shaq786

Any benefit in Circular Rubbing of Dan Tien?

Any one know if there is any benefit in circular rubbing(counterclockwise and clockwise) of the dan tien 300 times each every day?

I was reading it somewhere.

Any one know if there is any benefit in circular rubbing(counterclockwise and clockwise) of the dan tien 300 times each every day?

I was reading it somewhere.

where were you reading it? and what were you reading about it?

if you rub clockwise you will stimulate the colon to poop, according to daniel reid. i can't see any benefit to the LDT or internal energy from such rubbing though.

edit: as if it needs to be said, i could be wrong

Edited by anamatva

I know that the male deer exercise I have begun doing recommends rubbing your dan tien 81 times with each hand while cupping the testicles. CW and CCW. I have been doing it every morning and it supposedly increases vitality.

there are most definately benefits to rubbing the ldt and also the mdt.

i dont know about the 300 or 81 numbers.

36 and or 24 should suffice.

also an accumulating qi method of drawing a spiral pattern above ldt, without touching the body.with right hand cw.

for men ccr for women, gradually increase size of spiral over your body as far as you can reach and then graduallu decrease spiral

back to ldt and repeat as many times as you like.

will accumulate qi quickly. allows genuine -qi to fill up your dantien and increases potential for qi to pass thru qi circualtion paths.

after you have stopped spiralling , the genuine -qi will condense towards your center. kinda like the sensation of swirling water in a bucket.

qi is gathered and will fill your entire body in a short period of time.

• Like 2

Bro, seriously. The only reason people say to do something a certain amount of times is to ENSURE that you put the work in. You don't have to do it for a set amount of times, you just want to relax, and focus on the area while rubbing. Pay attention to the body and energy, feel deep inside the Dan Tien as you rub. you don't have to do an exact 36/24/300 times.

Breath into the belly, low and deep - slowly and rub the area slowly as well. Its about feeling. Quality over quantity.

If you practice this way you may end up rubbing 50 times, but it doesn't matter, your cultivating health and energy and that's the real point.

Yes, good for many reasons, used to store chi in dantien following chi gong as well.

I suggest doing from ltd, up sides over just under chest (around the diaphragm) and down sides with right over left hand.. feels like this massages the organs nicely and improves circulation, digestion, etc. Do both directions. Don't be afraid to sway a bit with it too.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness