employed. I just don't want to experience any trainwrecks, as one poster put it.

Can you elaborate on the clear experience of external qi? During my PF practice I feel very tangible energy running through my limbs and fingers, and to some degree in my central channel. Would this be internal qi?

Hi! You may be could not beleive me but I was thinking about absolutely the same combination of practices. My opinion it is to much for mixing together. I wont tell you what I have chosen but I will give you few hints.

You really need transmission for Yantra Yoga. It is not said in texts but it is practice of high level. You should have clear experience of "external qi" to practice yoga of tummo. So if you have elaborated good energy with FP already than it might work well for you. IMO. Sifu Terry said that FP chi kung is very compatible with many kinds of tibetan yoga as it was received by Feng Do Duk from buddhist deity and master Feng Do Duk got some elements of his system from tibetan and indian yogis. And FP is purely medical chi kung which is very compatible with many other systems.

Yi gong of Jenny Lamb is from taoist Maoshan sytem. But she is buddist. As far as I know she does not recommend to mix practices and does recommend to stick with one system. But in general yi gong compatible with many other systems but you should be careful as yi gong is downward moving qi (Maoshan) and Yantra Yoga is upward moving kundalini. And you have to practice prelim. practices according to Namkai Norbu Rinpoche. More over that you need much time for different practices and every of these systems is complete for itself. As for PF chi kung as far as I know there is no much stress on chanels and kundalini but you have to ask Sifu Terry for clarification.

Also, this question just occured to me: From my understanding, Tibetan lung practices generally start at the crown chakra and proceed to the root chakra. Before I started doing Yantra Yoga, I'd been doing Tenzin Rinpoche's Tsa Lung practice for a few months, which proceeded this way. I also seem to remember reading something about the process of dying being opposite in Indian and Tibetan systems - ie, consciousness descending in Tibetan Buddhism. Because of this I was under the impression that Yantra Yoga worked oppositely, but I could be dead wrong, in which case I'd appreciate correction.

Funny that you should consider the same practices. I also had a feeling that it might be a bit too much. From a time standpoint, I can pull it all off, as I'm now self employed. I just don't want to experience any trainwrecks, as one poster put it.

Can you elaborate on the clear experience of external qi? During my PF practice I feel very tangible energy running through my limbs and fingers, and to some degree in my central channel. Would this be internal qi?

I can not say exactly as I don't practice tummo. But I know one guy well who practices tummo and he said that it was not working for him untill he could experience "external qi" in channels.But he mentioned MCO. That MCO is very desirable for tummo and one should have ability to sense external qi and to gather it in lower tan tien for tummo.

I am not sure about buddhist practices and cant give you any recommendations. But I am sure it is better to stick with one system or may be add something else if it is compatible. I myself am not sure but I think that FP chi kung is purely medical and produces very subtle energy which is good for any other practice and Sifu Terry said that it GM Doo's practices (which is FP I believe) boosted up his other internal arts he had practiced before. I myslef only know he does not recommend to learn other system when you LEARN FP chi kung but it is good to practice something else. I am not sure myslef because as far as I know according to Sifu Tery FP is complete system but the practice released on DVDs is level one only and it is incomplete without further tranmission. But at the same time Sifu Terry wrote that practice from DVD number 4 is very high level and can give very tangible result but you should ask him for clarification. I want to add something to my FP chi kung too. But not all three systems together. Even if you have time it is different energies from diff. systems and you should respect system you are practicing and trust it. You see Yantra Yoga requires good commitment to the Ningma and you should have Dzogchen transmission for it and it is very difficult practice as there are quite advanced asanas. And we should only trust Namkai Norbu it is authentic. Do you know anyone who got tangible results with Yantra Yoga? I dont.

Edited by Eugene

I see your point. Yantra Yoga doesn't produce the same tangible energetic effects for me as PF, which is one reason I've been looking for another system. This may be because I have not received transmission, or because I've been practicing on my own with the DVD. Considering your advice, I think I might just take a break from Yantra Yoga and do Jenny Lamb's stuff for a while. Thanks for your help.

:ph34r: I don want to say anything bad about any system but I have some thoughts and experience. I used to practice Yantra Yoga for 6 months without any results. Only result I had was I became more flexible phisically. And yes, I did not have transmission either. But I was on seminar. Do you really want to do all those quite complicated asanas? As far as I know only 1-2 persons are able to do ALL asanas from Yantra in the WHOLE WORLD. And one of them is former acrobat. And it is not typical for Tibet yoga. There are many questions regarding YY and I heard many of criticism on some instructors of YY.

It might be a good practice but I should ask again if one knows anybody who got tangible results with YY? At the same time many authentic chi kung systems are much easier to learn and you can read many positive reports on it here on the forum.

I see your point. Yantra Yoga doesn't produce the same tangible energetic effects for me as PF, which is one reason I've been looking for another system. This may be because I have not received transmission, or because I've been practicing on my own with the DVD. Considering your advice, I think I might just take a break from Yantra Yoga and do Jenny Lamb's stuff for a while. Thanks for your help.

Why don't you ask Sifu Jenny about whether it can be mixed with her practice?

Why don't you ask Sifu Jenny about whether it can be mixed with her practice?

I think I will. What I end up doing depends on what she tells me. Of all three practices, I'm most intent on Flying Phoenix and Yigong.

I don't think I've wasted time with the Yantra Yoga, as my flexibility and breathing (particularly in difficult positions) has increased a lot. Hopefully no one reading this will take this as a criticism of YY. I sense that it's time for someting new, however.

• Like 1

She has answered in her Q&A on her website that Yi Gong is actually complete practice. But may it means that you have to meet her in person and to receive more advanced practice. This is not clear at all and not only regarding Yi Gong. The same for many other chu kung sytems. They do not answer clear enough. Jenny Lamb recommends to stick with system as well as many others but they have to add it means that you coming for their seminars. I myself can not visit them as they are in USA.

I think I will. What I end up doing depends on what she tells me. Of all three practices, I'm most intent on Flying Phoenix and Yigong.

I don't think I've wasted time with the Yantra Yoga, as my flexibility and breathing (particularly in difficult positions) has increased a lot. Hopefully no one reading this will take this as a criticism of YY. I sense that it's time for someting new, however.

The goal of YY is to unite Yin and Yan but not flexibility. But yes for myself I got result that now I can seat in half lotus for FP. :closedeyes: :P And I do full lotus easily. But still cant fly as it is promised in the YY book. Do you know any insructor of YY who can fly really?

Don't want to criticise it. Some high level tummo masters could fly they say. But it is not always what they promise in books. It may be good if you really committed to Ningma and Namkai Norbu. Otherwise it is kundalini practice which was practiced in mountains in Tibet by very commetted to TB yogis. And it is not like now people buying books wanting to fly

Edited by Eugene

The goal of YY is to unite Yin and Yan but not flexibility. But yes for myself I got result that now I can seat in half lotus for FP. :closedeyes: :P And I do full lotus easily. But still cant fly as it is promised in the YY book. Do you know any insructor of YY who can fly really?

Don't want to criticise it. Some high level tummo masters could fly they say. But it is not always what they promise in books. It may be good if you really committed to Ningma and Namkai Norbu. Otherwise it is kundalini practice which was practiced in mountains in Tibet by very commetted to TB yogis. And it is not like now people buying books wanting to fly

Haha, can't say I know anyone who can fly. That's not to say that I dont' believe that extraordinary powers can be achieved, though that's not my aim personally. I guess my interest in Yantra Yoga and Tibetan practices comes from the various books on Tibetan Buddhism I've read, which I've found very deep and satisfying. But I suppose there's nothing wrong with using Qigong as my spiritual practice and drawing inspiration from Tibetan Buddhism - Truth is Truth :)

I do not understand really what you want. I asked the same question myself. We always have choice and monkey's mind can tell you many nice stories. Qigongs are not just exercices for supernatural power. They are spiritual practices too. But of course not all of them. It depends on the teacher and the system and personal karma. No one can know your karma even you yourself. TB is very attractive for me personally. But I am thinking it is very much about your karma to find proper teacher in TB. And your (and mine too) readiness. At the moment I find it easier to practice chikungs and I am just checking it. Give the time to one system. Or work well with one and then add something else compatible with it. Otherwise monkey mind always knows better ways

hi guys, I am inclined to advocate for simplicity ... do one practice well do it daily, Now I admit to doing both Tai ji quan and the Flying phoenix qi gong, plus ba duan chin, but I have been doing tjq and bdc for 35 years. Add new things slowly gain comfortable masteryb before adding complexity.

peace

• Like 2